Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Who Is Nicky Silk?

Posted by yellowberry 
Who Is Nicky Silk?
August 01, 2016 02:26AM
In an interview Nicky Silk says he is related to Garnett (Silk) but he didn't elaborate, and when I search for the information it makes no mention of a relation between the two. I tried to post a Nicky Silk video here but apparently I don't know how to do that confused smiley Anyways, any info would be highly appreciated...thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/01/2016 02:27AM by yellowberry.
Re: Who Is Nicky Silk?
August 01, 2016 03:09AM
i watched him do straight garnett songs on sumfest stream
don't know anything about him

August 01, 2016 03:12AM
August 01, 2016 08:13PM
If i remember correctly, Nicky is the cousin and Aaron is the brother.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
August 01, 2016 09:32PM
From his FB page

"Living in an environment with so much memories of Bob, gave the then “Baby Silk” a name he gave himself, the inspiration to advance his ambitions. His grandaunt enrolled him at Boys Town Comprehensive School. There, he did not progress academically; however, music was always his dream.

At age 22 he returned to Charles Town, St. Mary, disappointed as he was constantly being rejected by record producers. Upon his return, he approached Courtney Cole of Roof International Records, Chuck’s Plaza, Ocho Rios, St. Ann. He started appearing on Roof Talent Shows sponsored by Courtney Cole. Baby Silk became a constant winner, and met an artist by the name “Bimbo” who had just arrived on the scene. Their close association led them both to a name change. Baby Silk grew up and became Nicky Silk (silk as in smooth) and Bimbo adopted the silkiness and became Garnett Silk."

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
AJ
August 03, 2016 06:16PM
HiGrade1
If i remember correctly, Nicky is the cousin and Aaron is the brother.

Omar Silk is another brother of Garnett Silk. Omar Silk was @ SNWMF 2005 with the Fifth Element Crew.

I saw Nicky Silk in Negril JA Nov. 2005. I had never heard of him before and was impressed with his short set. He held his own with the likes of Marcia, John Holt, Beres, Little Hero and others.

Aaron Silk...........love his VP release "Bless I Oh Jah."

IMO........Any or all....Nicky, Omar & Aaron would be a nice addition to SNWMF. Maybe a tribute to Garnett.

Cheers
AJ
August 04, 2016 08:32PM
August 10, 2016 09:32PM
omar and aaron are garnets brothers, nicky is their cousin... that stuff on his fb page is a funny story

Respect Same Way
August 10, 2016 11:50PM
I would Love to see Aaron and Garnet Jr. at SNWMF. Omar has already played there in the Angel Camp days along with the 5th Element crew, and I can say from personal experience (1st show I ever put on) that he is not that easy to work with. He has a voice like his brother but lacks the integrity and true essence of Rastafari that Garnet so strongly radiated!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login