Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Maximum disrespect to the black bus

Posted by langcow 
Maximum disrespect to the black bus
June 21, 2016 08:09PM
Our crew has been coming to the SNWMF since the Marysville days. The black bus that blasted the camping area with horrible music all weekend (including Mon while we were packing up) ruined what was an otherwise good event this year. All our immediate neighbors were pissed off about it.

Everybody should be able to enjoy their tunes at their campsite and there will always be some sound overlap, but these idiots pointed their speakers right at all the tents in the camping area and had a lot of power from their bus to bump it to high volume, overwhelming everybody else's scene with irritating electronica.

Assuming we come back to SNWMF in the future (not a given), we won't stay on site anymore if the sound system rules aren't going to be enforced.
Re: Maximum disrespect to the black bus
June 21, 2016 08:25PM
Usually it is only Sunday night that the sound systems will blast like that. I enjoy the busses on Sunday because because their is no late night DJ that night but I don't remember one year that SNWMF did not take good care of this issue on Friday and Saturday nights.

Just my two cents, I have not been to the festival for two summers now sadly
June 21, 2016 09:23PM
I think you might not have enjoyed this so much. It wasn't reggae or dancehall they were playing.
June 21, 2016 09:58PM
At my camp there was about three cars all with sound systems competing.. all weekend.. one of them, decided to wake up at 9am on Saturday and turn on the music and start huffing Nitros (NOS) whatever for the next 5 hours... every time you heard the balloon fill up the music would get louder. The guys behind us never even went in... they just drank all weekend... Security was non existent.. not that I care about that, I feel it is the people attending that should have the respect.
June 21, 2016 11:47PM
yes, love your take and attitude on that rinsedriddims.

sounds exactly like why i stopped attending reggae on the river way back in the day, only i called it "the barfer bus" (may have been harder drugs too).

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
June 22, 2016 12:34AM
This is exactly why I stay at Anderson Valley Brewery and bike in. Takes 5 minutes. Crappy sound systems ruin me.
June 22, 2016 08:12PM
Here, here! This is why I stopped camping onsite in 2007. AVB camping all the way now!
June 28, 2016 06:06PM
sorry langcow, that really sucks. I hate hearing techno or other crappy music at a reggae festival. Black bus you suck
June 28, 2016 06:13PM
I have to say the protoje remix they played monday morning might have been the worst dubstep remix ive ever heard and that really is saying a lot!
June 29, 2016 08:25PM
AVB is just the obvious choice to me. Why would you pay all that loot just to not be able to sleep and listen to other peoples EDM if that is not what you desire? Maybe I am just old but it seems like a no brainer to me... I don't even bike it and it takes 10 minutes.. plenty of shade, space, food, beverage... like I said, no brainer
June 29, 2016 09:01PM
This is all very interesting to me.... I camped a few rows back from the bridge and didn't even really notice the bus until Sunday night and Monday morning. Sunday night they cut the music before midnight even tho people were crawling all over the bus trying to get them to turn it back on. Monday they played garbage, bottom line. I didn't notice them playing late (past 3am when the dance got done) at all thru the weekend? I thought the sound system thing was non existent this year in the camp ground and I have only missed 2 SNs in the last 17.
June 30, 2016 04:40PM
how come the "Noise at Night" (nan) contingent is not bellowing about how all you old farts should appreciate music playing all night
'cuz they (the NaNs) think the festival is about them like they do every year.

it's nice tho that some thing never change - like zero enforcement of the NaN rule. Thanks for that, festival "security".
June 30, 2016 11:31PM
were you not in attendance this year Mulligan?
July 01, 2016 12:06AM
that is correct but my comments and opinions about all night music and the yahoos who play it is relevant, since
every other year that I have went (since Marysville 2000 until 2 years ago) there has been (mostly) crappy music
playing all night even tho the "rules' state this is not allowed i fell i can intelligently comment on the nefarious
black bus. and usually the few people who complain about this get shouted down by the "the festival is about me"
crowd.
July 01, 2016 12:22AM
mulligan
that is correct but my comments and opinions about all night music and the yahoos who play it is relevant, since
every other year that I have went (since Marysville 2000 until 2 years ago) there has been (mostly) crappy music
playing all night even tho the "rules' state this is not allowed i fell i can intelligently comment on the nefarious
black bus. and usually the few people who complain about this get shouted down by the "the festival is about me"
crowd.

lol, intelligently
July 01, 2016 02:04AM
spliffp

lol spliffp

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2016 02:07AM by mulligan.
July 01, 2016 05:24PM
this year the rules were enforced... all of the people youre complaining about have been crying in their bong water about it since the fest... apparently most of that crowd left the phorum

Respect Same Way
July 01, 2016 06:47PM
langcow
. The black bus that blasted the camping area with horrible music all weekend (including Mon while we were packing up) ruined what was an otherwise good event this year. All our immediate neighbors were pissed off about it.
, overwhelming everybody else's scene with irritating electronica.

Assuming we come back to SNWMF in the future (not a given), we won't stay on site anymore if the sound system rules aren't going to be enforced.

RinsedRiddims
At my camp there was about three cars all with sound systems competing.. all weekend.. ..... Security was non existent.. .

tahoearmada
this year the rules were enforced...

Then again - maybe not.

btw - who do you mean "all the people youre complaining about"? the all nite noise squad or those who defend them?
July 02, 2016 11:38PM
there was no music in the campground after the dancehall fri&sat and there were no soundsystems sunday night after midnight... langcow is talking about while the dancehall was going on

...and yes i meant the all night noise squad, not their defenders

Respect Same Way
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login