Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

OT J Geils

Posted by bigvein 
OT J Geils
April 13, 2017 10:25PM
Re: OT J Geils
April 18, 2017 07:07PM
Wow - first I've heard of this! They were one of the best live acts for sure. Another one gone on to the next...
April 18, 2017 07:13PM
yeah.. i remember being in elementary school and they always played these songs on 'the mighty 690'
when 690am was a pop station..

:-)
April 19, 2017 04:23PM
J. Geils Band?? Two words -- Monkey Island.
April 19, 2017 09:59PM
With lyrics like this it was easy for me to ignore them:

Years go by I'm lookin' through a girly magazine
And there's my homeroom angel on the pages in-between
My blood runs cold
My memory has just been sold
My angel is the centerfold
Angel is the centerfold

Love that reggae!
April 19, 2017 10:32PM
i was probably 6 or 7 when that song came out.. i seem to remember he was talking about center field.. or whatever..
April 19, 2017 10:54PM
lol! BV that has happened to me so many times in my life i've stopped counting. Once had a blow out argument over the lyrics to the grateful dead tune 'loser', 'don't you push me baby, blank blank blank blank.' it was hilarious, we were both wrong. for me it just reinforces that much of the power of music is the instruments, even the voice as instrument, rather than the meaning of the words necessarily.

Love that reggae!
April 19, 2017 11:10PM
nomotrouble
With lyrics like this it was easy for me to ignore them:

What's wrong with those lyrics? I think the point was it changes your perception when you KNOW the centerfold. winking smiley
April 19, 2017 11:55PM
i thought the point was your dream girl is now the dream of every 13 year old boy in the country. Hey it was a very popular song, i guess lots of people could relate.

Love that reggae!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login