Posted by Daniel 
SNWMF 2017 Brings You: Barrington Levy
April 04, 2017 03:06PM
Re: SNWMF 2017 Brings You: Barrington Levy
April 04, 2017 03:56PM
☝️☝️☝️Nice!
April 04, 2017 07:11PM
Great artist. Total a$$ in real life. Tried to meet him 5 times on Welcome to Jamrock Cruise. Not a nice person at all.
April 05, 2017 02:38AM
good thing he has lived an entire life and not just those 5 times you tried to meet him.... not sayin he is or isn't but someone can have a lot of other "sheet" going on or might just be in a bad mood. No reason to judge their whole life.
April 05, 2017 03:38AM
Ninja, if you try to meet him let me know how it goes. I can def. judge a person for his style by trying to meet him 5 times in five days. He sucks.
April 05, 2017 04:20PM
same tired playlist for 20 plus years...I woulda told him to write some new tunes or piss off (new versions of murderer don't count!)
April 05, 2017 04:31PM
I agree strikkly!!! You nailed it. Remixes with hip hop artist don't count either. That is hallarious.
April 05, 2017 04:42PM
Here's a new one....

April 05, 2017 04:58PM
Just an idea.. maybe he just didn't want to meet you? Maybe the guy just had someone close to him die.. Maybe he just found out he had prostate cancer.. in other words maybe life was happening and meeting you wasn't a priority.. could be any number of reasons.. and yes.. maybe.. just maybe he isn't a nice guy... bottom line though, judging someone off of one week out of what I assume are 60 plus years seems harsh.. just my opinion..
April 05, 2017 05:00PM
Barrington also has a tendency to let the crowd sing all his songs... Last time I saw him I said to myself, why am I paying to see Barrington when he should be paying us to sing his songs! HAHA
April 05, 2017 06:32PM
Way back in the day - sometime in the mid 90s - my then GF (now wife) and I caught Barrington Levy in San Francisco.
I cant quite remember the venue now... I don't think it was the Maritime Hall, but I digress... Hazy venue memories aside, the important part was that after the show we somehow finagled our way backstage to meet Barrington.

While waiting to meet him, I had to peel off and go to the restroom. When I got back Barrington had come out and was chatting her up... The funny thing is she couldn't understand what he was talking to her about as she didn't understand patois at the time and had no clue what he was chatting her up about. As I approached them, she looked relieved and quickly introduced me to Barrington whose face promptly lit up in amusement as he figured out the whole scene - I was the big reggae fan and she had just come along to be with her fella. We chatted with him for another 15-20 minutes and he seemed like a real cool cat - both friendly and talkative. Though she was still a reggae noob at the time, she became a big fan of his that night and still is today.
That is my only experience in trying to interface with Barrington Levy.

Who knows what may have happened on the cruise - maybe it pisses him off when people try too hard to get face time with him?
Maybe the terms of his contract were changed after he was on board... who knows.
Who knows - maybe you should have sent in you GF/wife first and then pulled up after a few minutes. Lol
April 05, 2017 09:56PM
Barrington also has a tendency to let the crowd sing all his songs... Last time I saw him I said to myself, why am I paying to see Barrington when he should be paying us to sing his songs! HAHA

Yes, his live show has changed a lot from when I saw him in New Orleans on the Sunsplash Tour...true canary vibes then.,. but maybe he still has a roots show or two in im still?

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
April 05, 2017 10:52PM
Pffffffffff..............
April 06, 2017 02:02AM
I agree. Who knows??? He was my #1 artist to meet on the cruise, that is why it hurt so much. Oh well. Maybe I will try again...probably not. This festival is going to be off the chain regardless. Chronixx just killed it in SF!!!! Murder......
April 12, 2017 02:16AM
Time flies - 20 years...

April 12, 2017 02:20AM
I've noticed his festival shows are far different than his headliner shows, at least in my experiences. I saw him a couple years back here in Tacoma at a small little club and it was fantastic. He did songs that I never hear him do at the big shows. His show back in December in San Diego was pretty legit as well.
May 12, 2017 03:45PM
May 24, 2017 08:55PM
IMO, still the gold standard of Reggae crooners. Surprised no one chimed in on the Acousticalevy release which I thought was Aces.
Ah well, to each his own. I can tell you--- I NEVER EVER saw an audience go as insane for a vocalist in JA at any show as I've seen for Barrington Levy.
May 25, 2017 09:02PM

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login