Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tuff Lion

Posted by Ras_Adam 
Tuff Lion
November 04, 2016 12:14AM
Re: Tuff Lion
November 04, 2016 06:21AM
Beloved Family and Friends… It is with a very heavy heart that I share some life changing news with you… Yesterday, 11.01.16, I received a call from a relative to inform me that my house was on fire! I instinctively and immediately knew that the situation was serious as the residence is located in a rural area of Eastern Maryland and that the fire brigade would not be able to reach the house as quickly as a town based property. I was sent images of thick smoke coming through the upper level of the house with firefighters on scene. As I was not at the residence at the time of the fire, I felt a sinking feeling of loss as I knew the property was uninsured.

I was planning to return to my base within days of completing a physical therapy appointment for a very lengthy episode of back problems that included a visitation with “sciatica” in the mix.

The shock of it all has still not completely reached my inner core and will not disturb the meditations of faith that has carried Man through the hills and valleys that I-Man have experienced in my time on Earth. No doubt, there is something at work here that I may not yet real-eyez. I do know and believe that Jah has I close and spared life and health for a reason. Material things are manufactured each and every day so I am not too concerned about those losses, but I can share that my entire music library of many years is now lost forever… sessions upon sessions, master recordings and more. Studio recording gear was also lost to the flames. All things in my stationary material world suffered water, smoke and/or fire damage. Much of which, I hoped would be the inheritance I would leave for my youth.

Although I am and have been a very private person about elements of Man life, I share this with the universal family that I am a part of to say, I am officially “homeless.” Further, in an effort to help in this time of genuine and verifiable need I am thankful to Ones who have established this “Go Fund Me” campaign to help Man restore, recover and rebuild.
I share that this calendar year has brought many challenges in a manner that would tempt a weak heart to bawl out for mercy, but I have kept faith and focus on my Savior to deliver I from all such calamity. The total losses of the day are of no exception.

I am so comforted in knowing that as many read this, that prayers will be sent up that I may not even ask for and that I may receive an abundance of messages and reactions to my dilemma… Positively, I consider this an opportunity for many to show love by giving a humble offering. I am thanking all in advance who genuinely and sincerely care about Man as a person and a Brother.

~Tuff Lion (Russ Williams)

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
November 04, 2016 06:22AM
I love his record Ten Strings and he was really nice to me at a club. Gotta help him out.
November 04, 2016 10:38PM
Tuffy is the salt of the earth. i will see what i can do to help.

Love that reggae!
November 05, 2016 07:33AM
Nomo, and all else who care... We will be keeping a benefit show for him on Sat. Dec. 3rd in Bolinas, lovely lineup to be posted soon! Looking to maybe do more than one in some other places, so anyone who is interested in helping to make that happen, link me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2016 04:41AM by Daniel.
November 05, 2016 12:39PM
November when?

Love that reggae!
November 06, 2016 04:41AM
DECEMBER 3rd...
November 06, 2016 01:19PM
date saved.....

Love that reggae!
November 08, 2016 12:45PM
November 09, 2016 01:40AM
Thanks for fixing the month for me Daniel, when I posted was dealing with as serious kink in my neck and my head was a little foggy. After that was away from computer for a couple days. I will have flyer up inna couple days, in the meantime, check the vibes n be thankful!

November 11, 2016 06:34PM
Pass it on and be there if you can. Facebook Event page: Love Party Benefit
November 11, 2016 08:30PM
Question....

If I bought tickets to this event online but never used them (since I live in Guam), would the proceeds still go to Tuff Lion?

Jah Son
November 12, 2016 02:50AM
Jah Son you can donate directly to the man here
[www.gofundme.com]
November 12, 2016 07:08AM
Jahson (aka Tom from Guam right?), yes you can! That was one of the reasons we set it up (dont usually do presales) was so that ones could do that, and this way gofundme is not taking their percentage. That being said, give it a couple days, as a friend is doing it for us thru their brownpapertickets account, but has not put it up yet. Give thanks for all your love n support... ~ Maitreya Rose (we met at the merch table at SNWMF this year)
November 12, 2016 08:17PM
Ras_Adam
Jah Son you can donate directly to the man here
[www.gofundme.com]

Yep,,,been there, done that...thanks
November 12, 2016 08:21PM
Excellent. Although I have already donated via the gofundme campaign, there are others on Guam who would like to make a donation, and this amount is more within their capabilities

Thanks Maitreya Rose!

Jah Son aka "Tom from Guam"
November 16, 2016 08:09AM
Bless Jahson...... here is the link for the benefit tickets [loveparty.brownpapertickets.com]
November 17, 2016 06:39PM
If there are any promoters... who would like to help do any additional fundraisers for Tuffy, by Dec 16th (or late Jan/early Feb) Please contact me, we have the band and we have nuff artists ready to support it! Just need spaces/places and ones to promote in that area.
November 17, 2016 06:53PM
I will attend in support Bless
November 22, 2016 06:36AM
jahson
Excellent. Although I have already donated via the gofundme campaign, there are others on Guam who would like to make a donation, and this amount is more within their capabilities

Thanks Maitreya Rose!

Jah Son aka "Tom from Guam"

Would it make any difference if I purchased tickets for this event in the name of the Guam Massive, or should I donate to the GoFundMe campaign instead.

I've collected a little over $350 from the Guam Massive in the past few days, and expect more to come in in the next few days. Then I realized that by buying tickets, I would incur a service charge, so thought going the GoFundMe way might be more expedient.

Any thoughts, anyone?
November 22, 2016 04:23PM
my thoughts are that the guam massive are beautiful & generous people!
that's a very impressive amount of money, especially since i know many are some young folk.

love this tom!

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
November 22, 2016 06:01PM
Bless Tom and the whole Guam massive, Id say with that amount do it through the gofundme, that should bring it just bast a 1/4 of the way to his goal. and give thanks fi real!
November 22, 2016 09:06PM
Go fund me is great but they do take a cut. Personal checks are always nice. Ultimately it goes into the bank account of the organizer so a high level of trust is needed regardless.

More strength to the Ras.
November 22, 2016 09:32PM
Correct PapaJ, direct is best, but online sometimes simplifies. The gofundme is going straight to Tuffy's account
November 23, 2016 08:50AM
some added ideas. in facebook chat/messenger, one can send money using a debit/cred card... jus look for that circle wit the cash ($) icon in it... click on that... the recipient only needs to direct it to a personal account... there's also a free, useful phone app i use with my roommates to share quick 'cash' called "Square Cash" ...respect

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
November 25, 2016 11:21AM
So I've collected about $630 with a few more people that I need to touch base with. Will definitely go the GoFundMe route.

Guam loves Tuff Lion!!!!!

Jah Son
November 28, 2016 03:13AM
That is awesome Tom son of Jah smiling smiley
December 08, 2016 10:28AM
Have collected $843 so far from the Guam Massive. There are a couple concerts this weekend, so I may get a bit more, and will then take the GoFundMe route.

Jahson
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login