Posted by Ras_Adam 
Iba Mahr Change
February 04, 2017 10:55PM
Re: Iba Mahr Change
February 06, 2017 04:59AM
Nice!
February 06, 2017 07:12AM
Really hope to see his name added to this years lineup...

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
February 06, 2017 03:57PM
Fantastic tune. Although not quite as good as "Get Up and Show" which is the best performance over the Better Days riddim by far. Tune sound so forward and upfull.

IMHO, Iba Mahr is the very best Jamaica has to offer right now. I just don't get everyone's craziness with guys like Chronixx or Jesse Royal. Chronixx has a decent voice and some catchy tunes, but he ain't really saying nothing to me. Jesse Royal is about as overrated as one can get. "Modern Day Judas" was lyrical brilliance, however, the more I listen to other songs I know he wrote, the more I'm convinced he did not write "Modern Day Judas." So my million dollar question is, who the @#$%& wrote "Modern Day Judas?!" Because that @#$%& is deep!

But getting back to Iba, I really dig his delivery, which, needless to say, is very unique and unlike anything else you will ever hear. His message is always positive, upfull, and well-written. He is one f the best Jamaican lyricists in the game right now. He's also a very dynamic live performer who has a command of the crowd. I was lucky enough to catch him at Wicky Wacky Beach last year and he was just fantastic.

"It's definitely going down at midnghtraverblog.com right now!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/06/2017 04:00PM by ras2thebone.
February 06, 2017 04:36PM
Big Up IBA MAHR.. very good artist. Big Up Chronixx and Jesse Royal also both great artists... Lots of good artist coming out of JA right now. Too many to name. IBA is one of many who deserve respect. I try not to dis artists in order to big up another one. It is one family. Bless
February 06, 2017 05:56PM
I consider Jesse Royal underrated. He gave the best performance at ROTR last year!
February 06, 2017 06:03PM
I would have to completely disagree with ras2thebone's opinion. Iba Mahr is good but to me he isn't really even close to Chronixx, Kaka, Protoje, or Jesse Royal.
February 06, 2017 07:45PM
agreed reggabe -- i thoroughly enjoyed jesse royal's set.

hard to say it was better than the paolo baldini & crew dub session under the trees though! that was a set for the ages.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
February 07, 2017 11:42PM
I could listen to that Better Days Riddim forever haha. Pressure and Chezidek kill it too on that riddim. Hope to catch Iba live sometime soon.
February 10, 2017 12:53AM
i also agree about jesse royal's set at rotr last year. i thoroughly enjoyed it also. really looking forward to chronixx, probably see him a couple times this spring.

Love that reggae!
February 10, 2017 02:27PM
thing about royal is that his flow seems to be influenced by old school styles.

and with that, you just cant beat back-in-the-day in terms of quality, delivery, and content.. and this is how i see and rate royal.
February 15, 2017 04:21AM
Iba Mahr was nice at Rebel Salute...hope he can get to cali this summer
February 15, 2017 04:15PM
I like Iba Mahr... saying he is the best JA has to offer right now might be in line with something our President would say
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login