RIP Edi Fitzroy

Posted by dubgroove 
RIP Edi Fitzroy
March 05, 2017 01:56AM
An awesome and unique artist.
Re: RIP Edi Fitzroy
March 05, 2017 03:04AM
awful news, if this is true.

amazing artist who suffered so much personal loss; love his unique style.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
March 05, 2017 04:09AM
saw him once in a near empty club in ithaca ny
he performed like he was in front of 10,000
will be missed

[www.clintonlindsay.com]
March 05, 2017 04:13AM
Trevor Elliott wrote:
A member of my family left us today. Edi Fitzroy left us for his home in Zion. He passed while in the May Pen hospital today at 1:00 PM.

March 05, 2017 04:30AM
singer of many tunes responsible for equal amount of memories during my stay in south east san diego..

was first exposed to him sometimes in the late 80s(89??) when i used to tape the reggae makosa shows.
the song was mr bandulu... ever since then, i knew if i saw edi fitroy on an album track list, the album was worthy of
purchase.
March 05, 2017 07:13AM
Man this is very sad to hear. RIP Edi. I remember seeing him several years ago on the small stage at ROTR @ Benbow, he seemed to be really enjoying himself onstage and gave an upful performance. Bless.
March 05, 2017 01:05PM
March 06, 2017 09:38PM
March 07, 2017 12:01AM
"Video" --> "Flabba Holt the Roots Radics leader talks memories of Edi Fitzroy. Edi's hit album "Check For You Once" music section was recorded in only one day by the Roots Radics at the Channel One studio. R.I.P. in Zion Edi Fitzroy".

[www.facebook.com] .. !! :-)
March 07, 2017 05:39AM
March 07, 2017 01:32PM
March 07, 2017 03:27PM
ha.. i put together a non-stop mix around 2000-2001 of straight volcano roots radics rub-a-dub.. this mix cloud started off like that mix.. i need to go through the archives(some IDE drives stacked in a storage bin) and see if i can find it..
March 07, 2017 07:12PM
from Edi's FB page:
On behalf of the Edwards family, we would like to thank everyone for their support at this very difficult time. The funeral arrangements are being made by Edi's nephew, Mr. Ali Edwards who can be contacted on {1}876 456 2533. Please ignore any request from any person claiming to be collecting funds on behalf of the family.
March 08, 2017 03:04PM
Best cover of Hotel California ever. Ras Tapes. RIP

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/08/2017 04:31PM by jcom.
March 08, 2017 06:45PM
Beautifully strange was the voice of Edi Fitzroy...if someone dropped a tune by him, you knew it instantly...It was guys like Edi that pulled me into reggae -he was unique and original. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a recent performance , but Ill never forget that Sunsplash tour in 1988 at Tommy's in Dallas- we went mainly to see Bloodfire Posse, Yellowman, Toots, Sophia George , and Pato Banton..about halfway through the night Edi Fitzroy comes out and I wasn't that familiar with his material-right before Edi comes on some guy leans over and tells me Edi had been backing the Clash on a recent euro tour- Edi slinked out and got real close to the floor and bounced and skanked back and forth from one side of the stage to the next..he and Sagittarius absolutely killed it - been enjoying his music ever since RIP

March 08, 2017 07:11PM
I had the pleasure of attending this show, backed by Sly and Robbie. Some years later, he was around for the NWWRF, not on the lineup but was in the states and at the event. I ran into him at the hotel parking lot... looked up and said "Edi Fitzroy?!" which brought a beaming smile to his face and we had a pleasant chat.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2017 06:39AM by bun n cheese.
March 08, 2017 11:42PM
Dis da version off of Ras Tapes....

March 09, 2017 12:35AM
jcom

song about selling one's soul.. check it..
March 09, 2017 05:08AM
that was a fun show bun!

Respect Same Way
March 09, 2017 07:12PM
WOW BUN! That poster just threw me WAY back!!! So much fun that weekend...

[www.RealitySounds.com]
[www.SantaCruzReggae.com]

rasta cruz reggae
March 09, 2017 07:44PM
That was a fun and weird show for sure. I remember lots of police presence, a massive echo from the main sound system and the outdoor sound system playing "Dude" over and over again at piercing volume. It was great to stay at the attached hotel and see all of the artist coming and going. Really great press conferences each day at the hotel too.

Beenie Man had to cancel and was replaced by Burning Spear.
March 10, 2017 07:16PM
interview provides a little insight into the man..

March 10, 2017 08:01PM
i know what a big hit "the gun" was for him and i'm probably alone in this assessment -- but i have always liked his tune "bury the gun" more...

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
March 11, 2017 06:46AM
bigvein
jcom

song about selling one's soul.. check it..

I know the song and the meaning...check it.
March 11, 2017 07:23AM
papaken
Beautifully strange was the voice of Edi Fitzroy...if someone dropped a tune by him, you knew it instantly...It was guys like Edi that pulled me into reggae -he was unique and original. Unfortunately, I haven't seen a recent performance , but Ill never forget that Sunsplash tour in 1988 at Tommy's in Dallas- we went mainly to see Bloodfire Posse, Yellowman, Toots, Sophia George , and Pato Banton..about halfway through the night Edi Fitzroy comes out and I wasn't that familiar with his material-right before Edi comes on some guy leans over and tells me Edi had been backing the Clash on a recent euro tour- Edi slinked out and got real close to the floor and bounced and skanked back and forth from one side of the stage to the next..he and Sagittarius absolutely killed it - been enjoying his music ever since RIP

Yes! Saw this Sunsplash! Also saw Edi with Roots Radics, Frankie Paul, Charlie Chaplin, Brigadier Jerry, and Peter Broggs at Snowbird in Utah late '80s. Classic!
March 17, 2017 12:26AM
March 27, 2017 12:56PM
heartfelt send off .. check it..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login