Re: SNWMF 2017 Brings You: Lee 'Scratch' Perry
April 04, 2017 07:12PM
Time for the Redwood stage.
April 04, 2017 07:40PM
Is he only in the Dancehall??
April 04, 2017 08:16PM
i'm curious.. outside of black ark, what do reggae fans find appealing about LSP ?

i can only list one LSP song that i would not skip through, which would be 'dreadlocks in moonlight'

beyond that, LSP as a singer just isnt my cup.

thoughts ?
April 04, 2017 08:42PM
This one got plenty of plays from me back in the day....

April 04, 2017 08:44PM
Singing has never been LSP's strength (a weakness, really). Obviously his Black Ark works are legendary, but he's had some good stuff over the years. My friend and I used to like to bump his "Experiments in the Grass Roots of Dub" album at work back in the day. I think it may have been a Mad Professor collaboration?
April 04, 2017 09:49PM
He'll be with Subatomic Sound System and hopefully, Larry Mcdonald attending as well.

A key in the sounds of JA and the rest of the world. Unfourtunly we have lost too many in recent years.

Always good in my opinion. Dont miss this!

Now - I just need to save $500 for tix and some time to drive down from Portland.

[url=

]Lee perry live[/url]

[url=

?list=RD3wPgfdXIQQo]Lee[/url]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/04/2017 09:56PM by s3izone.
April 04, 2017 10:35PM
April 06, 2017 05:33PM
here's a thought..

there are many anti-trump types on this board and many of these same people whose investment portfolios have significantly increased due
to trump and consumer/wall-street confidence.
there also many anti-trump guys on this board who didnt have to pay a 2k-5k aca mandate this year, so their tax return was much more than expected.

since these guys essentially voted to pay an extra 2k-5k in taxes(aca mandate) and these guys also voted for a stagnate market,
i say they should donate their 'trump money' to a good cause.
that first good cause should go to backing your snwmf trip.
i mean these people were so eager to spend an extra 2k-5k or to keep their portfolios at status-quo, why not 'spread the wealth' your way ?

s3izone
He'll be with Subatomic Sound System and hopefully, Larry Mcdonald attending as well.

A key in the sounds of JA and the rest of the world. Unfourtunly we have lost too many in recent years.

Now - I just need to save $500 for tix and some time to drive down from Portland.

[url=

]Lee perry live[/url]

[url=

?list=RD3wPgfdXIQQo]Lee[/url][/quote]
April 06, 2017 06:03PM
I'm in!! I will only donate my $ to you BV, so after all these years you can finally see what the festival is about. I will even buy you some Redbull (thats your drink right?) so you can stay for some of the Dancehall and whine ya gal. I just want you to get a chance to hang out with the rest of us Billionaires for a long weekend. Let me know how much you will be needing to make the trip, and your account # please. This is a great idea my friend.

bigvein
here's a thought..

there are many anti-trump types on this board and many of these same people whose investment portfolios have significantly increased due
there also many anti-trump guys on this board who didnt have to pay a 2k-5k aca mandate this year, so their tax return was much more than expected.

since these guys essentially voted to pay an extra 2k-5k in taxes(aca mandate) and these guys also voted for a stagnate market,
i mean these people were so eager to spend an extra 2k-5k or to keep their portfolios at status-quo, why not 'spread the wealth' your way ?

s3izone

[url=

]Lee perry live[/url]

[url=

?list=RD3wPgfdXIQQo]Lee[/url][/quote][/quote]
April 06, 2017 06:10PM
BV:

You are presuming that s3izone: 1) has an investment portfolio; and, 2) had no health care last year for which he might have had to pay a penalty.

And for him to have to pay a penalty of even 2K under the ACA, he would have had to have made more than $80,000. My guess is that, if that were the case, he wouldn't be needing so 'save' in order to make the trod from Oregon.
April 06, 2017 06:13PM
bigvein
here's a thought..

Since baseball season is upon us, I'll swat this one out of the park...

BV, the stock market rise (6% since the inauguration as of a few weeks ago) is NOT due to Trump -- it's risen in spite of Trump. Two things are driving the bull market: 1) Wall St is betting that now that the R's control both the legislative and executive branches of government, a slate of business-friendly legislation would be passed and signed into law by the Orange Rubber Stamp and 2) Obama's policies resulted in a market record was one of the best since WWII - stocks rose an average of 12% a year during Obama's two terms, according to S&P Global. That ranks Obama 3rd among the 12 men who have served as president since World War II, based on the performance of the S&P 500. Only Clinton (under whom stocks rose 14.9% a year over 8 years) and Gerald Ford (18.6% annualized during his 29 months in office) presided over better markets.

Trump has done nothing. Wait, not quite true -- the markets have begun to slip, as Wall St begins to lose confidence in the Trump administration and the R's in congress that they will be able to pass the business-friendly legislative agenda that they at first thought would be no effort at all. We are some 70-something days into the Trump-era and he's done nothing legislatively. This is ominous for his legislative agenda (if there is one), because this is the "honeymoon" period where new administrations usually can get cooperation from Congress.

Regarding the ACA. The R's worked furiously to cripple the ACA by allowing insurance companies to 'opt-out' of the state insurance exchanges, among other things. D's allowed this to get the ACA passed, figuring that these built-in structural flaws would be fixed later. This was a major political miscalculation, as the R's hunkered down and screamed NO for the next 6 years.

The D's should have gone all-in for the single-payer health-care system. Remove the for-profit insurance companies entirely from the process. Put doctors back in charge of medical decisions, not insurance company actuaries.
April 06, 2017 06:45PM
thanks for the kind gesture, but i live a very good life. no need for donations to finance my movements.

plus my summer starts in mid may with a trip to a miami for an annual tech convention.
after that i will be in nyc for another annual meeting which takes place the same week as snwmf.

spliffp
I'm in!! I will only donate my $ to you BV, so after all these years you can finally see what the festival is about. I will even buy you some Redbull (thats your drink right?) so you can stay for some of the Dancehall and whine ya gal. I just want you to get a chance to hang out with the rest of us Billionaires for a long weekend. Let me know how much you will be needing to make the trip, and your account # please. This is a great idea my friend.

bigvein
here's a thought..

s3izone

[url=

]Lee perry live[/url]

[url=

?list=RD3wPgfdXIQQo]Lee[/url][/quote][/quote][/quote]
April 06, 2017 06:57PM
Daniel
BV:

You are presuming that s3izone: 1) has an investment portfolio; and, 2) had no health care last year for which he might have had to pay a penalty.

And for him to have to pay a penalty of even 2K under the ACA, he would have had to have made more than $80,000. My guess is that, if that were the case, he wouldn't be needing so 'save' in order to make the trod from Oregon.

the difference here is that 's3izone' hasnt been screaming about trump and how the whole world will be oppressed, etc, etc. as someone said the other day(although i think i brought it to this board first), he hasnt been part of this trump 'fake outrage' ... fantasy and victimology talk as i see it.

so i am calling on those who have benefited from trump's win to now spread the wealth to this young man.

i am generating another bitcoin wallet on behalf of this boardee.. and once i get the public key back, i will post it here so you all can throw some dunny that way.
April 06, 2017 07:07PM

i live a very good life. no need for donations to finance my movements.

so i am calling on those who have benefited from trump's win to now spread the wealth to this young man.

Why generate a 'bitcoin wallet'? Just look in the mirror and cut the check BV.....
April 06, 2017 07:18PM
Daniel

i live a very good life. no need for donations to finance my movements.

Why generate a 'bitcoin wallet'? Just look in the mirror and cut the check BV.....

i am not the one slamming the guy, so why should i deny any benefits my household may see as a result of his policies?

again, the point i am making is this.. all these anti-trump guys have seen some type of financial gain due to his election.
so, if 'he is not my president', and you are some type of hardcore, keeping-it-real, 'resistor' than why hold onto those 'trump dollars'

i dont get it.. trump is the most evil person in the world and we must 'resist'.. but yet, any wealth gained by his policies are all well and good ?
April 06, 2017 07:28PM

all these anti-trump guys have seen some type of financial gain due to his election.

Though you may not have read any rants from me regarding Donald Trump on this board, I am most definitely an 'anti-trump' guy. But, I have not seen any sort of 'financial gain' due to his election so you are once again just overgeneralizing....
April 06, 2017 07:46PM
you just proved my point, in that trump is part of your equation that results in some type of measurable market growth.
without trump, we wouldnt be talking about record markets or consumer confidence.

trump + r congress = market growth(consumer confidence)

not-trump + r congress = stagnant market

think about it, how much more money is circulating because employer and tax payer aca mandates have seen 'softly' removed ? softly means still part of the law yet not enforced.
lets not even start talking about energy contracts being signed, jobs created, etc, etc.
alot more people around these parts walking with a little more pep in their step.

Walter
bigvein
here's a thought..

Since baseball season is upon us, I'll swat this one out of the park...

BV, the stock market rise (6% since the inauguration as of a few weeks ago) is NOT due to Trump -- it's risen in spite of Trump. Two things are driving the bull market: 1) Wall St is betting that now that the R's control both the legislative and executive branches of government, a slate of business-friendly legislation would be passed and signed into law by the Orange Rubber Stamp and 2) Obama's policies resulted in a market record was one of the best since WWII - stocks rose an average of 12% a year during Obama's two terms, according to S&P Global. That ranks Obama 3rd among the 12 men who have served as president since World War II, based on the performance of the S&P 500. Only Clinton (under whom stocks rose 14.9% a year over 8 years) and Gerald Ford (18.6% annualized during his 29 months in office) presided over better markets.

Trump has done nothing. Wait, not quite true -- the markets have begun to slip, as Wall St begins to lose confidence in the Trump administration and the R's in congress that they will be able to pass the business-friendly legislative agenda that they at first thought would be no effort at all. We are some 70-something days into the Trump-era and he's done nothing legislatively. This is ominous for his legislative agenda (if there is one), because this is the "honeymoon" period where new administrations usually can get cooperation from Congress.

Regarding the ACA. The R's worked furiously to cripple the ACA by allowing insurance companies to 'opt-out' of the state insurance exchanges, among other things. D's allowed this to get the ACA passed, figuring that these built-in structural flaws would be fixed later. This was a major political miscalculation, as the R's hunkered down and screamed NO for the next 6 years.

The D's should have gone all-in for the single-payer health-care system. Remove the for-profit insurance companies entirely from the process. Put doctors back in charge of medical decisions, not insurance company actuaries.
April 06, 2017 07:48PM
Daniel

all these anti-trump guys have seen some type of financial gain due to his election.

Though you may not have read any rants from me regarding Donald Trump on this board, I am most definitely an 'anti-trump' guy. But, I have not seen any sort of 'financial gain' due to his election so you are once again just overgeneralizing....

can you really say that with a straight face ??
how many people have paid their retainer(or continuing fees) using money that would otherwise go
to paying their aca tax ? how many people borrowed money to pay you when that same money would have gone to
the government ? or even their hours increased due to a lift on the employer mandate ?
or the money came from a new job created as a result of trump and market confidence..

you really dont know..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2017 07:50PM by bigvein.
April 06, 2017 07:50PM

trump + r congress = market growth

That is the diametric opposite of what has happened historically, as markets have grown far more under democratic control than republican control.

And, while you may see what I wrote last as 'proving your point', I'm confident that others will see it in another light....
April 06, 2017 07:51PM
bigvein
again, the point i am making is this.. all these anti-trump guys have seen some type of financial gain due to his election.
so, if 'he is not my president', and you are some type of hardcore, keeping-it-real, 'resistor' than why hold onto those 'trump dollars'

i dont get it.. trump is the most evil person in the world and we must 'resist'.. but yet, any wealth gained by his policies are all well and good ?

Emphasis mine. Once again, BV, this assertion you make is incorrect. I explained this to you already but, like your bwoy Trump, you spew assertions with no facts to back them up.
April 06, 2017 07:58PM
bigvein
you just proved my point, in that trump is part of your equation that results in some type of measurable market growth.
without trump, we wouldnt be talking about record markets or consumer confidence.

think about it, how much more money is circulating because employer and tax payer aca mandates have seen 'softly' removed ? softly means still part of the law yet not enforced.
lets not even start talking about energy contracts being signed, jobs created, etc, etc.
alot more people around these parts walking with a little more pep in their step.

The only point that's been proven by this post is that, for any number of reasons, you are having reading comprehension problems. Try again.
April 06, 2017 08:04PM
you are a software engineer... and if you are worth your paycheck you are probably making north of 150k , maybe even
200k..
dev/ops leads and lead sys admins are making as much, and they usually make less than devs.
on top of that, you probably contribute to your employers 401k or some other investment/retirement fund.
it is through those investments that you have seen some type of boost.

Walter
bigvein

Emphasis mine. Once again, BV, this assertion you make is incorrect. I explained this to you already but, like your bwoy Trump, you spew assertions with no facts to back them up.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2017 08:06PM by bigvein.
April 06, 2017 08:17PM
you started off your post by admitting the market views trump and a republican congress as business friendly.
why should i respond to the rest of your post when you off-the-top admit that trump(without any political pushbacks)
is seen as good for the economy. surely you dont agree, but the market surely does..
it is only due to these initial "defeats" that the market is starting to cool.

Walter
bigvein

The only point that's been proven by this post is that, for any number of reasons, you are having reading comprehension problems. Try again.
April 06, 2017 09:04PM
bigvein
you started off your post by admitting the market views trump and a republican congress as business friendly.
why should i respond to the rest of your post when you off-the-top admit that trump(without any political pushbacks)
is seen as good for the economy. surely you dont agree, but the market surely does..

I am beginning to understand now -- you're not really interested in the exchange of ideas, you are cherry picking phrases that *appear* to support your opinion, even when they don't. Picking things out o context leads to communication errors.

A couple of points, which I will try to bulletize for brevity:

- You say "you started off your post by admitting the market views trump and a republican congress as business friendly." This is incorrect. Here's what I said (with added emphasis): "... the stock market rise (6% since the inauguration as of a few weeks ago) is NOT due to Trump -- it's risen in spite of Trump. Two things are driving the bull market: 1) Wall St is betting that now that the R's control both the legislative and executive branches of government, a slate of business-friendly legislation would be passed and signed into law by the Orange Rubber Stamp and 2) Obama's policies resulted in a market record was one of the best since WWII - stocks rose an average of 12% a year during Obama's two terms, according to S&P Global. That ranks Obama 3rd among the 12 men who have served as president since World War II, based on the performance of the S&P 500. Only Clinton (under whom stocks rose 14.9% a year over 8 years) and Gerald Ford (18.6% annualized during his 29 months in office) presided over better markets." Think market inertia.

- You are conflating "Wall St" for the national economy and that is a mistake. They are not interchangeable.
April 07, 2017 04:52PM
I thought this post was about Scratch? Not $cratch!
April 07, 2017 04:56PM
so is he just playing in the dancehall?
April 07, 2017 05:17PM
Reggabe
I thought this post was about Scratch? Not $cratch!

thumbs up
April 10, 2017 05:25PM
I thought this thread was about Big Vein not Big -what- rhymes- with-Venus?

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 06:14PM by papaken.
April 10, 2017 05:34PM
cleanest?
April 10, 2017 06:02PM
papaken
I thought this article was about Big Vein not Big -what- rhymes- with-Venus?

careful now or you may get first dan aikido'd in this bee-eye!!

come at me bro!!!
April 10, 2017 06:16PM
straight to BV's head! the above the chest onesmiling bouncing smiley
April 10, 2017 09:12PM
i'm on that infowars bone broth.. so anything you throw at me, i completely evade or it just bounces off me like what!!

come at me bro!!
April 12, 2017 03:12AM
well freakn a... i was really looking forward to following bernie's lead and having my taxes reduced to 13%.. but instead of focusing on domestic issues and tax reductions, we are back to lobbing missiles at some camels and aspirin factories in the dessert.

i think i'll join the rest of the masses and focus on love n hip-hop or atlanta housewives.. how depressing..

Walter
bigvein

I am beginning to understand now -- you're not really interested in the exchange of ideas, you are cherry picking phrases that *appear* to support your opinion, even when they don't. Picking things out o context leads to communication errors.

A couple of points, which I will try to bulletize for brevity:

- You say "you started off your post by admitting the market views trump and a republican congress as business friendly." This is incorrect. Here's what I said (with added emphasis): "... the stock market rise (6% since the inauguration as of a few weeks ago) is NOT due to Trump -- it's risen in spite of Trump. Two things are driving the bull market: 1) Wall St is betting that now that the R's control both the legislative and executive branches of government, a slate of business-friendly legislation would be passed and signed into law by the Orange Rubber Stamp and 2) Obama's policies resulted in a market record was one of the best since WWII - stocks rose an average of 12% a year during Obama's two terms, according to S&P Global. That ranks Obama 3rd among the 12 men who have served as president since World War II, based on the performance of the S&P 500. Only Clinton (under whom stocks rose 14.9% a year over 8 years) and Gerald Ford (18.6% annualized during his 29 months in office) presided over better markets." Think market inertia.

- You are conflating "Wall St" for the national economy and that is a mistake. They are not interchangeable.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 03:15AM by bigvein.
April 18, 2017 04:05AM
bigvein
i'm curious.. outside of black ark, what do reggae fans find appealing about LSP ?

i can only list one LSP song that i would not skip through, which would be 'dreadlocks in moonlight'

beyond that, LSP as a singer just isnt my cup.

thoughts ?

I agree, and find his whole persona to be annoying, although he has done some decent dub work with Mad Professor in the U.K. As a singer/artist, he's trash.
April 18, 2017 05:32PM
Enjoy your Tech Convention broeye rolling smiley
Livin the good life

bigvein
thanks for the kind gesture, but i live a very good life. no need for donations to finance my movements.

plus my summer starts in mid may with a trip to a miami for an annual tech convention.
after that i will be in nyc for another annual meeting which takes place the same week as snwmf.

spliffp

bigvein
here's a thought..

s3izone

[url=

]Lee perry live[/url]

[url=

?list=RD3wPgfdXIQQo]Lee[/url][/quote][/quote][/quote][/quote]
April 18, 2017 07:01PM
Pulling this thread out of the politisphere...

This is one of my favorite tracks by LSP, and one of the first reggae rhythms to spring from rocksteady. Also one of the first to get the "version" treatment, and even a toasting type treatment by Lee as "Lord Defender" in Set Them Free (also a favorite cut), a continuation of sorts to Prince Buster's Judge Dread. This was after his slack lyrics on ska tracks days and before the stream-of-consciousness gibberish that he favors these days - actually some very good lyrical themes going on!

April 24, 2017 03:40PM
The works with white belly rats is some of my favorite stuff. Panic in Babylon.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login