Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RIP Skully

Posted by Ras_Adam 
RIP Skully
February 04, 2017 07:33PM
Dennis Alcapone wrote:

Greetings Fb Family and friends. Word is coming out of Jamaica that one of our longest serving musician as Past away yesterday. Singer and Percussionists Mr Zoot Simms Aka Skully. This man played on most of Jamaica music back in the days. He was one part of the Duo Bunny and Skully. Still was Performing when called upon. Great Man to be Around always smiling. Condolences to His Family and Friends. Gone but won't be forgotten. Bring u to date later. R I P. Skully.
Re: RIP Skully
February 04, 2017 07:56PM
February 04, 2017 10:43PM

Kenny Makenzi wrote:
Another loss to reggae music, and Jamaican arts. Veteran percussionist Scully Simms has passed on at the age of 82. He's worked with many reggae musicians such as Burning Spear, Mighty Diamonds, Prince Far I, Peter Tosh, Gregory Isaacs, Toots and the Maytals, Sly & Robbie as well as being part of The Aggrovators and The Revolutionaries band. His contributions will forever be heard on every record he played his congas on..from Peter Tosh's Equal Rights to Burning Spear's Dry & Heavy —
February 04, 2017 10:48PM
February 05, 2017 12:08AM
Clinton Fearon wrote:

The beginning of this year is rough! i just learned that mi bredrin Scully Simms passed away today… Such an excellent percussionist and a really cool brother, very encouraging. When me just joined Gladiators, Scully was one of them saying that I was promising. we played together in sessions at Studio One and Channel One. Scully was always cracking up jokes! Much love and respect my brother, may your soul rest in peace.
February 05, 2017 03:56AM
March 20, 2017 02:31AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login