Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

rototom Spain lineup

Posted by Ras_Adam 
rototom Spain lineup
May 31, 2017 03:01AM
Re: rototom Spain lineup
May 31, 2017 04:08AM
Alpha, Chronixx, and African Head Charge on the 18th? Sounds awesome!
May 31, 2017 03:54PM
Thanks for sharing. Definitely gonna watch the free live stream.
May 31, 2017 04:14PM
U ROY MEETS BIG YOUTH , W/ MAD PROFESSOR?!?!

Musical Earthquake in the making....
May 31, 2017 04:22PM
Rototom is about at the top right now as far as Euro festivals go....It's an impressive lineup -there is a heavyweight headliner at the end of every day and sometimes two each day....I give thanks for the continued popularity of Sierra Nevada and Reggae on the River and the give thanks for all the hard work that goes into both shows.....Reggae just doesn't have the popularity here as it has in parts of Europe -there could never be an eight day fest pulled off in California , much less any other part of the US....I'll just keep my head down , shut up and listen to Texas Country rock and rap..

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
May 31, 2017 05:21PM
In Europe they subsidize & fund the arts including reggae tests not like our govt that guts the NEA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/02/2017 04:54PM by Ras_Adam.
May 31, 2017 05:31PM
New to posting on the bored but have followed along for a couple years now. Making my 3rd trip to Spain this summer, but this will be my first time attending Rototom. Gonna be there for Sunday through closing Saturday and I'm hoping its gonna be epic. They just added Lutan Fyah and Turbulence yesterday and today. Sierra Nevada will be a great primer in about 20 days.
June 02, 2017 04:07PM
In Europe they find the arts including reggae tests not like our govt that guts the NEA

Yes Ras Adam, you got that right....I remember driving from Boonville to Ukiah in 2006 with CVP and Willie Williams- and Willie and I were talking about his experience and how much different it is in Europe and Canada as opposed to the US in regards to the Arts- how much more of a priority the Arts are in Europe and Canada

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
June 07, 2017 05:22AM
Had a chance to dj there a few years ago, played the ska tent, my time slot was 4-6 AM and the place was full right to the end. Very impressive event, huge crowd, multiple stages, great food, great herb, and people running it were nice. I don't think it's a bigger fest because of any governmental help - it's simply that you need a big turn out of young people for such things and the train station was packed with backpackers coming from all over. It looked like the average age was 15-20 years younger than at SNWMF. Reggae has an appeal to young people in Europe (and South America) that is lacking here.

SNWMF is much better in one important way though - the site. Rototom is in Eastern Spain which is hot and dry and brown anyway, and it's located in an industrial area, on the wrong side of a highway next to factories, a dump and a motocross stadium
June 13, 2017 01:19AM
Anyone else attending Rototom this year?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login