Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A Lion Awakes: The Roots of the Reggae Revival

Posted by ras2thebone 
May 02, 2017 01:45AM

"It's definitely going down at midnghtraverblog.com right now!"

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2017 01:49AM by ras2thebone.
Re: A Lion Awakes: The Roots of the Reggae Revival
May 02, 2017 05:25AM
I am really glad this article mentions Midnite, because ever since I started hearing about this "Reggae Revival" thing I couldn't help but think that Midnite was truly the band that brought real roots reggae back to the forefront and made it popular again. Thanks for posting!
May 03, 2017 02:05PM
Give thanks for posting that 2013 Midnight Raver article about the "REGGAE REVIVAL". Below is a link to another "REGGAE REVIVAL" article from 2015 in Vogue Magazine. We are now in 2017, and some of us are still wondering what this "REGGAE REVIVAL" is about. If you are still in doubt, try to experience Chronixx at SNWMF next month. Then they might just get it. I am not saying this because I am a Chronixx supporter and once represented him. I just think that some of us are way out of touch and stuck in the past.

Vogue Magazine on The REGGAE REVIVAL
May 04, 2017 06:28PM
Great article, although I think the complete teardown of late 80s/early 90s dancehall was a bit unnecessary. But maybe I just see it differently as those were the years I was coming into reggae and guys like Shabba and Ninja were massive favorites (still are).

respect
May 04, 2017 11:29PM
Shabba!!!! Boom
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login