Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

KRS ONE

Posted by Ninja 
KRS ONE
April 12, 2017 04:37AM
seems like one of these years this artist should be on the invite list.. I can only imagine what he would do in the dance hall as well.
Re: KRS ONE
April 12, 2017 04:40AM
Aquaponics (ic) may trod for that
April 12, 2017 04:41AM
I just realized that last time this came up was a decade ago.. Man time flies.. and so do lyrical concepts from the BLAST MASTER
April 12, 2017 04:49AM
would be legend to catch at SNWMF
April 12, 2017 05:05AM
hmmm.. i am guessing no one here has been following the black conscious movement in the last year or so..
April 12, 2017 05:12AM
bring it..what's the words
April 12, 2017 05:18AM
just google, limiting your search results to the last 12 months..
April 12, 2017 05:38AM
i did a little and found mostly SA, steve biko storyline. Have to look tighter tomorrow. Bless
April 12, 2017 07:57AM
KRS-ONE and Shinehead all day every day.....you heard it here probably not first.
April 12, 2017 03:25PM
I would love and have been requesting a krs one/ mad lion/ shinehead booking for as long as I've been going which is around 10 years
April 12, 2017 03:27PM
without googling I assume you (BV) are talking about his support for Bambatta?
April 12, 2017 03:28PM
Yo Ninja............ Did you catch him at NW reggae in Pudding river that one year? It was the so hot the records warped year. That was crucial to say the least.
April 12, 2017 04:11PM
yes.. seems as if the black conscious community is not too fond of his dismissive response on the matter..
since you are aware of the situation, i am surprised you would propose bringing this artist to swmf.
i know how you feel about sizzla and his relations with mugabe, so its suprising you dont apply the same
standard to mr parker.
April 12, 2017 06:52PM
so someone is accused of a crime... some people think he did it and some people don't... if you don't believe he committed a crime you should what? Not be invited to work? Did anyone either accuse Mr Parker of either committing a crime himself or of covering up for a crime that has been committed? Apply this same standard to Mike Tyson, Bill Clinton or anyone of the EMCEE's committed of crimes from dealing drugs to the masses to committing armed robbery etc.

Yes I saw the Pudding River set.. was epic indeed.
April 12, 2017 07:25PM
Ninja
so someone is accused of a crime... some people think he did it and some people don't... if you don't believe he committed a crime you should what? Not be invited to work? Did anyone either accuse Mr Parker of either committing a crime himself or of covering up for a crime that has been committed? Apply this same standard to Mike Tyson, Bill Clinton or anyone of the EMCEE's committed of crimes from dealing drugs to the masses to committing armed robbery etc.

Afrika Bambaataa and KRS One tag team set!
April 12, 2017 07:34PM
papajoshua

why ?
April 12, 2017 07:38PM
Ninja

true colors indeed..
April 12, 2017 07:44PM
papajoshua
Ninja

more blessings..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/12/2017 08:25PM by bigvein.
April 12, 2017 07:56PM
Sorry im super sarcastic to a fault.
April 12, 2017 08:06PM
the stories heard from those in the community are just too horrific for me
to even play with that man's name.. sorry..
yeah no one knows exactly what happened or how long it happened, but for people to dismiss it with 'i dont give a F'
or 'no different than someone convicted of selling a dime bag', to me thats weak..
i know c parker is trying to be hip and all, but i think he should have handled the situation
with more respect..
April 12, 2017 08:23PM
bigvein
the stories heard from those in the community are just too horrific for me
to even play with that man's name.. sorry..
yeah no one knows exactly what happened or how long it happened, but for people to dismiss it with 'i dont give a F'
or 'no different than someone convicted of selling a dime bag', to me thats weak..
i know c parker is trying to be hip and all, but i think he should have handled the situation
with more respect..

110% agree.
April 12, 2017 08:40PM
When we had KRSwhen we had KRS come to the bay in 2011 we had him do a dancehall set and he rocked over classic reggae riddims. He embraced the idea and killed it. Was a joyful two nights !
April 12, 2017 08:47PM
BV... so is rape... people don't think Mike Tyson raped someone... some people do. Should you banned for not thinking he was guilty of rape? OJ was accused of cutting two peoples heads off.. bad as sexual crimes are cutting peoples heads off is probably worse. MANY people in the African American community think OJ is a douche, but they don't think he killed those people. Should they be banned for their thoughts and their dismissive attitude? This isn't people who have sold dime bags... Mumia Abu Jamal is convicted of Murder... not accused but convicted yet there are still plenty of people who support him and dismiss the charges against him as trumped up.. what about them? Buju is in prison for selling cocaine and while you might not think it is a big deal plenty of people have had their lives destroyed over the drugs trafficking.. what about the Blood Diamonds he supposedly also offered to trade in? How many souls lost their lives over those? I am not dismissing the accusation of people but if people accused someone I thought I knew like the back of my hand of something horrific like that I might react the same way.
April 12, 2017 08:56PM
thing is, lord jamar pointed out MANY key inconsistencies with AB's story.
mind you, these are inconsistencies that jamar witnesssed himself..
AB denied knowing certain people, and jamar confirmed that AB knew these people personally.

too many people from the bronx, bk, harlem, queens coming out supporting these claims against AB.. top it off with lord jamar
casting doubt on ABs story as well.. i dont know.. there is enough there for me to be a little hesitant
when calling out AB's name and anyone who just flat out supports the guy..
April 12, 2017 09:03PM
yes.. but now you should remember that AB is not KRS ONE... you are saying people shouldn't be pushing for KRS ONE because he thinks AB is innocent. I am saying people are free to think what they want and I am not trying to punish people for not agreeing with me. You and I have no stake in whether AB is guilty or innocent.. meaning if he is my life is the same.. if he isn't.. my life is the same. If this was your close personal friend you then you probably have a much higher threshold for what you consider proof.. Anyway, it isn't KRS just like Whoopi isn't Bill Cosby.
April 12, 2017 09:38PM
well anyone who defends stealing the innocence and life light from a little one, i cant support.
nothing you can say or do can convince me otherwise..
this guy and his 'hip hop father' are just clowns in my eyes..

straight!!
April 12, 2017 09:48PM
spliffp
Yo Ninja............ Did you catch him at NW reggae in Pudding river that one year? It was the so hot the records warped year. That was crucial to say the least.

oh yes, it was one of my records warping and so we stopped DJing until they framed in some shade. insanely hot.

i had never seen any hip hop performance in my life, until i caught krs-one at that festival. it would be so very hard to explain to jah bill or anyone else what was so powerful and moving about his performance; i was absolutely shocked myself at just how much his set moved & motivated me. it was an edifying set to say the least.

i was so very impressed with krs-one that i bought some CDs, but it's a different thing. i don't really care to listen to them at all. still, when he rolled through portland not too long after that festival, i just couldn't wait to take my 14 year old nephew to his first concert. we were both completely stoked about it!

unfortunately, it was a total let down when compared to his nwwrf performance. nonetheless, that festival set from him remains one of the VERY BEST musical performances of any kind i have ever taken in, and i'm super thankful for the experience.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
April 12, 2017 11:04PM
C'mon bigvein, KRS is not a clown! I think he looks at AB as a godfather, so it's probably pretty hard for him to swallow the accusations against AB. I don't know the details around it, but I do admit there seems to be a lot of people corroborating the accusations which is a shame for such a legend. But hey, I couldn't believe the Cosby stuff at first either!

Also, I don't think Mumia is guilty. I know he's been convicted, but many "convicted" felons have been proven innocent years later. Based on what I've read about the murder, I firmly believe Mumia took the fall for his brother, who probably was the actual killer. I think Mumia felt he was doing the honorable thing and didn't want to rat out his brother, which one can either agree or disagree with morally. Anyway, that's just my 2 cents about that...
April 13, 2017 05:14AM
On Mumia I agree but you know what... I have no idea... I am a guy who lives 3000 miles away who read some books etc. I think the idea that we can KNOW any of these people is laughable. We believe what fits our personal narrative. KRS is a clown? that is laughable.
April 14, 2017 02:10AM
I agree Ninja, the above is just my opinion based on what I've read and seen (from afar). And we all know what they say about opinions!
April 14, 2017 03:34PM
word Reggabe... I just don't believe in shunning people because of what they think about someone they don't know about... it would set a dangerous precedent.
April 16, 2017 09:46PM
Pope KRS with the coverup, disgusting.
April 17, 2017 02:21AM
Can someone post a transcript or a link to what KRS said or did? I'm not seeing it.
Thanks
April 17, 2017 05:16AM
DJ Jacques : WBLK Dancehall Massive
Can someone post a transcript or a link to what KRS said or did? I'm not seeing it.
Thanks

April 17, 2017 12:45PM
just go on you tube and punch in key words... results will give you context and the original interview where he said 'i dont give a f'
April 17, 2017 02:42PM
the type of hypocrisy is amazing to me. is it possible that he knows something about the dynamics at work that many of us simply don't? Strikkly the man has done more for generations of black people than any 100 artists have. He says he doesn't give a f about accusations and now he is the pope? Say it to him or keep your name out of his mouth. BV... you are speaking like he is the one accused or had some role in it. That is nonsense and you know that. You try to take a thread about wanting to see him perform and turn it into well he isn't against some one who is accused of doing terrible things 40 years ago is amazing to me. I hope no one that feels this way ever said anything crazy in their entire lives. It is funny to me that when KRS spoke out about 9.11 and said Hip Hop didn't care no one seemed to speak up.. now in the gotcha social media age we got hypocrites with big bag a chat talking all kinds of noise about what famous person said this and that. I hope we don't have anyone who denies his
April 17, 2017 03:28PM
ninja.. question.. have you even listened to the original nore podcast where KRS flat out dismisses the AB situation ?
April 17, 2017 03:47PM
nope.. I am just assuming he said exactly what you are claiming he said. I am saying even if it is the case it doesn't matter because he wasn't involved. He is just saying he believes his friend. It is the same as Whoopi saying she thinks Bill Cosby is innocent. Do I think he is innocent? Nope, but I don't think anyone who doesn't agree with me endorses the rape of women. If now you have to acknowledge the guild of others or you are just as bad as them we are in a whole new world.
April 17, 2017 03:48PM
“Some of us are infallible,” KRS-One said. “Some of us are going to have to be untouchable or our entire culture is going to fall. Our culture cannot fall on the accusations of four people, that’s weak.

That statement alone ends any credibility KRS One might have ever had. If someone is going to defend against pedophilia accusations by suggesting that the person is "infallible" their logic is seriously messed up. for KRS to defend a pedophile makes him just as bad as the pedophile themselves.

[www.spin.com]
April 17, 2017 04:11PM
i understand your reasoning, but for me, i listened to the accusers.. i listened to the community.. i listened to krs and and to ab.
i may have become a little emotionally attached after listening to the accusers and to the outrage of the local community.
mind you, my attachment is from 3000 miles away.. krs knows ALL these people personally for years.. for him to
just irreverently tell these guys to f off... and he was straight cocky about it.. no humbleness at all in his response.
at a minimum show a little sympathy.. especially when it comes stealing the life light of a child..
krs is whatever to me now and i am glad a couple more people on this site have seen the light..

Ninja
nope.. I am just assuming he said exactly what you are claiming he said. I am saying even if it is the case it doesn't matter because he wasn't involved. He is just saying he believes his friend. It is the same as Whoopi saying she thinks Bill Cosby is innocent. Do I think he is innocent? Nope, but I don't think anyone who doesn't agree with me endorses the rape of women. If now you have to acknowledge the guild of others or you are just as bad as them we are in a whole new world.
April 17, 2017 04:30PM
ninja.. what is your opinion on the krs tune, "13 n good"
April 17, 2017 05:02PM
[tinyurl.com]

this interview by one of the accusers and addresses the krs comments..

Dr Suess
“Some of us are infallible,” KRS-One said. “Some of us are going to have to be untouchable or our entire culture is going to fall. Our culture cannot fall on the accusations of four people, that’s weak.

That statement alone ends any credibility KRS One might have ever had. If someone is going to defend against pedophilia accusations by suggesting that the person is "infallible" their logic is seriously messed up. for KRS to defend a pedophile makes him just as bad as the pedophile themselves.

[www.spin.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/17/2017 05:05PM by bigvein.
April 17, 2017 07:13PM
my opinion on that tune is there are young people who look a lot older than they actually are. In this case she was 13.. I have a daughter who is 11... if anyone went near her I would chop them up into little pieces... with a big rusty blade.

as to defending a pedophile.. he isn't defending a pedophile he is defending the culture of Hip Hop against what he sees as attempt to discredit one of the pillars that holds up the whole house. It is like someone defending Bill Cosby because they don't want the narrative of the upper middle class black family existing to be seen as a fantasy. I don't think it is as simple as you are making it because he is not a simple person. It is like when he said that Hip Hop didn't care when the twin towers fell. Was he saying that he didn't care? Was he saying that rappers and people who rap didn't care or was he speaking for a culture by basically saying the people who make up the Hip Hop culture have had bad things happening to them and their community for the last 50 years (well beyond that) and so when they see bad things happen to the wealthy they don't think anything of it. He often times speaks for the entire Hip Hop culture and I take it that is more what he was saying than he doesn't care what AB does or that AB would never do that stuff.
April 17, 2017 07:19PM
AND... how many people in this forum and on social media have you seen say that Buju was framed? Buju is locked down for trying to deal in coke. how many people have died in that business? Buju was claiming he could get blood diamonds.. how many black Africans die terrible deaths and suffer endlessly for the acquisition of these diamonds? How many people are killed by the arms they are used to purchase? All of this and I still see Free Buju all over the net. NOW.. I don't know if he did this or not but I am sure there are artist playing this show who think he didn't do any of it. Does this mean they are just as guilty of supporting cocaine trafficking and the blood diamond industry? I believe it was Stephen Marley who at his trial said Buju was a cultural icon as if this has anything to do with whether or not he should go to prison. I just find it strange who people decide to defend and whom they throw to the wolves.
April 17, 2017 07:59PM
people view coke dealings as a transaction between two consenting adults.
so thats probably why buju's sin is seen as less severe than what sandusky, etc are dealing in..
what these sandusky types are dealing in really is in a totally different class than some drugs business.
what sandusky and them are dealing in is stealing a young one's soul...
much different than some guy buying coke or whatever, so him and his adult girlfriend can
have wild intercourse all weekend blowed out of their mind on some high grade powder..

regarding blood diamonds... arent we all dealing in some type of blood diamond business..
for example, the materials used for your computer, your clothes, basically any/all things at our local
grocer/store... are all things made by cheap slave labor.. slave labor that includes children as young as
3.... these people work in conditions that result in daily deaths or long term health issues..

Ninja
AND... how many people in this forum and on social media have you seen say that Buju was framed? Buju is locked down for trying to deal in coke. how many people have died in that business? Buju was claiming he could get blood diamonds.. how many black Africans die terrible deaths and suffer endlessly for the acquisition of these diamonds? How many people are killed by the arms they are used to purchase? All of this and I still see Free Buju all over the net. NOW.. I don't know if he did this or not but I am sure there are artist playing this show who think he didn't do any of it. Does this mean they are just as guilty of supporting cocaine trafficking and the blood diamond industry? I believe it was Stephen Marley who at his trial said Buju was a cultural icon as if this has anything to do with whether or not he should go to prison. I just find it strange who people decide to defend and whom they throw to the wolves.
April 17, 2017 09:09PM
BV say

people view coke dealings as a transaction between two consenting adults. so thats probably why buju's sin is seen as ....>.... much different than some guy buying coke or whatever, so him and his adult girlfriend can have wild intercourse all weekend blowed out of their mind on some high grade powder..

Bull Cah Cah! ... predators - be they gifted singer pushing poison substances or sex predators pon the little children - is all part of psychopath spectrum disorder. The word penitentiary got 'penitence' in it for a reason. Yea ... sorry for the many wrongfully convicted but those there for law-of-the-jungle mentality need face themselves & also give thanks for whatever still stand as a mercyfull land of 2nd chances.

re: Blood Minerals - valid point still but IMO different than all a wi stuck in the global economy. Sure it's a good thing to go off the grid ... but r u & is it attainable tomorrow? In these times we - rich & poor - we all in the same boat & getting jumpy to tip the boat help nuttin ... cool heads need prevail

Yabby You

Don't listen to a man's words; Watch how him flex
April 17, 2017 09:31PM
a drug deal is between two people.. how did the drugs get from the earth in Peru to the pockets of a cat in Florida? Many people died along the way and the war over who's coke you are dealing leaves people headless and lifeless by the thousands. It is all wickedness. I would say though again.. this post was about KRS ONE.. is anyone accusing him of touching kids or actively covering up for someone committing a crime? Did the guy destroy evidence? Did he do anything against the law? I mean this is WAY out of hand for someone who didn't do anything.
April 18, 2017 03:05PM
Bam is a pillar? Please.. the guy simply jacked a Kwaftwerk track and threw some lyrics on top of it.
He didnt sample. He didn't re-work the track into his own(a la Premiere or Red Alert)..
He just flipped over a Kraftwerk 45 and layed some lyrics over the instrumental.
Bam is Jamaican, so I understand what he is doing with the chant over someone elses track thing..
But to call him a pillar is a reach.
If anything, Herc is more of a pillar than Bam.
April 18, 2017 03:09PM
more responses to come.. but a clever software engineer deployed the wrong commit.. and now
we have to clean up that mess..

:-)
April 18, 2017 03:59PM
Yes Bam is a pillar.. and so is Kool Herc.. it is a BIG building. the way you simplify that Bam's contribution to Hip Hop culture is makes it sound like Hip Hop is only about music.. Music is one of like 5 things that makes up Hip Hop culture. His contribution to the Zulu Nation alone would make him a pillar.
April 18, 2017 04:28PM
[en.wikipedia.org]

For those that don't know.. this is what makes the man a pillar
April 18, 2017 04:43PM
ok.. so we both understand the chain of events that leads to a drug deal.. from planting seeds, farming, harvesting, greasing govt officials to look the other way, street level guys robbing killing over turf, etc etc..
we also understand the chain of events
that usually occurs as a result of that transaction.. buyer uses utility money instead of buying children necessities, buyer selling themselves to support habit, etc, etc..

the general population doesnt take a step back and look at things in such a way..
all they see is the crime charged.. and the crime as applied to buju isnt that bad.
on a surface level, the guy was simply 'caught' in a drugs transaction.
that 'stigma' the public can overlook and easily forgive. the mental image
of a drugs transaction isnt a big deal to most.. it's glorified in movies, in some communities, in music.
its not a big deal.

now, have the sandusky label applied to you, and watch everyone run 10000 miles away and never look back.
that mental image is just against everything that's seen as decent in our society.. so much that we apply the harshest criminal and societal penalties to these type of offenders.

let me ask you this.. have you ever walked into you bredrins home or any commerical establishment, and on the wall hangs a picture of
scarface, goodfellas, casino, or whatever criminal movie poster ?
more than likely you have, and more than likely you didnt walk away in protest.
even knowing that those movies are true(or very close to true) depictions of real life people/events.
even knowing that death, destruction, and sadness are the fruits of these criminal types.
even with you knowing all that, you still dealt with your bredrin or the establishment, knowing
full well they are endorsing a level of ultimate evil.

now, in that same scenario, replace those posters with posters of some type of sandusky type offense.
you would immediately run out, never dealing with that bredin or establishment ever again.

now with that you can see why buju gets a pass.. but after checking into the bam accusations and seeing krs somewhat co-signing his bredrins actions.. you can see why people are somewhat distancing themselves from krs.. regardless if he has lyrics for days.. no one wants to attach themselves to that kind of foolery period..

Ninja
a drug deal is between two people.. how did the drugs get from the earth in Peru to the pockets of a cat in Florida? Many people died along the way and the war over who's coke you are dealing leaves people headless and lifeless by the thousands. It is all wickedness. I would say though again.. this post was about KRS ONE.. is anyone accusing him of touching kids or actively covering up for someone committing a crime? Did the guy destroy evidence? Did he do anything against the law? I mean this is WAY out of hand for someone who didn't do anything.
April 18, 2017 04:54PM
Ninja
[en.wikipedia.org]

For those that don't know.. this is what makes the man a pillar

would you be so willing to call out his name and call the man a pillar
if you found out this was all a cover to have little ones around him?

a means to wield power in the hood, and have his way with disenfranchised/powerless youths?
April 18, 2017 04:58PM
i think i have made my point.. the floor is now yours counselor.
April 18, 2017 06:49PM
I think you are misunderstanding me.. he is a pillar.. doesn't matter what else he has done. It is like saying that Bill Cosby is an Icon in comedy. He may also be a rapist.. In the case of AB.. he is a pillar.. he might also be a pedophile. I think we are on the same page. It would be like if Kool Herc had done this... would the answer to who was the first Hip Hop DJ change? Or would you just say the first Hip Hop DJ was also a scumbag? If you found out that Shabba Ranks had done something like this and I asked you who was the biggest thing in Dancehall in the late 80's and early 90's... or in OJ's case.. should he not be in the Hall of Fame for his football playing days?
April 18, 2017 07:34PM
yeah, i get what you are saying.. to me though, if someone steals the light of a little one, at that point their name is mud.
i'm just not positively recognizing that person ever again..
regardless of their cultural/professional achievements..

big up the reasoning still..

Ninja
I think you are misunderstanding me.. he is a pillar.. doesn't matter what else he has done. It is like saying that Bill Cosby is an Icon in comedy. He may also be a rapist.. In the case of AB.. he is a pillar.. he might also be a pedophile. I think we are on the same page. It would be like if Kool Herc had done this... would the answer to who was the first Hip Hop DJ change? Or would you just say the first Hip Hop DJ was also a scumbag? If you found out that Shabba Ranks had done something like this and I asked you who was the biggest thing in Dancehall in the late 80's and early 90's... or in OJ's case.. should he not be in the Hall of Fame for his football playing days?
April 18, 2017 07:44PM
sure his name may be mud.. but what he built is not. it is bigger than him.. bringing it back to the point.. I think KRS was more worried that by attacking Bamabatta you would be destroying are harming the legacy of Hip Hop culture as a whole. At least that is what I would hope he would be arguing. I hope the whole thing is false.. but like most knowledge that exists... I will never know.
April 19, 2017 09:39PM
How can anybaddy claim cocaine an ok fun thing? Chokebrain responsible for millions dead & many millions lives destroyed.

And on the music intent ... Ya nah get it?

Yabby 'Viv Jackson' You

Don't listen to a man's words (or stuperficially sweet rhydms), watch how him flex

Yah nah see it? The elder who betray this Urt had one of the most beautiful soprano vocals in this celestial sector

Boethius (480 - 524 AD)

Music is a part of us, and either ennobles or degrades our behaviour

Buju has blood on his hands & need find his penitence in the penitentiary ... and all them gloryfrying thugdeath ... ya can fool some but who the ultimate FOOL ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 01:14AM by Peacemakeya.
April 20, 2017 05:02AM
We are the ones prophesized to return
My main concern is for all of you to learn
How to live, yes through the lyrics I give and send my friend
This age is coming to an end -
Not the world - but the age is ending. (ending)
Listen to the astrological message I'm sending (I'm sending) (Tell 'em.)
Truth is truth, whether or not you like me:
We are living now in the age of Pisces
When Pisces is over, at the year two thousand
When the Sun of God changes his house and
Enters the Age of Aquarius
The Sun of God as man is hilarious (okay)
When you think of Jesus, think of the Sun
The flaming Sun, that's where they stole this concept from
Stop believing and read your bible logically;
The New Testament is really old astrology
Jesus is the son of God - no lie -
But they might be talking about the Sun up in the sky
The Sun that hangs on the cross of the Zodiac
The Zodiac with twelve signs to be exact
Each sign is a house, and you should keep in mind
Each house equals, a period of time
The time: two thousand years and that's a fact -
It's called an age or a house in the Zodiac
The twelve disciples are twelve months of reason
The four gospels signify the four seasons
When Jesus fed the multitude with two fishes
It signified the Age of Pisces, not fish on dishes
If you read the bible astrologically it's clearer, (no doubt)
The next age will be the age of the water-bearer
It's called the Age of Aquarius, (word)
When logic and truth will take care of us
So in this age of spiritual dignity
You'll see a rise in femininity
And creativity, meshed with masculinity
You got to get with me, this is your true her-story (rrryyy!)
Do you wanna go higher...

KRS ONE
April 20, 2017 06:54PM
Let me say that after being a lifelong fan of Boogie Down Productions and KRS-1, his "conscious" lyrics etc, I am supremely disappointed at the man and how he has downplayed the accusations against Afrika Bambatta. I watched that interview of "Poppy" - one of the victims of AB, and was absolutely horrified. If this is all true, it's truly sickening.

KRS-1 has unfortunately gone off the deep end with his dealings in freemasonry too. Dude is lost...
April 20, 2017 09:48PM
probably not as disappointed by people continued bashing of a guy for just saying he doesn't believe something. I guess having alternative views is enough to make you and outcast.. and I don't mean 3 stacks. If I don't think OJ did it are people going to accuse me of supporting murder by blade?
April 20, 2017 10:37PM
Dunno if you watched that interview with Poppy, who was part of the Zulu nation, ninja...The man talked about how this stuff has been out in the open for many, many years. He said he looked up to AB as a father figure...Why would someone lie about being sexually molested and face the shame of opening up about this ugliness? As far as KRS-1 is concerned, he knows what happened, and the fact that he basically said "f this" speaks volumes about him as a human being. True hip hop culture will always exist...with or without AB, KRS-1 ...what's more important- protecting the image of one deeply troubled man or finding out the truth and helping many victims find peace, solace and have justice served?
April 20, 2017 11:41PM
If you care more about "hip hop culture" than justice for children who have been abused you are a terrible human being. Screw KRS One, he's no better than a child molester himself
April 20, 2017 11:57PM
That's a great song quote from KRS, ninja. It falls right in line with what the guys from the film 'Zeitgeist' were saying...
April 21, 2017 05:25PM
bless Reggabe...

So Ras James... 5/6 of reggae singers are no better than coke dealers, people who hang gays from trees or run them off piers to watch them drown. 9/10 of Muslims are no better than the people cutting off heads and 99 % of Christians are no better than the Klan and the Tim McVeigh types.. your reasoning is lacking on this matter. Someone who doesn't think someone is guilty of something or sees that the guilt of one is going to be used to cast a wider net is not the same as the person who is doing the thing. Not by a long shot.
April 21, 2017 06:00PM
Your argument makes no sense Ninja...

If the Imam at my masjid was molesting kids I wouldn't give 2 craps about "muslim culture" nor would I be so dismissive of multiple accusers.

Notice KRS didn't even say that the accusations were false, just a rant Bout hip hop culture and how certain people are above reproach. Screw that, no human being is above reproach.
April 21, 2017 06:12PM
"he's no better than a child molester himself"

That statement makes no sense....

A person that didn't molest a child is better than a person that molests children. This statement makes sense.
April 21, 2017 07:05PM
what I am saying is if someone approached you and asked you a question like do you believe in Sharia Law.. and you sensed they were trying to paint you into a corner in a way they could demonize all Muslim people then if you suspected they were simply doing research on Sharia. If you felt the goal was to not know about your individual beliefs but rather to gain "evidence" to strengthen their position that all Muslims are two steps away from being ISIS you may in fact answer in a way that defends your faith as opposed to what you personally feel.
April 22, 2017 10:10AM
I grew up a huge KRS One fan back during his prime, but safe today he done flipped his lid years ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login