Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

NEW RELEASES - Cornel Campbell and Daddy U-Roy on 'My Roots Girl Riddim'

Posted by z_dub 
NEW RELEASES - Cornel Campbell and Daddy U-Roy on 'My Roots Girl Riddim'
January 27, 2017 01:55PM
I'm happy to present the first releases from Med Tone Records for 2017 on our new riddim, 'My Roots Girl'.

MTR-7-002 -Cornel Campbell - My Roots Girl / Med Tone All Stars - Rootical Skank
The original gorgon, Cornel Campbell, is back with 'My Roots Girl', a brand new single in a rocksteady lovers style. The new song voiced over an original riddim by the Med Tone All Stars band.
On the flip side we're featuring 'Rootical Skank', a heavy weight dub version mixed live by yours truly in a tribute to King Tubby's early works.
MTR-7-003 U-Roy - My Ethiopian Queen / Ilan Smilan - Queen Of Sheba
Our second release over this riddim featuring Daddy U-Roy, the master toaster and the inventor of the Jamaican dj style.
'My Ethiopian Queen' is a classic dj version to Cornell's song that takes the listener back to the early days of reggae music.
On the flip we're bringing you 'Queen Of Sheba', an instrumental version by the master guitarist, Ilan Smilan, playing beautiful melodies in original style.
The riddim was recorded and mixed at the Med Tone recording studio with analog tape machine and vintage gear that can reproduce the original sounds from the early days of reggae music.

Each 7" will be released in a limited edition of 300 copies and will be exclusively available in our web store
[medtonerecords.com]
Pre order is open, release date: Feb. 17
Order your copy now!

Re: NEW RELEASES - Cornel Campbell and Daddy U-Roy on 'My Roots Girl Riddim'
January 27, 2017 07:05PM
YES!
Re: NEW RELEASES - Cornel Campbell and Daddy U-Roy on 'My Roots Girl Riddim'
February 18, 2017 03:46PM
OUT NOW!

Cornel Campbell - My Roots Girl (mtr-7-002)
U-Roy - My Ethiopian Queen (mtr-7-003)
Limited edition of only 300 copies
Exclusively available from:
[medtonerecords.com]
Audio samples:
[soundcloud.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login