Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feb 10-12 One Love on Queen Mary

Posted by Ras_Adam 
Feb 10-12 One Love on Queen Mary
November 17, 2016 12:17AM
Re: Feb 10-12 One Love on Queen Mary
November 17, 2016 04:24PM
How do you have people like Chronixx, Protoje, Steel pulse, Don Carlos, and Israel vibration but headline Slightly Stupid, Rebelution and Dirty Heads? And, then you call it a reggae festival? It's a stretch to even call two of those headliners reggae.
November 17, 2016 04:26PM
In a world that confers upon Donald J Trump the title of Leader of the Free World, there is this reality... Steel Pulse opens for Dirty Heads.

My world is upside-down.
November 17, 2016 09:22PM
Where is this festival exactly? It can't be on the boat because the boat is not that big and it cant be on the lawn in front of the boat because its winter time. Is it at the Long Beach Convention and Entertainment Center; same place as the Bob Marley Festival used to be located?
November 17, 2016 09:26PM
I just called the Observatory in OC at 714-957-0600. They said it is an "outdoor" festival in front of the boat in the parking lot and lawn.

Its at Harry Bridges Memorial Park "near" the Queen Mary.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2016 09:47PM by westafari.
November 21, 2016 11:37PM
chronicom420
How do you have people like Chronixx, Protoje, Steel pulse, Don Carlos, and Israel vibration but headline Slightly Stupid, Rebelution and Dirty Heads? And, then you call it a reggae festival? It's a stretch to even call two of those headliners reggae.

I ask myself this on a daily basis in California... wtf

The venue is fun, seen many shows there, Shabba Ranks, Luciano, Culture, Alton Ellis, Ken Booth all memorable shows there.
November 22, 2016 08:14PM
Believe it's where the 'Old School Jam' used to be ,,

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
November 22, 2016 09:29PM
In a world that confers upon Donald J Trump the title of Leader of the Free World, there is this reality... Steel Pulse opens for Dirty Heads. My world is upside-down.
HAHA HA Walter!!!!!!!!!!!

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
February 06, 2017 05:28AM
February 06, 2017 10:23PM
I have said this many times.. the reason those bands headline is because not enough people will buy tickets and attend if they are not on the bill. They have to headline because of the amount of money you are going to pay them. Headlining is like going to the NBA All Star game. It is a popularity contest not a measure of who is more talented.
February 06, 2017 10:57PM
Ninja, I have never seen Reggae on the River headline these bands. They seem to sell plenty of ticketswinking smiley I know I know reggae on the river is pretty established and not in southern california, so not a fair comparison. You are probably right, but I find it a little disrespectful to artists like Steel Pulse, Don Carlos, & Izzy vibes since without them there would be no Rebelution, or Soja. Personally these artists headlining means I won't be attending.
February 06, 2017 11:04PM
chronicom420
Ninja, I have never seen Reggae on the River headline these bands. They seem to sell plenty of ticketswinking smiley I know I know reggae on the river is pretty established and not in southern california, so not a fair comparison. You are probably right, but I find it a little disrespectful to artists like Steel Pulse, Don Carlos, & Izzy vibes since without them there would be no Rebelution, or Soja. Personally these artists headlining means I won't be attending.

they must not feel any way about their slot position..
they agreed to the contract and accepted the deposit money; hence their name on the billing..

as fans, sometimes we get caught up in the whole ideology of the music.. equal, rights, justice, rah rah rah..
but at the end of the day, these guys are thankful to be touring the world, instead of being caught up in the day-to-day realities of the island

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 11:14PM by bigvein.
February 06, 2017 11:36PM
I don't think they care. Fans care.. artists want to get paid and play for a crowd. Like BV said many of them are touring so this is only one stop out of many. I know Chronixx is touring now on the left coast.
February 09, 2017 02:17AM
It's a Cali-Roots, but they can't call it that because someone trademarked that "word", with a latin classic rock band, and a hip-hop group thrown in for good measure. smoking smiley

~Highest Heightz Every Time~
February 14, 2017 08:47PM
I thought is was great! I attended Saturday as a guest and got to see Raging Fyah, Chronixx, Protoje, Don Carlos, and Israel Vibration. We stayed on the Queen Mary and I-vibes played the after party Saturday, so all in all, it was a great trip south. That was my first time seeing raging Fyah and Chronixx and I've been waiting three years for that! My highlight was linking with my bredren from Inna Vision and seeing Chronixx join Protoje onstage for Who Knows...BOOM!
February 14, 2017 09:10PM
Now that would be sweet seeing Chronixx and Protoje play Who Know. One of my all time favorite songs! Have seen them both do it by themselves but never together.
February 25, 2017 05:55AM
pix from Jan S.
[www.reggaeville.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login