Re: attn reggaefan
September 30, 2016 03:16PM
don't do it, rfj, DON'T DO IT!!!

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
October 01, 2016 12:26AM
real deal...this one a "live" fire farm session.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
October 03, 2016 02:16PM
Silent Bob should have sung the first track. The band is beyond help.
October 03, 2016 03:15PM
blazeiyah really knows reggaefan's taste when it comes to reggae music.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
October 06, 2016 07:49AM
it seems the chaff revealeath the the wheat, heavy selection mk give thanks for the sounds*
October 06, 2016 04:44PM
there's a HUGE, bigly even, market for this california ,sweet-and-dandy, 'reggae' music.
these calabassas types cant relate to lyrics based on black liberation, black sufferation,
spanish town rocking, dreadlocks in tenament yard, etc.. but they can relate to having an
innocent crush on the neighborhood girl down the block. they can relate to gatherings at the local
beach.. they can relate to 'da kine' and all that extra stuff the calabassas crowd is into these days.

its a harsh reality, the reggae music that we grew up on is now a novelty. reggae music is becoming a music originally created by jeff spicoli. reggae music is losing it's identity. much like rock music was "created" by the beatles, so will reggae music be known as a music originally created by orange county teenagers. FACTS!

dont believe me? look at ska... no one even knows the name desmond decker. to the average malibu high school teenager, ska is a music created from the minds of orange county surfers circa 1996. FACTS!
October 10, 2016 03:42PM
Truth here!

bigvein
there's a HUGE, bigly even, market for this california ,sweet-and-dandy, 'reggae' music.
these calabassas types cant relate to lyrics based on black liberation, black sufferation,
spanish town rocking, dreadlocks in tenament yard, etc.. but they can relate to having an
innocent crush on the neighborhood girl down the block. they can relate to gatherings at the local
beach.. they can relate to 'da kine' and all that extra stuff the calabassas crowd is into these days.

its a harsh reality, the reggae music that we grew up on is now a novelty. reggae music is becoming a music originally created by jeff spicoli. reggae music is losing it's identity. much like rock music was "created" by the beatles, so will reggae music be known as a music originally created by orange county teenagers. FACTS!

dont believe me? look at ska... no one even knows the name desmond decker. to the average malibu high school teenager, ska is a music created from the minds of orange county surfers circa 1996. FACTS!
October 10, 2016 07:32PM
bigvein
....but they can relate to having an innocent crush on the neighborhood girl down the block. they can relate to gatherings at the local
beach.. they can relate to 'da kine' and all that extra stuff ....

Reminds me of Jawaiian music... It works for some, but is entirely too cheesy for most reggae heads.

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
October 10, 2016 08:28PM
HiGrade1
bigvein
....but they can relate to having an innocent crush on the neighborhood girl down the block. they can relate to gatherings at the local
beach.. they can relate to 'da kine' and all that extra stuff ....

Reminds me of Jawaiian music... It works for some, but is entirely too cheesy for most reggae heads.

yeah.. poly reggae is a different thing all together.. if you are accustomed to that hard heavy JA beat coupled with fiya lyrics then you may find poly reggae to be somewhat lacking.
these days i am not so fiery, so i can relax a bit and enjoy someone like a 'sammie j' or maybe 'fiji'
i like j boog as well, but his mumble-through-faux-patois kinda gets tiring.. however sammie j is someone i can
listen to on repeat.. even though he re-uses the same musical/vocal/harmony formula. meaning, you can tell his harmonies and background vocals are influenced by what one would hear on a sunday morning polynesian church service. seeing as he is from new zealand of maori heritage, then that makes sense.

another thing with poly reggae is that the beat accents/timing are different than the JA version.
the only thing similar is the skank, but the backends are accented differenltly.. which is why as a JA fan, you may find
poly reggae just doesnt sit too right..
October 10, 2016 11:53PM
I would think that The Specials, Madness, The English Beat, etc. would be seen as the originators of ska to the younger generation. 1996? A little too recent....

And what is "calabassus" types?
October 11, 2016 01:27AM
Reggabe
I would think that The Specials, Madness, The English Beat, etc. would be seen as the originators of ska to the younger generation. 1996? A little too recent....

And what is "calabassus" types?

Yeah.. You're probably right.. I was being a little over the top..

Calabasas is a city in Los Angeles County, California located in the hills west of the San Fernando Valley and in the northwest Santa Monica Mountains between Woodland Hills, Agoura Hills, West Hills, Hidden Hills, and Malibu, California. Wikipedia
October 12, 2016 01:21AM
"its a harsh reality, the reggae music that we grew up on is now a novelty. reggae music is becoming a music originally created by jeff spicoli. reggae music is losing it's identity. much like rock music was "created" by the beatles, so will reggae music be known as a music originally created by orange county teenagers. FACTS!"

True that, Call and response of the fields, minstrel, Blues, Jazz ("reefer negro music", Rock-n-Roll ("race music" ), Hip Hop, and now Reggae....

It is also true that music and art is fluent, but at least try to give credit where credit is due.

Peace

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2016 01:24AM by J_72.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login