Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ROTR Line-Up

Posted by s3izone 
ROTR Line-Up
March 24, 2017 09:07PM
[www.reggaeontheriver.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2017 09:13PM by s3izone.
Re: ROTR Line-Up
March 24, 2017 09:33PM
Nice to see Dezarie on the line up.
March 24, 2017 09:58PM
Army too!
March 24, 2017 10:20PM
good to see lutan fire on twice smiling smiley
March 24, 2017 10:23PM
Ras_Adam
good to see lutan fire on twice smiling smiley

hahaha. Luv Fyah with the Lutan impression.
March 24, 2017 10:28PM
Dezarie was a big surprise, for sure! So stoked about that.

Kabaka w/ bebble rockers and a set with Walshy Fire?? I get the feeling that set will be one of the best of the weekend.

Ken Boothe

Culture w/ Kenyatta

Lutan Fyah

Warrior King

Nkulee Dube..

on first glance the line up is pretty different then I imagined it would be, and full of sets I wouldn't miss. Big up ROTR crew.

I wonder who the unannounced headliner may be...
March 25, 2017 12:38AM
for my money.. I don't think anyone outdoes Jahdan Blakkamoore.. saw his live show a few years back and it was on point.
March 25, 2017 04:00AM
Who is Walshy Fire?
March 25, 2017 04:54AM

Who is Walshy Fire?

Major Lazer
March 25, 2017 05:13AM
Walsh Fire = Major Lazer? Wow, I never would have known. Now I agree with roots/sidewalks that the set with Kabaka could be the highlight.

I'm most excited about Lutan, Dezarie, Warrior King, and Jr. Kelly!
March 25, 2017 04:12PM
Reggabe
Walsh Fire = Major Lazer?

More specifically, Walshy is part of Major Lazer, Diplo and Jillionaire are the other active members.

And yes, that set is going to blow some minds IMO. Really looking forward.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
March 25, 2017 04:14PM
i believe walshy fire makes up a part of major lazer; major lazer is not one person, it's a few guys i think.

that's about all i've heard about them...but it was walshy that produced jesse royal's "royally speaking" and he's worked with chronixx as well -- probably more reggae folks than i am aware of; i really don't know much about him.

perhaps walshy is the "roots/reggae" part of major lazer?

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
March 25, 2017 04:24PM
I am really stoked on the female representation: Marla Brown, Nattali Rize, Keida, Nkulee Dube & Dezarie. All in all it's another progressive line up from ROTR.

Positive Vibrations w/DJ Treez | Tahoe's Reggae Show | Thursday Nights 10pm | 101.5 FM KTKE | truckeetahoeradio.com
March 25, 2017 04:55PM

perhaps walshy is the "roots/reggae" part of major lazer?

I can't say I'm familiar with all of Major Lazer's works, but I have yet to hear a 'roots/reggae' song come out of that camp. Here's Kabaka and Walshyat Reggae Geel last year:

March 25, 2017 05:31PM
walshy was formerly of black chiney sound and moved to major lazer when diplo asked him to join

Respect Same Way
March 25, 2017 08:41PM
If Walshy is part of Major Lazer, then I'm surprised Jahan Blakkamore won't be joining him. That song they collaborated on a few years ago was dope! (or was that Diplo?)
March 25, 2017 11:31PM
so daniel, you don't find any tune on "royally speaking" to be roots or reggae?
hard to understand that.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
March 26, 2017 12:36AM
[url=http://

][/url]
March 26, 2017 01:08AM
I picked up the Walshy Fire/Kabaka cd at the merch booth at SNWMF last year.................. Good!
March 26, 2017 02:40AM
reggae is reggae... too much division... all shares the same roots.
March 26, 2017 03:50AM
I agree Ninja. Yesterday I did an interview with Chronixx. I was talking to him about how I began my love of reggae in the 70's and now there are these young reggae artists from Ja who are doing the same and it's like roots reggae has come full circle. And he said dancehall, reggaeton, etc has kept reggae alive and how it's all reggae.......... yes there are many styles of reggae and some love it all and some only certain styles and as you said...all share the same roots.
March 26, 2017 04:08PM
Dezarie!!!!!!! I would not miss it. Stoked to see Nkulee Dube again, great lineup so far!

Love that reggae!
March 27, 2017 02:48PM
Who Is Slightly Stoopid? with Don Carlos maybe

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
March 27, 2017 03:35PM
ninja, you say: reggae is reggae.

so OK, now try and have any sort of in-depth conversation about what we listen to and what we like in the genre of "reggae".

if we were simpletons when it came to this music then the single word "reggae" might suffice.
but i tend to believe that if you are on this forum, then you probably have more depth to your knowledge of reggae and the single word "reggae" doesn't always convey what we want to express about a particular form of "reggae"

when real jazz heads sit down to talk, i'm sure they use terms like "free form", "bebop", "mainstream", "smooth", "swing" etc. or do you think jazz heads refer to any form of jazz as simply "jazz"?

because i want to discuss "roots" or "bashment" or "lovers rock" etc. - that doesn't mean i don't want unity among us all. it means i'm trying to delineate between styles and convey something about the music.

yes, there are different styles of reggae, and because some people talk in terms of these styles doesn't mean they are inviting division.

i can't imagine every conversation i have from now on needs to have the word "reggae" and only "reggae" when i am discussing this music.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
March 27, 2017 03:53PM
Music IS Reggae and Reggae IS music

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
March 27, 2017 05:01PM
The one act that stands out to me after taking a first glance is Junior Kelly!!!! Been wanting to see him for a long time and caught him on the Rototom Live Stream last year. He absolutely killed Rototom. Worthy of a headlining performance IMO.

March 31, 2017 12:22AM
It's looking like a real solid lineup. Would love to be able to go. Always frustrated at how the timing is so bad for my life schedule. Trying to scope out any festivals happening beginning to mid July.
March 31, 2017 06:30AM
Other than Army, good year to skip ROTR. Hate to say it, but true...
April 14, 2017 11:59PM
Looks like Sly and Robbie solo set as well as sets with Marcia Griffiths, Judie Mowatt and Cherine Anderson have been added.
April 15, 2017 02:27AM
yeah cause who wants to see Agent Sasco, Kabaka, J Boog, Keida, Jahdan Blakkamoore, Marla Brown, Walshy Fire, Junior Kelly, Lutan Fyah, Dezirae, Sly and Robbie..... I mean I guess if you forced me to I could deal with them.
April 15, 2017 05:42AM
Ninja
yeah cause who wants to see Agent Sasco, Kabaka, J Boog, Keida, Jahdan Blakkamoore, Marla Brown, Walshy Fire, Junior Kelly, Lutan Fyah, Dezirae, Sly and Robbie..... I mean I guess if you forced me to I could deal with them.

You can count on me to be taking one for the team. I mean someone's gotta step up right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2017 05:44AM by DJ Treez.
April 15, 2017 05:23PM
Having Dezarie on the lineup makes it a must go for me. You never know who will be the star of the show unless you go. A couple years ago there was a ton of complaints about the lineup, but i got to see Emmanuel Jal and that made it all worthwhile. I enjoy the fest enough that the lineup almost doesn't matter.

Love that reggae!
April 16, 2017 12:44AM
Right on nomo, that's the spirit!
April 17, 2017 08:13PM
jcom
Other than Army, good year to skip ROTR. Hate to say it, but true...

I must eat some crow. Lineup has improved since I last checked it.
April 17, 2017 09:32PM
crow is a good source of protein brother.
April 18, 2017 09:13PM
DJ Treez
I am really stoked on the female representation: Marla Brown, Nattali Rize, Keida, Nkulee Dube & Dezarie. All in all it's another progressive line up from ROTR.

Add to the list of females Marcia Griffiths, Judy Mowatt, and Cherine Anderson. I sure do love me some female vocalists.

April 19, 2017 10:56AM
Now I really want to go! Geesh gotta cram them all into one weekend and always in August booo. Now my brain is trying to justify why my son can miss his first week of high school HA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login