Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nightlife at SNWMF?

Posted by Danw4n 
Nightlife at SNWMF?
January 24, 2017 03:16AM
Can anyone tell me what the nightlife is like at SNWMF? I hear its more mellow than ROTR, but is there anything happening after the concert ends? How about the camping areas & the RV areas? Do people still socialize at night in these areas, or is it lights out after 10pm? We are planning to stay in the RV area & want to party with the people after the show. Is that the scene at SNWMF? Any information on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Dan
Re: Nightlife at SNWMF?
January 24, 2017 03:39PM
You will be in the right spot to party after the show. The dancehall is a short walk away and cranks until early in the morning. If you need libations then just walk back to your rv to refill and go back in. I guarantee you that it is worth it and always legendary. The family camp and Rev camp is next to each other and closest to the entrant. Late night parties are not appreciated in that area because of that but the non family (which we call Babylon) camp rages all night. In too old to go there but the last time I heard edm, jungle and techno. I also saw a guy sell all of he brought with him including his car to get home. Basically it gets wild over there. The dancehall is where it's at for the after partying and a lot of the food vendors around it stay open late. I always put down my queen and prince and head out there to blaze and vibe for a few hours after the last act Friday and Saturday

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/24/2017 03:40PM by Jahsiah.
January 24, 2017 04:19PM
Thanks Jahsiah, that was very helpful information. Looks like we got the right spot & the right show. I'm so pumped & can't wait. Hopefully we see u there & can share some good vibes. Thanks again brotha.
January 24, 2017 11:44PM
Here is an alternate take, and I know I am not alone. The dancehall is great, unless the DJ is not playing the type of music you are in the mood for at that point in the night. I think a lot of people looking to "party" all night can get a little bored with the dancehall if it is not energetic modern dancehall or similar. Even if the DH is playing great music though, the real rub is that NO, you cannot go back to your campsite and party like an adult, unless that also means keeping your music nice and low.

So, if you are looking for late night parties in the adult camp ground with DJ's and such, you will be disappointed. Not in a lack of offerings, but in that the security guards on their golf cart will shut you down in 10 minutes. I saw it happen multiple times at different camps just last year. Now, if partying means sitting at your campsite talking in low tones with the music turned down, then knock yourself out.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2017 12:38AM by SommerKind.
January 25, 2017 07:06AM
SNWMF does not cut off at 10 and it does not rage as hard as ROTR. It's kinda like that.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login