Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dezarie Summer Tour dates

Posted by Africa al 
Dezarie Summer Tour dates
July 02, 2016 12:50PM
I see she is playing Harlows in Sac Aug 27th any other dates?
Re: Dezarie Summer Tour dates
July 02, 2016 06:32PM
Saturday 13 August 2016
Dezarie
Reggae SummerSplash 2016
WorldBeat Cultural Center, San Diego, CA, US
July 03, 2016 03:26AM
July 03, 2016 04:20PM
Wow...'architect of midnite'. Yowza, only jah know the struggle these two brothers face. I think we all wish they could find common ground. However, knowing what it's like to have conflict with family, it is hard to overcome.
July 05, 2016 12:57AM
Also, is that Ron saying that, or promoters trying to make it sound flashy?
July 05, 2016 01:10PM
I can guarantee you that the wording was not chosen by Ron....
July 05, 2016 02:25PM
for these shows is the Akae beka band backing Dez?

Giving thanks!
July 05, 2016 03:00PM
No, it will be Dezarie's backing band which includes Ron Benjamin and Jerry Simon (formerly of Midnite)..........
July 05, 2016 06:46PM
WOW sad to see the brothers not together and see how the word MIDNITE is now used to promote them.

I would do anything to see Dezarie and Ron together again. NWWRF was epic years ago
July 05, 2016 07:08PM
It doesn't really seem like as much of a big deal to me that Ron is called the "architect of Midnite" in the poster.. A lot of the most timeless Midnite albums were produced by Ron. Listening to the progression of the discog, It sounds better and better as Ron gets more freedom to make the sound how he heard it inside. That's not to negate Vaughn's equal if not greater contribution through his Lyrical magic... Just to say it seems pretty accurate to me to call Ron the "architect of Midnite".

From an advertising stand point, I don't see a problem with using the name Midnite in the right context from either Dezarie or Akae Beka camp. Not everyone knows the name Ron Benjamin, but still know the sound of that midnite bass the vibe they've witnessed at shows that is unmatched.. When people go see an Akae Beka show, they are going to a concert to witness material mostly originating from Midnite albums. Not everyone knows Akae Beka is Midnite minus ron yet...

Haha.. Woulda been a lot easier for the masses to discern it all if Midnite had just stayed together.

Rossta- I bet u stoked about that Akae Beka show in Bend!
July 06, 2016 05:57PM
Here are 2 more. This first one will take place in Trinidad (Port of Spain):

And Arcata:
July 06, 2016 07:29PM
Guess I'll be in Arcata on the 20th!
July 06, 2016 08:48PM
Nice! Been waiting for some kind of confirmation on that Arcata show. That poster is the first i've seen of it. So grateful for a local Dezarie show!! Blessed
July 07, 2016 10:01PM
Rootsthroughthesidewalks!

You just made my day! I have not gone on Akae Beka's site for a bit and was working on getting time off to see the Williams, OR show and then saw your comment. I went to the Akae Beka site very quickly! It is even on a Sunday! I will get that venue packed, even if I have to buy the tickets for my buddies to go. SO EXCITED! Thank you good sir for bringing it to my attention.
July 08, 2016 03:33AM
Yes I. Stoked for ya! You been asking for it... You got it! I'll most likely be at the Williams show.. Sounds too irie to miss.
July 08, 2016 03:32PM
And that is my problem Rootsthroghthesidewalks, If I go Sunday, it is hard for me to justify using my last vacation day of the year to see the show in Williams, OR. But Tippy will be there with an opening set and will not be at the Bend show and how can you pass up those vibes at the Williams, OR show? I liked the old me better where I had no responsabillities and no commitments but reggae, times change and things did change for me, used to be a time where 3-4 Midnite shows was the norm in one year if not more. I have not seen them now since NWWRF 2014. Sad sad sad
July 11, 2016 03:59PM
Here's the flyer for the Sacramento date:

And an updated Trini flyer showing the venue and supporting artists:

July 12, 2016 10:39PM
Nice! give thanks Daniel! let me know if you're coming through to Sac!
July 12, 2016 11:59PM
Wow, does it feel good to have a ticket for Dezarie in Sacramento in my digital wallet. It's been six years for me, way, way too long. I'm hoping there will be other shows or i'm gonna have to make the trek to Arcata....

Love that reggae!
August 03, 2016 02:19PM
Dezarie will be at Moe's Alley in Santa Cruz - 8/17/2016

We got our tix....
August 04, 2016 12:04AM
Anyone know whether Ron Benjamin will be at moes with her? Looking forward to it...
August 04, 2016 12:12AM
no doubt, sense. unfortunately, i cannot make that show. painful.

Love that reggae!
August 10, 2016 05:08AM
Blessings Idrens, do ya know what the first song is titled?

Dez, Ron & Band going in!

[url=

][/url]

Giving thanks!
August 11, 2016 03:46PM
Looks like she added a date at the new parish in Oakland...smiling smiley
Thursday the 18th

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2016 03:47PM by gabertron.
August 12, 2016 04:33PM
Dezarie's California Summer 2016 Tour kicks off in San Diego tomorrow. Here's the complete schedule. Regrettably, I have other obligations that will only allow me to make the Santa Cruz, Oakland and Arcata dates, but hope to see some of you there.....

August 13, 2016 07:48PM
i can only make the sacramento show. rrrrrrr.

Love that reggae!
August 17, 2016 03:16PM
It is with great regret that I must inform ones and ones that Dezarie's California 2016 tour has been canceled in its entirety....

August 17, 2016 03:29PM
Thats rough! Any idea of the reason?
August 17, 2016 05:34PM
What happened? I was soooo looking forward to this!
August 17, 2016 07:24PM
Arrgh...maybe I will be able to catch more next time anyway.....

Love that reggae!
August 17, 2016 08:58PM
i hope everyone in the band and their families back home are healthy and wasn't the reason for the cancellation of the tour.
August 18, 2016 12:29AM
Daniel
It is with great regret that I must inform ones and ones that Dezarie's California 2016 tour has been canceled in its entirety....

This photo was on the World Beat Center's facebook page along with this caption: "Due to events that have caused disrespect to Dezarie and management, she will not be touring in North America again. We're praying and in constant touch with management for her to continue her engagements.
Thank you all for being so patient and having love and respect for another Queen in Reggae music."
I was asked to play in the opening band...
August 18, 2016 01:21AM
That's fairly upsetting.

Love that reggae!
August 18, 2016 02:33AM
Daniel what is going on?

I am a huge Dezarie, Ron Benjamin, VI Reggae supporter, wow!

I joked with Sensi today that she is changing her name and getting a new band.

All jokes aside, I want Dezarie to be at her best and am so curious about whats happening.

Giving thanks!
August 18, 2016 02:51AM
Did she play on the 13th at World Beat?

Love that reggae!
August 18, 2016 03:07AM
It doesn't look like it. She may not even have made it to Cali.

This is more of a bummer than Ron leaving Midnite in some ways. Now we get no Dezarie or Ron whatsoever? Hopefully they come around but Fiya is Fiya.
August 18, 2016 03:22AM
plenty of reasons to detest the authorities here.

Love that reggae!
August 18, 2016 08:18AM
I have heard that she may have been subjected to a strip search upon arriving in Miami. If that were the case, I could see why she wants nothing to do with the US.
August 18, 2016 11:44AM
I figured it was something like that. Fear mongers ruining life. What a country!

Love that reggae!
August 18, 2016 04:29PM
Stamina!
I have heard that she may have been subjected to a strip search upon arriving in Miami. If that were the case, I could see why she wants nothing to do with the US.

I heard that as well.. Pretty crazy if true. Sounds like a legit story to me but ya never know. Dezarie is one of those musical artists that I've always known and trusted to bring a spiritually uplifting, healing experience through her live sets. A lot of people can sing the right words, very few can invoke the Divine Potency behind those words in the music forum, Reggae or not. There's no telling how much of a positive effect on how many people she could have had through this little west coast tour. It blows my mind a little bit that one decision by a couple airport security people could change the fate of the whole thing.

Those of us who are looking around right now can see that this country is moving in to another phase... Some (if not many) talk about jumping ship and finding a place to live where the fiya won't be so hot. I can overstand this sentiment... The way I see it though, this is the time where we need the prayerful and uplifting works to grace these lands the most! I've never been one to abandon ship and leave others to drown.. Would rather work on patching the leaks and see us all make it to safety. Anyway, a bit of a tangent yes, but think how it would be if all the uplifters, the musical seers, and others who come here to help just turned around and abandoned the United States because politically it's (fill in the blank). There's a lot of good souls in this country, regardless of the movements of the political bodies.
August 18, 2016 07:00PM
not sure why i piped in...carry on good folks!

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2016 07:04PM by mosquito killer.
August 18, 2016 07:27PM
Nice post Roots. Yes, if true (and I believe it probably is), then that is very sad. More and more it appears that we Americans are now on our own, and can't turn to more spiritual folks from abroad to teach us lessons. Those of us that have listened and paid attention to the message of reggae over the years must now apply those lessons and "walk the talk" to spread the teachings throughout the land. It's up to us now, no one else to turn to if we want true change. BE the change! Bless.
August 18, 2016 08:06PM
mosquito killer
not sure why i piped in...carry on good folks!

m.

sucks you didnt leave your post.. i always enjoy reading through the various perspectives on this board.
August 18, 2016 08:12PM
Stamina!

which begs the question.. if the US is 'the great babylon' then why is travel here cherished by all these west indian artists ?
it would seem followers of marcus garvey would seek more travels in the homeland than in 'babylon'

in many a reggae tune you will hear 'africa is home', 'repatriation is a must', etc etc.

yet these same artists seek 'babylonian' visas. whether in the US or Europe.
whats more many look to live in these places... why not live in africa ? why move or visit a place
that is clearly the home of 'pharoah'

lets discuss..
August 18, 2016 08:39PM
bigvein
Stamina!

which begs the question.. if the US is 'the great babylon' then why is travel here cherished by all these west indian artists ?
it would seem followers of marcus garvey would seek more travels in the homeland than in 'babylon'

in many a reggae tune you will hear 'africa is home', 'repatriation is a must', etc etc.

whats more many look to live in these places... why not live in africa ? why move or visit a place

lets discuss..

A couple things on this...

There were Pharaohs in Kemet who were riteous and pure, then there were the usurpers of later generations who stole the teaching of the mystery schools to utilize magic to control the people... So I n I and nuff Rasta would say the term "Pharaoh" as a term to describe the downpresser is a historical distortion, and almost playing directly in to the down pressers hand. They don't want us to remember the divinity of the civilization of Kemet before getting usurped by wicked beings... Same bloodlines running things today... It's a big tangled web so we must be careful what beliefs and terminologies we take on.

As far as the US being "the great babylon"... well first of all I don't feel no way about using the word Babylon as a symbolic word to describe a condition of society. Anyway, it's definitely not limited to the United States. The whole planet is feeling the pressure right now... Including Africa. I see no place to go on Earth where one could fully escape the effects of these global issues. For example, If or when WWIII really pops off, nuff nukes to shake of the whole place no matter where you're at... And that's just on the more tangible, physical side of things.. This affliction, call it babylon if you will, is global, and it's a serious ting. So why not go all over in the spirit of prayer and healing? A few young artists are starting to do nice sized tours through Africa, which is wonderful to see. I just don't agree with abandoning the US because it's the heart of babylon. It would take too long to fully explain why i feel that way.

Reggaebe- I feel ya. It's always been that time but now more than ever. I'm working on that on a personal level locally, producing some music with depth and learning what elements are necessary to invoke the spirit of prayer consistently through music.. It's not easy, and so much respect to those who do it effectively. But yeah, instead of sitting around complaining about how cali roots music doesn't have the vibes or depth I love in reggae, I'm just putting all my energy in to trying to produce a project that breaks that pattern. We do need to stand up and keep the prayer of protection and upliftment continuing on our own momentum... It's also a special thing when we can have performers come through from JA and bring that style of Fiya that only JA can produce.
August 18, 2016 09:54PM
bigvein
Stamina!

lets discuss..

Some, for the monetary benefits, although imho Europe and Brazil, for a couple of examples, are more willing to host (and pay for) reggae than the US. For others, perhaps the same reason written in the Christian Bible that Jesus preached to harlots and publicans? And there's a long list of Jamaican artists who have performed in Africa, some regularly.
August 19, 2016 12:04AM
all this about the customs or TSA or whatever is alleged is jus hearsay. anyone have anything concrete on that allegation?
i have my reasons to very seriously doubt this is why, or even a part a why, this tour was canceled.

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
August 19, 2016 01:07AM
Ras Danny
all this about the customs or TSA or whatever is alleged is jus hearsay. anyone have anything concrete on that allegation?
i have my reasons to very seriously doubt this is why, or even a part a why, this tour was canceled.

And as far as I know, she lives in the U.S.
August 19, 2016 04:07AM
aaron_g
Ras Danny

Isn't she a u.s. citizen? From the us virgin islands?
August 19, 2016 04:33AM
yellowberry
aaron_g
Ras Danny

lemme rephrase dat... talk about a "strip search in Miami"... seems to be just hearsay.

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
August 19, 2016 06:23AM
yellowberry
aaron_g
Ras Danny

Last I heard, she was based in Atlanta.
August 19, 2016 07:18AM
Ras Danny

Yes it is, that's why I said it's what I heard, not what happened. Someone asked if anyone had heard anything about it and I answered with what I had heard. Hopefully, people will soon find out the real situation.
August 19, 2016 03:41PM
i just find it ironic that all these afro-centric artists romanticize africa, but spend 90% of their time in the west.
its also ironic how these same afro-centrists burn out the west, but sit in the air conditioned comforts of a 4000 sq ft home
in the atlanta suburbs.
return to africa? they dare not.. its too frreakn hot and there is no reliable/consistent infrastructure to maintain a level of western comforts.

this is why marcus garvey is the only true role model. he walked the walked. he said, for the black nation to have a good chance
at it, it must help itself first.

1. repatriate to africa
2. industrialize
3. modernize
4. return to the world stage and re-negotiate the terms of your international relationships

all this other rasta rhetoric and posturing is for the birds.. no where in all this big bag of mamma-africa speech do you find these
guys building up africa. soon the whole of africa will be a chinese colony.. once that happens, long gone will be the western concepts of altruism, generosity, and volunteerism. mao will be their conqueror, and that man wears a BIG HEAVY boot.
August 19, 2016 04:47PM
BV:

So, did Marcus live in Africa? Answer = NO.
Big Up Marcus, but why negate the movement? Also, "only true role model"? Come on man.
Rastafari, Haile Selassie I

Bless
August 19, 2016 04:51PM
IYah_Trod
BV:

So, did Marcus live in Africa? Answer = NO.
Big Up Marcus, but why negate the movement? Also, "only true role model"? Come on man.
Rastafari, Haile Selassie I

Bless

You forget, 100% of his efforts were focused on repatriation. See Black Star Liner..
August 19, 2016 05:10PM
Of course I didn't forget. But there is more to it than that, the body is made of many parts and we have to deal with all things, mind, body, soul. Things tangible, things less tangible, not to mention the concept of "mental repatriation" first.

edited for spelling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2016 05:11PM by IYah_Trod.
August 19, 2016 05:13PM
BV: as a man that sites Marcus Garvey as the only true role model, do you reside in the USA or Africa?
August 19, 2016 05:38PM
aaron_g
yellowberry
aaron_g
Ras Danny

Just because someone is a US citizen doesn't mean that TSA or Homeland Security can't f*** with them for any (or no) reason.
August 19, 2016 05:53PM
I would consider Marcus Garvey a modern day Moses.
He petitioned pharaoh, pharaoh would not come to any understanding.
As a result Mr Garvey went out about his people in an attempt to unite their minds.
He then went out to part the red sea(black star liner) with the intention of leading his people back to
their promised land.

Like Moses of ancient days, Marcus Garvey's own people sought to usurp his life calling of leadership.. Even his life.
Also like Moses, Marcus Garvey's transition into the next world is still very unknown. Speculative at best.
August 19, 2016 06:48PM
IYah_Trod
BV: as a man that sites Marcus Garvey as the only true role model, do you reside in the USA or Africa?

in terms of afro-centric/pan-african ideology, garvey is the only one who walked what he preached.
all others just spout their drivel as a form of mental circle jerging.
i stand with garvey because i see the only way to heal the black nation is to:

1. unify
2. industrialize
3. modernize
4. recognize your glorious heritage. stop being a victim and be the conqueror
5. no other nation is responsible for your well being other than yourself
6. stop being a consumer and produce
(which is the standard all other nations apply to themselves)

that said.
i am neither afrocentric or pan-africanist. so that standard of living in africa doesnt apply to me.
i am not the one saying 'hello momma africa' or 'repatriation is a must'
maybe at one point in my life that was my energy, but these days not so much.

i actually love living in the west. i love the comforts afforded to me as a result of the western mind and western philosophy.
of course there are kinks here and there, but for the most part there are legal remedies one can take to help their situation.

i find it funny when i hear some of these local guys running off about white man this, white man that.. then complain about how hot it is, and jump into their air conditioned mercedes benz.. more times than not paid for through some type of disability claim con job.
August 19, 2016 06:56PM
As far as her career, Dezarie can do quite well without ever setting foot in the U.S. She is so popular down in south America, Brazil in particular I'm sure she could tour down there the rest of her life. My vids of her get so many views down there, they dwarf the US. Reunion Island, off the coast of Madagascar, loves Dez videos also. I wonder if I will ever see her again around here.

Love that reggae!
August 19, 2016 08:33PM
Stamina!
aaron_g
yellowberry
aaron_g
Ras Danny

Just because someone is a US citizen doesn't mean that TSA or Homeland Security can't f*** with them for any (or no) reason.

No doubt Uncle Herbie
August 19, 2016 08:37PM
As many of you know, I live in Guam, which is a US territory located in the Pacific Ocean.

The situation here is similar to the USVI (St Croix, St Thomas and St John), where I also lived at one point in my life.

In both places, when we travel, once we enter the US mainland, we have to go through US Customs.

I've been strip searched and harassed more times than I care to remember, when entering Guam. It's one of the reasons I HATE to travel from here.....it is a real pain returning home and dealing with those idiots.

Not saying this is what happened to Dezarie. But traveling from St Croix does not negate the possibility that she may have had a negative experience when entering the mainland.
August 19, 2016 09:15PM
nomotrouble
As far as her career, Dezarie can do quite well without ever setting foot in the U.S. She is so popular down in south America, Brazil in particular I'm sure she could tour down there the rest of her life. My vids of her get so many views down there, they dwarf the US. Reunion Island, off the coast of Madagascar, loves Dez videos also. I wonder if I will ever see her again around here.

She will probably have to double or triple her bookings to meet the same US based income levels

However, she wins on principle if she stands firm in her protest.

In the end it all comes down to what principles you uphold.. Not how much of cesar's property one accumulates
August 20, 2016 01:20AM
For sure, bigvein.

Love that reggae!
August 20, 2016 05:53PM
I get it BV, and there is plenty of truth that ones can relate to in your statements. However, I just think "the only one" comment regarding Marcus Garvey overlooks others, Haile Selassie I and Malik Shabazz for instance. Marcus Garvey did however, "mobilize more" African descendant people in the diaspora than anyone else in history up to that time.

Its clear that the I has reached a level of self identity and have reached a particular point in ones own journey. But now that one is where they are, it might be judgmental to observe and criticize ones for where they are in their journey and process.

Jah Bless

August 20, 2016 05:55PM
all a ya have fallen short of the Glory of the Iyah1 ... all a ya are like sheep who have forgotten the voice of the shepherd .. to them who overcome will find everling life ... try hard sisters & brothers ... the race is not to the swift but to them who endure to the new beginnings

refine your radar ... many will come with deluded & ginnel (fraud) agendas & preaching false duality ... Don't take sides - take the front

"What if i told you the right-wing and the left-wing belong to the same bird"

All are 1 family of the 4 directions - the red, the white, the black & the yellow/tan - all children of the same Grandmother/Grandfather ... listen not the superficial race division fraud

avoid 'tellers & sellers - embrace givers & livers'

be of Good Cheer = positivity
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login