Davianah
Imaru Tafari
Bushman
Zosia McGregor
Wickerman
Sophia Squire
Rockaz Element

--------

One of the good things about Rebel Salute, is that the festival was available by a live streaming. But this year, I see that you got to pay, if you want to watch it : [www.rebelsalutejamaica.com] ... It's probably the only festival in JA with "Jazz and Blues" that is interesting for me !! I don't know all the artists ... That being said, there are some "roots veterans" and this is pretty rare in JA nowadays ! It would be nice to know the "running order per day with all the artists" But anyway ... I got to admit that, I'm pretty interested by my friend Harrison Stafford's performance this Saturday ! They've have just added him to the line-up !!

Here you can find his interview for "TVJ" - [www.televisionjamaica.com] - He is promoting the festival !! By watching the interview, "I kinda understood that he will play with a band, not as a "guest". With some new songs : "The first little taste of Harrison Stafford --> The Groundation Sound" ... I don't really know if we will be able to listen to some new songs from Groundation or his solo projects ...

Harrison is saying everywhere that the band will come back, since their last show in 2015. But actually, today Rising Tide : (The band with the core of the ex Groundation band members), are already recording a new album ... So, If Stafford comes back under the name of Groundation, probably with new members, (and not the original ones, it's not really a good news for me) !!

This band with all the musicians was really a "entity" for me ... If there are new songs, with new musicians, as a fan, I think that it will not really be Groundation anymore" But of course as they say : "Music is the most high", so it has to survive !! smile1.gif

So, finally : If someone here , can see or catch the live stream from Rebel Salute 2017, please let us know ..
---
"In late July 2016, on the occasion of the penultimate show from the first « Professor Crew » European Summer Tour … I had the opportunity to speak with Harrison Stafford at the the festival « Summer Vibration » in Sélestat (France) … Please, find below our interview" : [www.groundation.fr] (A french version is available too).
---
What do you think of the ITW ? It's always a great pleasure to be with Harrison who is such a good person ! We are well connected together ! And, I do hope to make some music with, or for him in the future?! Who knows, nothing is impossible ...

Big Up Professor, Groundation and Rising Tide. :-)

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2017 12:25AM by jahidren.
Re: Harrison Stafford - Rebel Salute Festival 2017
January 12, 2017 04:11AM
Hey Jahidren! thats a lot of money for a stream, i would not dream of paying more than 20 bucks a day.

Love that reggae!
January 12, 2017 04:13AM
I've never seen Rising tide use "ex groundation members" only created by core members of groundation...not sure where you saw that? As for Harrison Stafford->the groundation sound, I think it's pretty obvious through each camp's respective recordings who holds the "groundation sound". While Harrison is the voice of groundation, rising tide definitely has the groundation sound, just without Harrison's vocals.

I'd love to see rising tide in June in Boonville.
January 12, 2017 04:00PM
miguel
I've never seen Rising tide use "ex groundation members" only created by core members of groundation...not sure where you saw that? As for Harrison Stafford->the groundation sound, I think it's pretty obvious through each camp's respective recordings who holds the "groundation sound". While Harrison is the voice of groundation, rising tide definitely has the groundation sound, just without Harrison's vocals.

I'd love to see rising tide in June in Boonville.
I agree, I just said "ex members of Groundation". Because, Rising Tide is recording a second album right now. We havn't heard anything from Groundation since 2015 ! Actually, Harrison himself told me that : "They need to come back with new members". But, who knows ... Everybody has their own projects for now ... Harrison says the same things since their last show in 2015 ... But, I also know that he is composing music almost every day ... So, I trust him : Of course, I would like to see him recording a new album in the Groundation style very soon ... But that being said, it will probably be with some new members ... So, if there's a new album, I hope it will "sounds like Groundation" : Rising Tide's songs reminds me more of that vibe ... Because, for me the band is "a entity with a least the original trio" !! :-) - It would be nice to see them all together again. But, for now we don't know what the future holds !! ;-)
January 13, 2017 01:46AM
As far as I know, the band and the name isn't owned solely by Harrison, so Its hard to believe that he would try/be able to release anything under the groundation name, or else he already would have, and wouldn't be touring under Harrison Stafford/professor.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2017 01:47AM by miguel.
January 13, 2017 02:49PM
miguel
As far as I know, the band and the name isn't owned solely by Harrison, so Its hard to believe that he would try/be able to release anything under the groundation name, or else he already would have, and wouldn't be touring under Harrison Stafford/professor.
You're probably right about the name, Harrison is touring mainly as "Professor", right now ; playing Jamaican reggae by adding some Groundation songs on the setlist, sometimes ! I think that the goal for him is not to play Groundation's music with Horsemouth Wallace or Flabba Holt ! But he still says to every fans that Groundation will come back!! Meanwhile, the guys from Rising Tide are not saying that at all, by apparently focusing at 100% on their new project. So, we will see if Groundation will finally continues like in the past, or with a new band always with Harrison, or not at all ...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login