Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Max Glazer Chronixx Dates

Posted by Ras_Adam 
Max Glazer Chronixx Dates
December 28, 2016 10:40PM
Max Glazer wrote:
I'm on tour with Chronixx throughout the U.S. in March and April. Link up for Federation Sound after parties and club gigs (DJ sets) when I am in your town. Get your tickets at chronixxmusic.com. Full dates below.

2nd March - New Haven, CT
3rd March - Boston, MA
4th March - New York, NY
6th March - OFF
7th March - Detroit, MI
8th March - OFF
9th March - Louiseville, KY
10th March - Columbus, OH
11th March - Chicago, IL
12th March - OFF
13th March - OFF
14th March - Lawrence, KS
15th March - Denver, CO
16th March - OFF
17th March - Seattle, WA
18th March - Vancouver, BC
19tth March - Portland, OR
20th March - OFF
21st March - Sacramento, CA
22nd March - OFF
23rd March - San Francisco, CA
24th March - Redway, CA
25th March - Santa Cruz, CA
26th March - Reno, NV
27th March - OFF
28th March - Fresno, CA
29th March - OFF
30th March - OFF
31st March - Santa Ana, CA
1st April - Los Angeles, CA
2nd April - San Diego, CA
3rd April - OFF
4th April - Tempe, AZ
5th April - Albuquerque, NM
6th April - OFF
7th April - Houston, TX
8th April - Dallas, TX
9th April - OFF
11th April - OFF
13th April - Ft.Lauderdale, FL
14th April - Jacksonville, FL
15th April - Atlanta, GA
16th April - Asheville, NC
17th April - OFF
18th April - Carrboro, NC
19th April - Norkfolk, VA
20th April - Silver Springs, MD
21st April - Philadelphia, PA
22nd April - OFF
24th April - OFF
25th April - OFF
26th April - Montreal, Quebec
27th April - London, Ontario
28th April - Toronto, Ontario
29th April - OFF
30th April - Huntington, NY
Re: Max Glazer Chronixx Dates
January 14, 2017 11:11PM
January 17, 2017 09:51PM
[netlivemedia.com]

Hope he's ok
January 17, 2017 11:00PM
[dancehallhiphop.com]

He's fine. That's fake news hopefully.
January 18, 2017 12:34PM

Jamar Chronixx McNaughton wrote:

Many people don't even know that my name is NOT 'Jamar Rolando McNaughton Jr.' Lol

I know many people will read this and then go back to their normals lives of believing everything that they see on their phone screens...still I will put the thought forward. I realise, just now, that most of us in the Jamaican music space still base our movements and beliefs around what random people say. By 'Random' I mean people who are extremely distant from our culture...so much that they HAVE to make things up to write a story...I'm talking about individuals who can't even write a story. Disorganizations from all over the world who post so much interviews and quotes involving artistes and musicians that they have never spoken to. We get our news from Men like these- Random bloggers who cant even write a headline with the right punctuation. I don't know where the accident story came from but I have an overstanding as to why my friends here in Jamaica catch on to it with such deep belief. It is because we are so used to misinformation and have been fed misleading stories from the highest levels of our media since emancipation...to the point that we are now unable to tell lie from truth. Almost every media disorganization in Jamaica is guilty of the misleading of the Jamaican people. I'm afraid to be interviewed by them because even then, after they talk with the artiste and record hours of themselves asking creative people very shallow questions, their main focus remains on the misleading of Jamaican people and that's counter progressive for any musician such as myself who's purpose is of the opposite polarity. Anyways lol mi Neva crash nor inna no accident lol. I don't own a bmw and I don't drive home from dub sessions. - Jamar McNaughton
January 18, 2017 02:23PM
That's crazy...why in the world would somebodyspend time making that up !
January 18, 2017 02:35PM
gabertron
That's crazy...why in the world would somebodyspend time making that up !

Clickbait. These sites get money from their advertisers every time someone clicks the link so they put out attention-grabbing nonsense to try to get the most clicks possible
January 18, 2017 05:36PM
That makes sense...there was a lot of adds on there..
Sorry for posting such garbage!
January 18, 2017 06:54PM
so which dates are Mr Williamz opening???

Respect Same Way
January 19, 2017 06:13AM
Not sure about Mr. Williams but for sure Jah9 is opening for Chronixx at the Mateel in Redway on 3/24.........
January 20, 2017 06:01AM
good to know
Ill be sure to avoid that one!
January 21, 2017 01:04AM
tahoearmada
good to know
Ill be sure to avoid that one!
Huh? Why?
January 21, 2017 03:12AM
Cuz he has never liked Jah9
January 21, 2017 05:41AM
Jah9 supports Chronixx on these dates...
14th March - Lawrence, KS
15th March - Denver, CO
16th March - OFF
17th March - Seattle, WA or SXSW
18th March - OFF
19tth March - Portland, OR
20th March - OFF
21st March - Sacramento, CA
22nd March - OFF
23rd March - San Francisco, CA
24th March - Redway, CA
25th March - Santa Cruz, CA
26th March - Reno, NV
27th March - OFF
28th March - Santa Barbara, CA
29th March - OFF
30th March - OFF
31st March - Santa Ana, CA
1st April - Los Angeles, CA

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
January 23, 2017 03:07PM
skipping a show because you don't like the opening band... hmmm
January 23, 2017 04:34PM
Ninja
skipping a show because you don't like the opening band... hmmm

January 26, 2017 05:59AM
why pay for something you dislike when you can pay the same (or less) for something you enjoy?

Respect Same Way
March 09, 2017 05:18AM
is mr williamz no longer a part of the tour?

Respect Same Way
March 09, 2017 07:23PM
tahoearmada
is mr williamz no longer a part of the tour?

When I checked last he was only scheduled for 1 or 2 dates. It's Chronixx/kelisa all dates with Jah 9 starting off tour then Jesse Royal finishing...Or something close to that.
March 10, 2017 03:55AM
yeah it looks like jesse royal and/or kelissa will be replacing him but I was told he might make some dates towards the end of the tour

Respect Same Way
March 12, 2017 04:20AM
oh my! Chronixx last night in Columbus Ohio!!! More than that...Jah9! She almost stole the show.....many here will be more than empressed! Jah 9 was so eloquent and so strong! Kelissa didn't do anything for I, but Jah 9 and Chronixx were so blessed to catch. Fortunate Jah blessed my travels to overlap with the King and the empress. No doubt if the idren here catch the Jah9 and Chronixx mix it will be a blessed evening. Strong I say...don't sleep! ic
March 12, 2017 04:40AM
who knows

March 12, 2017 04:30PM
jah9 seems to be coming into her own.

she was really impressive during our interview; in fact, we had a caller immediately phone in saying she was on the venue website and where could she buy tix (show was listed under chronixx, not jah9).

i came home after our show, had a beer & some herbs and sat and listened to her 9mm vol.2 in it's entirety. it's unbelievably powerful--the entire set. i encourage every one to check it. serious music.

i cannot wait to see her as well as chronixx in a week from now. but i anticipate her set as much, if not more than, chronixx's. it will be a great night for reggae music. hope to see my friends there!

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
March 12, 2017 07:19PM
Jah9, Chronixx and Mad Professor Remixes - 'I Selassie I Dub'

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
March 14, 2017 03:40AM
Federation Sound w/ Max Glazer in PDX for Chronixx after party.March 19th.. Big Respect to YT Small Axe for making it happen.
March 15, 2017 11:39AM
March 15, 2017 09:21PM
March 17, 2017 10:19PM
March 18, 2017 01:34PM
I'm in for the show at the Mateel.

Love that reggae!
March 20, 2017 11:06AM
March 20, 2017 03:29PM
last night was FIRE!! Big respect to Chronixx, Zinc Fence Band, Jah 9 (sounded phenomenal) Kelissa and the man call Max Glazer.. twas a pleasure
March 20, 2017 08:49PM
great night of music.

chronixx built those vibes till the place was jumping!

yes, i thought jah9 was fantastic. super powerful performer who will just get better, imo. her confidence is impressive and she sounded GREAT. i like chronixx well enough, but wish she had gotten a longer set, truth be told.

kelissa's not really my bag at all, but she has serious pipes, and after hearing negative feedback about her set, i was pleased to enjoy her strong voice.

it was good to sneak even just a peek of the one bun n cheese. sorry i missed you ninja!

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
March 21, 2017 11:08AM
Vancouver
March 21, 2017 03:17PM
wicked shot! props to the photographer who snagged that one.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
March 21, 2017 06:01PM
I went to both the Seattle and Vancouver shows...... Vibes were high at both. There were 1000 people at the Vancouver show. Reggae has been "revived" up here in the PNW.
March 21, 2017 06:08PM
I went to both the Seattle and Vancouver shows...... Vibes were high at both. There were 1000 people at the Vancouver show. Reggae has been "revived" up here in the PNW.
March 21, 2017 06:23PM
March 21, 2017 06:42PM
March 21, 2017 07:19PM
March 24, 2017 02:38AM

Max Glazer wrote:
My life is pretty cool, in general. Today is special. I just walked into @thefillmore in San Francisco and saw this poster for our #chronologytour hanging on the wall. If you zoom in real close, you can see my name alongside @chronixxmusic and @jah9online. We get to be a part of the great history of this building, alongside Carlos Santana, Jimi Hendrix, Miles Davis and so many more of the greatest musicians who have ever lived. Give thanks.
March 25, 2017 12:27PM

Jamar Chronixx McNaughton wrote:
Thank you San Francisco
March 25, 2017 08:38PM
Great show in S.F.! Chronixx is a very talented individual, and he's still growing as a performer. Can't wait to catch him again at SNWMF!
March 26, 2017 04:10PM
Show at the Mateel was off the hook also. Videos soon come.

Love that reggae!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2017 04:26PM by nomotrouble.
March 26, 2017 04:12PM
In the end i'm glad i saw Jah9 with Chronixx....the opening set was too short for me and if jesse had played that short i would have been well disappointed. i want to hear him play 'Finally' again!!

Love that reggae!
March 26, 2017 04:35PM
That was my first visit to the Mateel, and i'm really glad i went. Great place to see a show. Everyone was helpful, many thanks to Rob the sound engineer for the hookup, met Chronixx and Jah9's managers. In a rather comical fashion, while i was carrying my load of equipment up the little hill, a man in a wheelchair yells at me from the bottom, hey, can you help me up this hill? I started to say that my arms were full but that i'd come back, but he really quickly called me a _ucking a$$hole, and continued to yell at me as i walked up the hill. It was like a monty python act, with the legless guy yelling how he's going to kick you to death. i think he was living in one of those abandoned looking rv's parked on the highway. A little comic relief to start the day. If i could remember more monty python lines i would have had something to say back to him.

Love that reggae!
March 26, 2017 05:16PM
The Catalyst show was terrific, well attended and the best Chronnix set I've seen live. Jah 9 was good too, albeit a bit too short. Both of them are unique vocalists that either vibe with you or don't.

Gotta say that max glazer's early warm set was weak. So many great tunes dropped and stopped. I get what he was hyping, but a history lesson needs time to sink in and penetrate. Let a tune run for 30 seconds, man.

Great to see so many friends out, together. As it should be in these times.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2017 05:31PM by Jahsprey.
March 26, 2017 07:07PM
Here's a link to some photos of Chronixx and Jah 9 at the Mateel..............

[www.flickr.com]
March 27, 2017 01:43AM
Very nice pix Mama!
a
March 28, 2017 02:12AM
March 28, 2017 03:25AM
'Capture Land'

Love that reggae!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2017 03:29AM by nomotrouble.
March 28, 2017 02:20PM
ha! everyone burning out 'captcha land' but yet not realizing the very place they are smoking/dancing, is probably sitting on top
of ancient burial grounds.. definitely sitting on top of some form of 'captcha land'
thinking back to the late 90s... kinda reminds me of the time when all the smoked out alternative types were raising their hand in a druken stooper as
an artist called for burning out certain things.. then after the show, their jamaican friend is like 'you understand why all the jamaicans were raising their hands, right?' .. after they understood the full runnings, these alternative types were like 'oh crap.. i thought he was saying raise your hand if you like to burn bon fires at the beach'
back to the current day, when the 'captcha land' warriors come asking for the deed to their parents 5000sq-ft malibu beach house, because it sits on 'captcha land' then we will see if the smoking and dancing continues.. its all fun and games when its sounds good against a reggae back beat while under the influence of top rated bay area grades.. but not so much when these SJWs come knocking at your door seeking reparations and a pound of flesh..

nomotrouble
'Capture Land'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2017 02:42PM by bigvein.
March 28, 2017 02:41PM

everyone burning out 'captcha land' but yet not realizing the very place they are smoking/dancing, is probably sitting on top of ancient burial grounds..

March 28, 2017 02:50PM
i agree.. chronix should just get over it already...

Daniel

everyone burning out 'captcha land' but yet not realizing the very place they are smoking/dancing, is probably sitting on top of ancient burial grounds..

March 28, 2017 03:41PM
bigvein
ha! everyone burning out 'captcha land' but yet not realizing the very place they are smoking/dancing, is probably sitting on top
of ancient burial grounds.. definitely sitting on top of some form of 'captcha land'
thinking back to the late 90s... kinda reminds me of the time when all the smoked out alternative types were raising their hand in a druken stooper as
an artist called for burning out certain things.. then after the show, their jamaican friend is like 'you understand why all the jamaicans were raising their hands, right?' .. after they understood the full runnings, these alternative types were like 'oh crap.. i thought he was saying raise your hand if you like to burn bon fires at the beach'
back to the current day, when the 'captcha land' warriors come asking for the deed to their parents 5000sq-ft malibu beach house, because it sits on 'captcha land' then we will see if the smoking and dancing continues.. its all fun and games when its sounds good against a reggae back beat while under the influence of top rated bay area grades.. but not so much when these SJWs come knocking at your door seeking reparations and a pound of flesh..

nomotrouble
'Capture Land'

BV, sometimes you come off like you think everybody in the US has a trust fund and a malibu beach house to go home to.. I get your point, but you are vastly overgeneralizing. Also, you're making a huge jump to say that one can't acknowledge and disagree with the atrocities of colonialism in the west, unless they give everything that they've worked for their whole life to the victims of said atrocities. Most of the world is afflicted by the disease of colonialism at this point. The crimes against humanity are growing too many to list, and the possibility of one blanketing solution to bring balance is lessening. There are many people born in North America, with no Native American blood, who can recognize that this land was stolen from those Natives. Same way, there are many people all over the world, who are not the descendants of Afrikans who were brought to the west as slaves, but who can stand firmly and burn out slavery in a real way. It's about the contents of your heart, and your perspective on life.. Not where you were born or how you're gonna make it right by donating everything you've worked for.. To be honest bro, most of us out here in Northern Cali have never even been inside one a dem 5000 ft malibu beach houses.. Most of us never knew what it was like to have a trust fund, we're not spoiled brats who live off our mommy's and daddy's, we work hard for what we have, and most importantly.... The grades we burn in the region where this video was taken are way higher than ANY "SF Top grade" warehouse indo.
March 28, 2017 04:28PM
whats the point if you are not willing to back your speech with actions?
its just an exercise in carrying on about something you wont act upon, so
why even bother? waste of time.
to me, this is the highest form of hypocrisy..
the irony in this whole thing is this 'captcha land' guy making his worldwide 'debut' on the biggest
piece of 'captcha land' ever... manhattan(jimmy fallon). why not debut on nigerian tv or some other african county tv?
is 'captcha land' guy racist? putting another nation over the motherland ?

back to manhattan..

'captcha land' guy uses the manhattan exposure to catapult his career, resulting in 6-7 figure per year payouts.
on top of that, flashing all types of western materialism on these videos. from high dollar sneakers, clothes, vehicles, you name it.
all these nice things 'captcha land' guy is sporting has been made as a result of the west and the west's conquests around the globe.
but yet, 'bun out captcha land'.. yeah right..
'captcha land' guy and others like him are enjoying the highest quaslity of life ever recorded in world history.
top notch hotels, top notch gyal, catered and waited on at every turn.. but oh yeah, bun out 'captcha land'

i would challenge any of these anti-west, captcha land guys in this way. i would give them a large area of an undeveloped city.
provide them with all the raw materials needed to build that area to modern standards. provide all the modern tools, computers, etc.
the only catch is, they couldnt rely on anyone from the outside. i would wager that nothing would be built.. no infrastructure.. no nothing.
these people would fall flat on their face if it wasnt for the west and the modern day advances of the western mind.

rootsthroughsidewalks
bigvein

nomotrouble
'Capture Land'

BV, sometimes you come off like you think everybody in the US has a trust fund and a malibu beach house to go home to.. I get your point, but you are vastly overgeneralizing. Also, you're making a huge jump to say that one can't acknowledge and disagree with the atrocities of colonialism in the west, unless they give everything that they've worked for their whole life to the victims of said atrocities. Most of the world is afflicted by the disease of colonialism at this point. The crimes against humanity are growing too many to list, and the possibility of one blanketing solution to bring balance is lessening. There are many people born in North America, with no Native American blood, who can recognize that this land was stolen from those Natives. Same way, there are many people all over the world, who are not the descendants of Afrikans who were brought to the west as slaves, but who can stand firmly and burn out slavery in a real way. It's about the contents of your heart, and your perspective on life.. Not where you were born or how you're gonna make it right by donating everything you've worked for.. To be honest bro, most of us out here in Northern Cali have never even been inside one a dem 5000 ft malibu beach houses.. Most of us never knew what it was like to have a trust fund, we're not spoiled brats who live off our mommy's and daddy's, we work hard for what we have, and most importantly.... The grades we burn in the region where this video was taken are way higher than ANY "SF Top grade" warehouse indo.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2017 04:37PM by bigvein.
March 28, 2017 09:33PM
Bigvein, I think you are misreading into the lyrics of Capture Land. He uses the word seize once, in a general way, but multiple times mentions the desire to leave this captured land and return to his motherland. I think you can relax about SJW's knocking on the door of your mansion and demanding it back any time soon. I see this song as calling a spade a spade. Does that make sense?
March 29, 2017 02:41AM
Let me translate bigveins comments back to american 'english'. "Wow, what a great song! The lyrics really grabbed me to the point i could think of nothing else for at least the ten minutes it took me to type this! Chronixx seems like a low key performer with great chops, the crowd was into the performance, and it was packed! Great show by a great perfomer!"

Almost forgot, "Thanks a million nomo for going to the trouble of recording....!"

Love that reggae!
March 29, 2017 06:29AM
I think my favorite song Chronixx sang at the Fillmore show was "Roots and Chalice". Did you film that one at the Mattel show, nomo?
March 29, 2017 10:03PM
ya i got the whole show, was it near the beginning or end?

Love that reggae!
March 29, 2017 10:20PM
Loved the new song he played to, Skanking Sweet. Any way we could get that one too Nomo?
March 29, 2017 10:41PM
sure. i remember that one, i'll find it too.

Love that reggae!
March 29, 2017 10:56PM
Roots & Chalice? Not sure but I think it was somewhere in the middle of set...
March 30, 2017 10:46PM
found Skankin Sweet, it's exporting right now. it is sweet too. lookin for roots and chalice.

Love that reggae!
March 31, 2017 02:09AM
Skanking Sweet

Love that reggae!
March 31, 2017 03:22PM
Thanks a lot nomo!

Wow, just watched that one. How can you be in 3 different places at the same time? Haha, great video that was the first time I had ever heard that song, like it a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2017 03:33PM by chronicom420.
April 01, 2017 02:38AM
Roots and Chalice

Love that reggae!
April 01, 2017 03:53PM
Man, that tune Skankin Sweet sound sweeeeeet! Really nice composition. That one's gonna become one of my favorite Chronixx tunes.

So glad you were present to catch the vibes on video, Nomo! I love seeing the Mateel packed full for the rising roots artists.

Big up "Captcha Land Guy" every time.. As well as Jah 9, who I felt brought a perfect balance to the overall presentation of the evening. I didn't see Kelissa hit the stage at all.. Either I missed something or she was taking a night off.. Left fully satisfied same way.
April 01, 2017 11:29PM
Felt the same way rootsthroughsidewalks, no Kelissa, but left fully satisfied. I gotta see more shows up there at the Mateel, it was nice.

Love that reggae!
April 02, 2017 01:25AM
Thanks for filming/posting this nomo! I can see why you couldn't find 'Roots & Chalice' at first as Chronixx medleyed 4 songs in that one: Roots & Chalice, Party in Session (Black Uhuru), Ain't No Giving In, and They Don't Know! (another of my faves) I don't recall him doing that in SF, or playing that Skanking Sweet song either. So there were some differences between the 2 sets...
April 02, 2017 06:38PM

Chronixx's tour bus was parked in the lower lot of the Mateel. We have a small rock wall and a BIG rock to prevent anyone hitting it. The youthful Chronixx found it to a great place to TAG the Mateel............. Love it!!!!!!
April 02, 2017 06:40PM
not sure why photo is not showing up.............
April 02, 2017 11:44PM
April 03, 2017 01:58AM
something weird about the message board i think.....

Love that reggae!
April 03, 2017 04:31AM
Thanks no mo...............
April 03, 2017 02:10PM
mamacali
Chronixx's tour bus was parked in the lower lot of the Mateel. We have a small rock wall and a BIG rock to prevent anyone hitting it. The youthful Chronixx found it to a great place to TAG the Mateel............. Love it!!!!!!

Nah -- I don't love it. Spray painting your name on a rock is lame. Spray painting your name on anything not your property is vandalism. The whole tagging thing is lame as hell.
April 03, 2017 02:42PM
Nothing wrong with the message board. What you posted Agnes doesn't end in 'png' or 'jpg'

Had you entered this: http: //c1.staticflickr.com/4/3924/32985676033_f3cb7f3e02_b. jpg (I've added some spaces) in between the [ img ] [ /img]tag

It would have revealed this:

April 03, 2017 04:59PM
Thanks Daniel...........now I know. Hey Walter.......I know what you mean about lame but this was a little different. The Mateel is not commerical property. It's our community center built by the community. I'm sure he would not have tagged if he didn't feel so at home as he told me. The tag was more of a thank you. The rock is in our lower lot that is dirt lot. He told us that when he came to ROTR 2013 he had never been to the west coast. He left Ja and arrived in SF and got in a car and didn't stop til Humboldt Co. He was 20 yrs old. He's never forgotten the love and appreciation he felt back then. He told me he was so excited about returning that he sat next to the bus driver on the way up on the 24th because he didn't want to miss anything. He had a lot of fun when he got here.He ran around what we call our back 40 and took selfies among all the trees etc. During the show he thanked the Mateel for "letting me be part of the family". At the end of the show I let everyone know that he would be at SNWMF in June. When I look at the rock I don't see vandalism, I just feel the genuine love that was shared by all.
April 03, 2017 05:09PM
Caught the show last night at Belly Up in Solana Beach and I'm still buzzing from the vibes! Jesse Royal brought a ton of energy and was real fun to watch. Chronixx put on an excellent show as well. At this point in the tour, the Zinc Fence Band is super tight. One of the highlights for me was when Zinc Fence Band dropped the Rootsman Riddim while Chronixx and Jesse Royal took turns singing "Here Comes Trouble" back to back with "Modern Day Judas". I thought Kelissa had already performed her opening set when we got to the venue but she actually was given about 10 minutes or so toward the end of Chronixx set which was very nice. She has some killer pipes and kept the vibes going while Chronnix took a little break before closing out his set. The show definitely lived up to the hype this tour is getting.
April 04, 2017 06:25PM
Great Videos as always Nomo! Skanking Sweet so nice.It's was great great show. I was stoked to see you up there filming when the show started. Also good to hear Chronixx had a nice time in So Hum, I'm sure he'll be back through again someday. Majorly looking forward to his set on the big stage in Boonville this solstice. What a lineup this year

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 06:28PM by Mr.P.
April 05, 2017 12:49PM
whole show:

Love that reggae!
April 05, 2017 08:41PM
mamacali
Thanks Daniel...........now I know. Hey Walter.......I know what you mean about lame but this was a little different. The Mateel is not commerical property. It's our community center built by the community. I'm sure he would not have tagged if he didn't feel so at home as he told me. The tag was more of a thank you. The rock is in our lower lot that is dirt lot. He told us that when he came to ROTR 2013 he had never been to the west coast. He left Ja and arrived in SF and got in a car and didn't stop til Humboldt Co. He was 20 yrs old. He's never forgotten the love and appreciation he felt back then. He told me he was so excited about returning that he sat next to the bus driver on the way up on the 24th because he didn't want to miss anything. He had a lot of fun when he got here.He ran around what we call our back 40 and took selfies among all the trees etc. During the show he thanked the Mateel for "letting me be part of the family". At the end of the show I let everyone know that he would be at SNWMF in June. When I look at the rock I don't see vandalism, I just feel the genuine love that was shared by all.

Respects, mamacali -- I understand that your picture has some personal feelings tied to your experiences with Chronixx, which is cool. I do not have the benefit of having the same experience, so I lumped your picture of that graffiti-stained rock with all of the other ugly defaced-by-paint rocks I've seen while hiking throughout this country, which sickens me. So my apologies. I have always been an avid defender of nature.

Last year, while hiking in the Santa Fe National Forest, I happened upon a young couple up from Albuquerque and the guy was busy carving their initials into an aspen tree. So I tell him "Please don't do that -- you are injuring the tree." Well he thinks I said something like "Your penis is small." and he tries to get physical with me -- telling me to perform a sex act on myself, then asking me to perform a sex act on him. Since he was 1) with his bae, 2) in his late 20s, and 3) 4 inches taller and 20 pounds heavier than me, he figured that he could smack me around. However, I am a first dan aikidoka and, well, let's just say that things did not turn out like he planned.
April 05, 2017 09:19PM
That guy was lucky it wasn't me that happened upon him!!! Thank you for your love and respect of Mother Earth.....
April 05, 2017 09:34PM
Stop it... look at the contents of the computer you are typing on. There extraction and production hurt the earth far more than someone carving their initials into a tree. Deal in reality not in fake outrage.
April 06, 2017 03:00AM
I understand Ninja. I limit my use of the computer. I don't have facebook or any other social sites. It is not fake outrage. In the 70's I co founded an anti nuke group to try and stop Diablo Cyn Nuclear power plant from going on line. We lost the battle but won the war. (No nuke plants ever after that). I was one of the main people who saved the Sinkyone Wilderness in Mendocino Co. The campaign to save Headwaters Forest started on my kitchen table. I have traveled the world over on behave of environmental and Native American organizations including speaking at the UN and the World Council of Churchs in Geneva. I could go on and on..........It's very real with me.
April 06, 2017 06:55PM
my point is if a guy who is "western" carves his name into a tree or a guy from Central America cuts the whole tree down and uses it as a canoe... do you think it matters to the tree? For some reason though we want to say guy #1 is causing harm to nature while guy #2 is living off the land.
April 06, 2017 10:50PM
guy # 1 is carving for no useful purpose other than his own ego. guy #2 wouldn't cut down a tree for a canoe. He would look for a downed tree or ones that needs to come. He would would do a ceremony for the tree and then use the canoe for useful purpose.
April 07, 2017 10:05PM
Much much thanx Chronixx for keeping the real roots in the reggae in these times when so much gangsta rap danceHELL making the preposterous fraud claim they somehow reggae.

One thing tho. Does the yute man have a trampoline hidden on the stage? smiling smiley or is he also a gifted athlete?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2017 10:38PM by Peacemakeya.
April 10, 2017 01:23AM
You are concerned with what the purpose and motives are of the people doing the cutting and carving and not so much what the desire of the tree is. I would imagine I would rather have someone 1) leave me alone 2) cut their name into me and move on and then a distant 3) cut my throat and take my things to use for their own purpose so long as they said a prayer over my dead body... in other words.. the tree doesn't care how noble your reasons are.. it just wants to live.
April 10, 2017 04:32AM
Not so sure about that Ninja... you read 'The Giving Tree', right? winking smiley
April 10, 2017 04:21PM
the famous book written by the trees themselves.. I had a Professor many years ago at College of the Redwoods who shaped my view on these things. His name was Bill Harger.. he said he was called in to mediate a dispute about a grove of Redwoods on the North Coast. The dispute was between loggers and environmental activists. On one side you had the loggers talking about how many board feet a single tree could provide and that would mean so many jobs and so many resources etc. On the other side you had the others talking about how the tree provided oxygen and a green space for generations of people and animals. He says.. does anyone know what the purpose of the Redwood tree actually is? Everyone sits in silence... He get's up and leaves the mediation. Point being no one knows why a tree exists outside of the tree itself. We only know what it provides to us and no matter what we conclude it is just us concluding with out own reasons but I assure you this.. our reasons no matter how noble they might be are not the actual reasons the tree stands.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login