Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF 2017 Brings You: Gentleman
February 01, 2017 02:57PM
Re: SNWMF 2017 Brings You: Gentleman
February 01, 2017 04:26PM
nice!
February 04, 2017 05:39AM

This song would be fun too see live! Loving the line up!!!
February 04, 2017 03:24PM
BIG TUNE
February 07, 2017 01:33AM
So very excited to finally see him live!!!
February 08, 2017 07:20PM
Love his music and especially his live show. I've seen him with the Far East band and was so bummed when they parted ways. That said, I have been wanting to see the current live show ever since watching the live performance with Evolution at Rock AM Ring a few years back.

February 08, 2017 07:28PM
February 08, 2017 08:16PM
saw him with the far east band in utrecht netherlands. talk about on point.
it was an absolutely great show, but that was over 10 years ago -- can't wait to see him again.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
February 15, 2017 07:11PM
Oh Gosh thumbs upthumbs up

one love-juan love
(SAPO)
February 25, 2017 04:55PM
With all due respect, I hope SNWMF isn't going the water of ROTR. Please keep it roots and hold the "Stress Hall"
February 25, 2017 05:21PM
What is "stress hall" and why would Gentleman be in that category? He is a quite well rounded and talented artist
February 25, 2017 07:03PM
We all know what stress hall is. Not saying Gentleman is exactly in that category, but.... if Elephant Man, Shabba, Sizzla or someone like that gets announced...SNWMF will have lost its 'roots'. I bailed on Capleton at ROTR back in, ummm, '04 I think, just not down the the stomping, yelling, screaming, and air horns. I'm with the roots, and only the roots. That's just me.

This being said, I know the powers that be of SNWMF understand their own roots and those of their attendees, and I expect to see some incredible announcements within the next month or two. Bless, bless.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/25/2017 07:08PM by jcom.
February 25, 2017 08:07PM
Sizzla has plenty of roots and culture material. Shabba also puts on a great show and I'm not even a hard core dancehall fans I'd have no interest in Elephant Man but I wouldn't compare him to any of the artists you mentioned.

Curious, what do you consider to be roots since the definition can be different depending on a person's tastes
February 26, 2017 04:49PM
what's weird to me about jcom's stresshall comment, is that it comes in this gentleman thread.

yes, capleton & sizzla have cultural tunes, but even when they perform such tunes, they're screaming at you. no matter the lyrics, i can't stand getting yelled at for almost an entire set. now that gets stressful!

but the closest thing to stresshall on this current line up other than capleton would certainly NOT be gentleman. perhaps it would be anthony b, although i would never consider him stresshall either.

i get that you don't like capleton and stresshall, but have you listened to much gentleman jcom? i think he's going to nice up the scene myself, and i look well forward to his set.

by the way jcom, where were you when MIR roots played snwmf? what a band and experience! i really hope to see a replay of that action and hope you do as well.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
March 01, 2017 10:00PM

This is CULTURE music.. not Dancehall or Stress Hall or whatever clever name you can come up with for it. I get that there delivery may be more aggressive than some roots acts but I am not interested in attending a festival that wishes to divide Africa up like a pizza and say who is invited and who is not. There is enough space and place in time for acts of all types to come and play without labeling it this type of fest of that type. It is a WORLD MUSIC festival. These songs belong at a reggae festival. SNWMF is a reggae festival. It isn't a ROOTS festival it is a music festival. There is something for everyone.

Gentleman endorses this message as well smiling smiley
March 01, 2017 10:02PM
PS that Gentleman clip above is BAD!!! Looking forward to his set.
March 01, 2017 10:27PM
March 01, 2017 10:36PM
March 01, 2017 10:37PM
March 01, 2017 11:04PM
yes, I get and agree with your sentiments ninja.
I was just trying to talk to him in the language he was using, making the assumption that I know what he means by stresshall.

reggae, dancehall, roots, ragga, steppers, dub, lovers, bashment...speaking of pizza, I do enjoy pineapple on mine -- how about you?!

and here's me washing it down with some cold brew. drinking smiley

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
March 02, 2017 02:29AM
ninja i thought you were talking about the music and now realize you mean the festival.
more agreement still.

i need to lay off the keyboard!

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
May 12, 2017 11:33PM
I recently watched this "Gentleman on MTV Unplugged" video and it's really good! Didn't know they still made 'MTV Unplugged' concerts, let alone that Gentleman did one, but watching this made me fired up to see Gentleman this summer! BLESS

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login