Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Roger Steffens - Apr. 20 in L.A. - The Family Acid Jamaica w/ The Lions

Posted by Peacemakeya 
Roger Steffens - Apr. 20 in L.A. - The Family Acid Jamaica w/ The Lions
April 10, 2017 09:37PM
The Standard Hotel in Hollywood is hosting a party to celebrate 4/20 and the publication of my new book of 40 years of Jamaican photographs, The Family Acid Jamaica. Food and drink is available (sadly, not free as I had once thought; but "edibles" will be there too). Featured will be a great reggae band called The Lions who will play in fine rootical style. It's from 7-10 pm on Sunset Boulevard and I hope you can join me April 20 for a fun night with lots of fascinating people and good vibes.

For those of you out of town/state receiving this, information on TFA Ja can be found at

Meantime, my major study of Bob Marley's life will finally be published by W. W. Norton on July 11. It's called So Much Things To Say: The Oral History of Bob Marley, on which I've been working for 15 years. It's getting nice early reviews and is available for pre-order on amazon.com. This is the blurb chosen for the front cover:

"There has never been and will never be anything quite like this; Reggae's chief eye-witness dropping testimony on Reggae's chief prophet, with truth, blood and fire."
- Marlon James, Booker Prize-winning author of A Brief History of Seven Killings

One Heart,
Roger

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2017 10:42PM by Peacemakeya.
Re: Roger Steffens - July 11 in L.A. - The Family Acid Jamaica w/ The Lions
April 10, 2017 09:54PM
yesterday while wasting time watching tv, i put on the you tube video of rojah interviewing peter tosh.
while most journalists would have shrunken back scared of tosh's response and vibe.. rojah just looked him
steadfast in the eye as if taming a lion..

big up rojah each and every time..
Re: Roger Steffens - July 11 in L.A. - The Family Acid Jamaica w/ The Lions
April 11, 2017 10:18AM
He actually asked hard questions... Something we don't see anymore
Re: Roger Steffens - Apr. 20 in L.A. - The Family Acid Jamaica w/ The Lions
April 13, 2017 06:50PM
The Lions dubbin in the studio

Inna live basement session

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login