Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RIP Gregg Allman

Posted by Ras_Adam 
RIP Gregg Allman
May 27, 2017 08:57PM
Re: RIP Gregg Allman
May 27, 2017 10:27PM
The first band i ever loved. I know exactly where i was when i first heard the Allmans 'Midnite Rider', in the student lounge at the University of Alaska in Fairbanks. Fortunately i moved to the bay area and saw the band perform many times, even videotaped them at the Fox Theater. RIP Gregg, Butch, Duane, and the rest who have passed.

Love that reggae!
May 29, 2017 09:59PM

I was a southern rocker girl in my teens. Allman Brothers, Skynyrd, Marshall Tucker, Outlaws, Molly Hatchet, Blackfoot, Charlie Daniels, etc....

Gregg Allman is my fav male vocalist. Their influence was old southern BLUES.

Fortunate that I got the meet some of them as well as some of Skynyrd in South Jax Beach in the mid 80s, THE WEST SIDE IS THE BEST SIDE.

RIP: GREGG ALLMAN!

RiverCreek (Riv Mancuso) aka Robbinjaye
May 31, 2017 04:11PM
"Gregg Allman is my fav male vocalist. Their influence was old southern BLUES.

Fortunate that I got the meet some of them as well as some of Skynyrd in South Jax Beach in the mid 80s, THE WEST SIDE IS THE BEST SIDE."

Robbinjaye, I grew up in the 50s/60s in Duval County, and was hearing Gregg and his brother numerous times live there, before AAB got signed to a record contract. And Lynyrd Skynrd was the first band I ever sat in on, waaaay back when Nixon was in his first year as Prez.

An enormous musical influence, Duane and his younger brother----they only confirmed for me I should continue listening to blues/soul music, which they----unlike most of the area's white rock musicians at the time---clearly carried deeply, as only those with a true calling show.

And given THAT, it's why I consider Mr. JJ Grey(ALSO of Duval County) the most significant white rock vocalist out of the South since Gregg---he's that good.
June 02, 2017 03:56PM

Wow, Duval County. I MISS FLORIDA. Those were good times. They really shaped the south as far as southern tunes. That will always be in my heart.

Thank the lord for good music. Thanks for sharing.

The Lynyrd Skynyrd bar there in Jax had changed their name to... The Still. (spelling). Do you know if it's still there.?

I'll have to check out JJ for I don't know if I am familiar with him.

RiverCreek (Riv Mancuso) aka Robbinjaye

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2017 11:12PM by RobbinJaye.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login