- Luciano
- Sister Carol
- Native Roots
- Dread Daze
- Maka & the I-Sight Band
- Special Guest MC's

$25 dollar - don't ya holler

Plenty know of Luciano & Sistah Carol so here's a couple of Native Roots

and tho he's not on this bill ... here's Casper from Hopiland - the Original Landlord - who graced the SNWMF stage in 97 & 07?

& FYI ... Indian Country has always been one of the biggest supporter of roots reggae ... to this day many a home across Indian Country still got up their Bob Marley poster ... hint SNWMF

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2016 09:12PM by Peacemakeya.
Re: Rez Roots Fest - Hopiland
August 18, 2016 09:23PM

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
August 18, 2016 09:32PM
Peacemakeya -- RASpects.

Do not sleep on Native Roots. Fortunately, here in Santa Fe, First People culture is strong and I have been fortunate enough to see Native Roots at various events. The are great -- they played at "Rezfest" 2016, held August 7th in Albuquerque. Of course they killed.

They need to play for the SNWMF 2017 crowd.

And how about Grammy-award winning artist Robert Mirabal from Taos Pueblo:

Time to bless SNWMF with some First People (insert your preferred term for Native People here) ________ music.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 08/19/2016 07:54AM by Walter.
August 18, 2016 10:29PM
Not sure why the different info between the RezRoots site & the flyer you post Ras Danny ... guess it will come clear

Walter say
First People culture is strong

true but want to point out that Indians who remember the original 'Medicine Wheel' teaching don't use the 'First Nations' terminology ... they say that is PC because no one is first ... we are all children of the same Grandmother/Grandfather & all are equally blessed & loved ... the Medicine Wheel got knocked out of balance and the races got separated on this planet because some of our ancestors, who were supposed to know better, got deceived by celestial juvenile delinquents and abused the gift of free will - they broke the plan and the races got temporarily separated ... When the races come together again in ceremony - that will be the sign of the age of coherent beauty to come

the conscious 1's of the Red race prefer to use the name of their traditional home nation
August 18, 2016 11:58PM
yes i, Tohono O'odham People dem! very familiar with Skheme, John Williams and crew... i was imprisoned with some youth from Tohono O'odham People that clued mi to Native Roots back inna late 90's just before release... and we connected when the band visited Potland a few years after my release to play a Salmon Festival on the Waterfront here.... good vibes, great folks.

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
August 19, 2016 03:13AM
All my relations!

I hope to be there, as one said "the Hopi Elders are the vatican of north america"

Giving thanks!
August 24, 2016 07:27PM
Luciano at Hopiland should be EPIC. ROOTS VIBES, I saw Israel Vib and Burning spear out there, serious ting. If anybody has a good contact out there, trying to track down a bro out there from way back, PM please, Give Thanks
August 25, 2016 06:43PM
curious... why do "Indians" refer to themselves according to the categories of the conqueror ?

it would seem more fitting that 'indian' nations force others to refer to them in their native tongue.

i feel that such labeling keeps one in mental slavery.

word sound have power right ?

then why use a word sound forced upon you by the "conqueror?"

i feel their identity is lost when "indians" identify themselves with a word that doesnt match their genetic/DNA frequency.

meaning, original 'tribe' names actually have spiritual connections. connections that link those on this realm with those on the other side. a family name if you will.. 'indians' just doesnt call upon the power of the ancestors.. its a word whose frequency just drops to the ground when directed to those whose DNA expects to be called by a different name.
August 25, 2016 09:22PM
You're getting predictable Bigvein. Maybe they think we are all one big tribe and that dividing by color or creed lessens all of us.

Love that reggae!
August 25, 2016 10:16PM
i can see that.. but why not use a term that is common among the 'first people'
why use a term that was given to you by the 'pilgrim?'

by using the term 'indian' it forms in oneself a mentality that you are inferior.. you are stripped of your original name and now bound to a name given to you by the 'master'

see toby vs kunta kinte

then again, even in the kunta kinte situation they using a european construct. the whole first name last name business.
so how is kunta kinte even an african thing when a european concept of firstname, lastname is being used.

folks are really thinking they are being culturally unqiue, when everything they say and do is based on european ideals and concepts.

if these cultural purists were real they would use practices, names, philiosophies that originate with them. not
some hybrid of the original combined with the western..
August 26, 2016 02:10AM
Hopi's don't use the term " Indians " they say Hopi or Natives. Go there and spend time and then comment please
August 26, 2016 12:00PM
John Blaze
Hopi's don't use the term " Indians " they say Hopi or Natives. Go there and spend time and then comment please

Well I am glad to hear this, but my point remains..

What the 'one tribe' folks like Nomo fail to see is that the identity of the 'natives' is lost with this generic and totally incorrect labeling. "Indians"
Columbus was confused to his whereabouts, etc, etc. So when he called the 'western' natives 'indians' that labeling was accompanied with the spirit and energy of confusion. So why continue calling someone a name that is partnered with a confused energy? By calling western so-called natives 'indians' you actually and unknowingly continue to cast a curse of confusion onto the 'native' people.

So Nomo, how about if we start grouping all middle eastern people as Abraham-ites. We are all one people right ? You would DEFINITELY feel a way. You would stand up and say 'I am a son of Judah, and that is my identity. My birthright. My inheritance'
I would respond, "stop being so tribalist."
August 26, 2016 12:37PM
probably one of the worst euro classifications is "asians"
covering people so far apart & different.
a
August 26, 2016 01:53PM
Ras_Adam
probably one of the worst euro classifications is "asians"
covering people so far apart & different.
a

right, the definition of asian differs between countries as well.
in the US, asian usually means, china, japan, korea, vietnam, etc.
while in the EU, Asia has a broader definition. the above, plus india, and some other middle eastern countries.

but let me clarify..

my argument isnt pointed at the europeans nor am i coming from an anti-european position.
i am really speaking to melanated peoples.
i notice more and more that everyone is positioning to separate themselves into a unique group. establishing an identity.
however, the names/concepts they are using spring from european classifications.
you already lose your identity and your culture by standing on a name or concept that is european devised.

how is it that melenated peoples have had a 10000 yr head start on the supposed 'cave man' and all it takes is 400 years of european dominance that whole cultures and identities are completely lost? so lost to a point, that these people have to use european names, not original names.

what happened to melenated peoples blueprint? why cant melenated peoples look back to a blueprint that should have been passed down through oral and written history..

case in poiint. africa for africans is in error as well... why call your self an 'african' when the whole concept of continent and even the name 'africa' comes from europeans? what did the 'african' natives call their piece of land they stood on? the blueprint should still be found amongst the people who never suffered through bondage or forced relocation.
August 28, 2016 06:58PM
Peace!, icharlie back in the circle!! Left Lethbridge for TX and now Jah blows I to Santa Fe...Walter, InI will haffi link!

Peace and ic never link at Alberta ceremony, let's plan a AZ or NM link!

ic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login