Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dezarie on tour

Posted by Ras Matches 
Dezarie on tour
June 06, 2017 08:56PM
She coming to Reggae on the River and Moes alley in Santa Cruz. Where else will she be?
Please update as the dates roll out, Thanks

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2017 04:35AM by Ras Matches.
Re: Dezarie on tour
June 06, 2017 08:59PM
August 3 @ Pickathon in Oregon
June 06, 2017 09:20PM
i just got the day after moe's off, will be there for sure, and ROTR.

Love that reggae!
June 06, 2017 10:47PM
Just got tix to moes. Gonna have to miss snwmf and likely rotr this year due to medical issues. Nothing too dire but significant enough.
bummer- I hit the last 5 yrs I think for snwmf. And rotr!
Rotr line up is relatively weak but river will be full
Snwmf line up looks great especially Friday night!
A reminder to make hay while sun is shining! Have fun at snwmf everyone - it's a real blessing!
June 09, 2017 02:07AM
Sense
Just got tix to moes. Gonna have to miss snwmf and likely rotr this year due to medical issues. Nothing too dire but significant enough.
bummer- I hit the last 5 yrs I think for snwmf. And rotr!
Rotr line up is relatively weak but river will be full
Snwmf line up looks great especially Friday night!
A reminder to make hay while sun is shining! Have fun at snwmf everyone - it's a real blessing!

We are all One so you will be there Sense, appreciate the good times at SNWMF with you my brother.

Does ROTR do one day tickets?

Giving thanks!
July 08, 2017 02:17AM
I am seeking California dates but she's also coming to Nectar Lounge in Seattle Thursday August 3rd.
This makes me feel better about her chances of making it to ROTR and Santa Cruz
July 08, 2017 04:17PM
walshy fan mix:
[soundcloud.com]
July 10, 2017 09:17AM
I'm not feeling good about this. I sure hope she does make the 2017 promoted dates. Folks'll be hollerin' if ROTR cancels her at the last minute. Wrong artist to bait &switch! Does anyone know if she has her VISA yet or is stateside already? Hearing she lives in Florida?
July 10, 2017 01:45PM
Pretty sure Dezarie is US citizen. She was on St Croix all the years I lived there. No VISA necessary to travel stateside.
July 10, 2017 11:38PM
She's from USVI, she's American, no visa needed. The only reason I'm going to ROTR is to see her, if I hear she's not there-I'm leaving right away. She's slated for Sunday afternoon around 4pm I think. I had tickets to 3 of her shows last year, but she cancelled all of them, then a hurricane cancelled her South American tour.
July 13, 2017 07:35PM
I know she was turned away in florida a few months back after refusing a secondary search

Respect Same Way
July 15, 2017 03:40AM
tahoearmada
I know she was turned away in florida a few months back after refusing a secondary search

If she was in FLA & turned away from FLA and doesn't need a Visa and/or is a U.S. citizen, where was she "turned away" to or from? Just wonderin from the thread posts. My main concern is that she doesn't have many shows scheduled around ROTR. This is usually a bad sign, as most of the artists will book additional shows at other venues around ROTR. On the other hand, Dezarie's traditionally kept a limited tour schedule, so maybe she will add more dates soon come? The only Cali date I can find for her besides ROTR is Santa Cruz on Aug. 10 @ Moe's. I'm on the fence this year with attending ROTR, but--like Ras Matches--would make a special trip to see her. Be a major disappointment is she's a no-show though. That's a RT 8 hr. drive for me. These last-minute lineup scratches and bait n' switches ah big bloodclot!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/15/2017 03:50AM by IRIEMON.
July 15, 2017 04:25AM
I am very confident we will be seeing Dezarie at Reggae on the River and at Moe's.

It's worth going to Reggae on the River just to see Nkulee Dube. I just watched her show from the last time she was there, 2013. Excellent. Who dem?

Love that reggae!
July 18, 2017 06:49PM
Iriemon: she was not allowed on the plane because she refused a secondary search... she was already in the states so thats not the issue

Respect Same Way
July 20, 2017 04:41AM
Just saw this!

[www.eventbrite.com]

Traveling from Portland.
July 25, 2017 11:20PM
July 26, 2017 06:45AM
I just listened to a radio interview with an organizer for Reggae on the River. They will have single day tickets available at the door. I will be there and Santa Cruz for sure.
July 27, 2017 08:11PM
July 29, 2017 02:32AM
Makeda wrote:
EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW TONIGHT W/ Garvey's Daughter and Roots Empress, Dezarie! Tune in at 8pm on 102.5FM. 100% Roots from St Croix!
JUST ADDED TO REGGAE SUMMERSPLASH 2017
TUNE IN ONLINE @8PM PST HERE --> [www.imer.mx]
July 31, 2017 10:42AM
Wasn't able to listen to the above broadcast. Is she being added to the San Diego Summer Splash on Aug. 19 or another fest of the same name? World Beat Cultural Center's (S.D.) flyers haven't been updated with such info yet.
July 31, 2017 03:47PM
from what little of the broadcast I heard, it sounds like she will be at the World Beat in SD for summersplash
August 01, 2017 10:17PM
nectar lounge seattle
August 01, 2017 10:50PM
Yes, Seattle is the first stop on this west coast swing, followed by an appearance the next day (8/4) at the Pickathon Festival in Happy Valley, Oregon...

August 04, 2017 07:12PM
What an amazing show last night....... Pure joy to see Ron and Dezarie on stage again, it's been to long for me. Don't miss this family.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2017 04:58AM by spliffp.
August 04, 2017 10:28PM
a Pickathon ticket for today...
Friday Ticket $125.00 1 $125.00
Processing Fees $10.72
Total $135.72

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
August 05, 2017 03:36AM
Pickathon LIVE Stream. Dezarie is on @ 10pm, pst.

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
August 05, 2017 04:30AM
Thanks for the link hoping to catch her tonight. Just got done enjoying kabaka on the reggae on the river live stream.
August 05, 2017 05:11AM
August 05, 2017 10:05PM
August 06, 2017 03:04PM
From Friday night at the Pickathon Festival in Happy Valley, Oregon:

Some things were meant to create unhappiness
To create conditions of hopelessness
And to make you feel breathless
In the midst of heathen be irie
When suddenly people come try we
Negative to bring down frequency
Close the door of no entry
Love in your meditation
Love is a medication
Give we education
Love bring a good vibration
Love overstands
August 07, 2017 06:44PM
What a set up at Reggae On The River yesterday:

Lots of smiles all the way through:

But make no mistake, this is one serious and powerful woman:

Next stop..... Santa Cruz!
August 07, 2017 06:54PM
Was absolutely thrilled to see it streaming last night. I love that most major fests offer some level of live streaming. I really miss the music, it great for those of us who have mobility issues or family work obligations.
August 08, 2017 02:33AM

Divide and rule had devised the plan
Superior, inferior and who is better than
To turn integers into fraction
Hatred between ones and ones like a decimal
Subtraction and subdivision
Cause you're nothing but a number to the system....
August 08, 2017 02:44AM
What a show it was! No one had a bigger smile than me, it's still on my face today. Ron told me they are going to try and play for three hours on thursday at Moe's. Spliffp put it right, great to see these two on stage together. When i heard that bass, my body remembered it.

Love that reggae!
August 09, 2017 04:21AM
Omg, Dezarie brought ROTR to it's knees! Seriously one of the best shows I've seen in years, if not my lifetime. She was everything I was hoping for and more. During one song I literally had tears running down my cheeks, and a woman near me noticed and said she and several others were affected the same way. Amazing! I need to order my Moe's ticket ASAP...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2017 02:46AM by Reggabe.
August 09, 2017 09:19AM
nomotrouble
What a show it was! No one had a bigger smile than me, it's still on my face today. Ron told me they are going to try and play for three hours on thursday at Moe's. Spliffp put it right, great to see these two on stage together. When i heard that bass, my body remembered it.

Not so sure about that Nomo...Daniel was pretty much floating and bouncing around like a little kid. Glad you two guys were there for that one. That show was truly amazing. She brought that serious Queen bizness.
August 09, 2017 03:59PM
This song makes me tear up every time. I was front row, she is amazingly beautiful with a voice and message just a beautiful. Santa Cruz will be great, you know how the Benjamins like to play long sets.

August 10, 2017 12:38AM
After listening to the tapes.....it was even better than i remembered. I will post the video of the crowd screaming for more, i saw it only once all weekend. Agreed with Reggabe....

'Raise a fist of fury fire, raise a fist of fury fire, raise a fist of fury fire'

I cannot wait until tomorrow night!

Love that reggae!
August 10, 2017 03:53AM

Love that reggae!
August 10, 2017 04:31AM
August 11, 2017 03:38PM
Glorious Dezarie show in Rasta Cruz last night. Ron sang. Last time i will willingly go to that venue, i won't even mention the name, as they required me, for the first time in my ten years of recording experience, to pay a two hundred dollar fee in cash to videotape. Didn't care whether the band wanted me to or not, no way, no how. I could not imagine leaving there without video, so i ponied up. Question is, what other artist would i have paid that fee for? Hard to think of any, so i am done with that rat hole.

The video will be sweet though. Two hour show.

Love that reggae!
August 11, 2017 05:23PM
Thanks nomo. I'm too busy and couldn't make it down last night. Sorry about the 200 fee but glad you made the video! Too bad about Moe's, I've never been there but they sure do get a lot of good reggae shows there.

Also, are you done with Akae Beka nomo? I've heard they've really improved since Midnite initially broke up. They're playing at the new Cornerstone club (haven't been there yet) in my hometown of Berkeley on Aug. 31. Should be a good one!
August 11, 2017 05:56PM
I caught NST & the soul sauce at Cornerstone in June and was very impressed with the venue. Big clean and an excellent sound system, so it should be a great new spot with lots of upcoming reggae shows...
August 11, 2017 07:13PM
This was my first time seeing Dezarie as I had to leave ROTR Sunday morning and her recent tour dates a few years ago were cancelled.

When I heard part of that ROTR show on KMUD I was super impressed and was hoping that the Moes Alley show would also be good.

Last night at Moe's was one of the best reggae shows I've ever seen. I aint exactly new to reggae either. Dezarie is super present and the combination of her and Ron is quite powerful.

Made me realize how integral to the appeal of Midnite Ron's bass has been for me. Akae Beka is good and hopefully keeps dialing it in, but Midnite was great and in great part due to Ron. Wonderful to see him (its been a long while) and experience his positive vibe and awesome bass playing up close and personal. Dezarie was very impressive - clear powerful voice, great vibe, deep, well thought out lyrics. They were both definitely feeding off of the good vibes from the crowd.

download the criminal , living ones, love in your meditation, all super solid. Moe's was ok, blows that they shook down Nomo for $, sound guy didnt address a buzzing cable/bass issue for a long time which was a shame. regardless, despite its shortcomings Moe's is a decent venue for me, love the patio and ability to find space and generally the appreciative and respectful crowds there.

Good to see familiar faces, including Aztecrasta's, and nomo's at the venue. Cant wait to see the video, thanks for recording this.
August 11, 2017 07:15PM
I agree with Daniel regarding the Cornerstone. Very nice venue.
August 11, 2017 10:16PM
Before this show, I didn't understand why Midnite broke up and felt weird about seeing Ron in a new band but after seeing them jam last night Im a huge fan of Ron's new band.

The drummer is faster and more energized than Midnites (Midnites Christian is way groovier through, heavier vibe).
The guitarist was somewhat harsh but melodies were simple and complimented the beat
The keyboard player has great keys (although generally light), not the thick soul piercing ones Ras L puts down but still hypnotic.
The sound system had a ring when Dezarie hit the high notes but it was bearable. Moe's sound has gotten better over the years, it used to be all high's now they have little more lows, not the full range like a bigger venue but getting better.

Ron is bigger than life on the bass, he feels the music, knows the music and knows he knows it (he created all of it I think). His perfect timing and relentless bass waves drowned the audience especially during the jams after verses were done on each song.

They didn't play move militant which felt wrong but did an awesome job with the "Lion is a Lion" song, anyone know the official title for that song?

Ron gave me the biggest handshake, dude did a tremendous "New Life" dub session, wish I could hear that everyday! great seeing Sense and Nomo be into Dezarie as much as I.

Giving thanks!
August 12, 2017 12:15AM
Truly special show last night. Ron Benjamin is a dynamo. Dezarie came with strength and love.
August 12, 2017 12:43AM
AztecRasta, even when Ron was with Midnite he worked with Dezarie on every one of her albums since 2001, so its not really Rons new band. Its always been at least Dezarie and Ron.

NOMO, Thank you for preserving this show. I am sorry you had that unexpected experience. you might consider a voluntary donation badge on the video? The show was good, what killed it for me sometimes, was all the obnoxious people with their arms in air and bright cell phones- making some fool attempt to get a shaky video, just so they can say "Look I was there" . It's not just this show but every show ,Reggae or not.

Also...did that woman to the right of the stage really tell us to smoke outside because Dezarie is pregnant?
August 12, 2017 01:00AM
Strengthen Your Mind

August 12, 2017 01:15AM

Lion is a Lion" song, anyone know the official title for that song?

Lion A Lion

FWIW, Jerry was a member of Midnite for several years following the exodus of Abijah and before Edmund came on board as a guitarist....
August 12, 2017 05:30AM
I will be posting 'Lion A Lion' in a couple hours, from Santa Cruz. The money was no real big deal, the principal was galling. A reggae warrior friend of mine who was there immediately covered half of it, in a gesture of great generosity. Turned it into a positive for me and life went on. That woman really did yell that you shouldn't smoke ganja because Dezarie was pregnant. Don't know the truth of it, but Ron did sing some song about a baby i think. That woman was a little much.

I'm not done with Akae Beka, will see them at the One Love fest for sure.

Daniel, do you know the names of the members of the band?

Love that reggae!
August 12, 2017 02:00PM

Love that reggae!
August 12, 2017 03:04PM
Ron sang a couple of Midnite tunes. New Life was one of them, from the Seek knowledge before Vengeance album 2002.
"Look what jah jah gave me
New life, a brand new little baby"

Where is Lion a Lion from? Is that an old single? I cant find the albu

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/12/2017 03:14PM by Ras Matches.
August 12, 2017 05:37PM

Daniel, do you know the names of the members of the band?

It's the 3 J's: Jerry on guitar, Jeremy on drums & Jamall on keys...
August 12, 2017 08:19PM
I'm still feeling that deep soul nourishment from the Dezarie set at ROTR last weekend. Easily the set of the festival, and one of the most fulfilling sets of music I've witnessed in recent memory. No words to describe the joy of seeing Ron back in action and the Empress Dezarie on the mic. So many reggae acts strive to bring a vibrational shift and a tangible upliftment through their music. It's definitely not an easy task, but Dez and Ron make it seem effortless. 100% authenticity and soul mixed with masterful musicianship. I'll stop there because I could go on and on.

Nomo, really good to finally link up! Respect every time. Hope to see you at a Mateel show soon. Its a bummer reading about your Santa Cruz experience... I feel you that if it were any other show but Dez, it wouldn't be worth it... Glad it worked out same way. I know many will be lifted by the footage you got down there.
August 12, 2017 10:14PM
Did she happen to play African Heart LionHeart in S.C.? Love that song and would be great to hear it live!
August 13, 2017 05:11AM

Love that reggae!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 03:34AM by nomotrouble.
August 14, 2017 12:37AM
According to World Beat Cultural Center's and Dezarie's Facebook she will be here at Reggae Summersplash too. It's only a 7 hour drive for me, I think ill make the trod. Better line up than Reggae on the River for $20.
video: [www.eventbrite.com]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2017 12:47AM by Ras Matches.
August 14, 2017 12:53AM

Love that reggae!
August 14, 2017 02:26AM
beloved fest
[www.facebook.com]
August 14, 2017 03:06AM
@ Ras Matches: Dezarie probably is the replacement for Abyssinians since their tour got cancelled due to VISA issues. Not better than ROTR line-up, but still a bargain @ $20!
August 14, 2017 03:23PM
This Saturday:

August 14, 2017 04:31PM
The Abyssinians show at Ashkenaz got cancelled due to Visa issues, so I'm assuming the whole tour got cancelled. But maybe they were able to get one at the last minute?
August 14, 2017 05:02PM
Ahhh, good to know, Thanks Reggabe! First I heard if it, maybe someone can post an official announcement.
August 15, 2017 06:57PM
I just posted my ROTR photos and somewhere in the mix is a handful of photos of Dezarie and Ron..........

[www.flickr.com]
August 18, 2017 11:34PM

Love that reggae!
August 19, 2017 02:28PM
Ron sings, song name Daniel?

Love that reggae!
August 19, 2017 05:48PM
"State Of Mind"....
August 20, 2017 12:36AM
Thank you sir.

Love that reggae!
August 20, 2017 02:51AM

Love that reggae!
August 20, 2017 03:32AM
Nomo thank you for these healing gifts!

Giving thanks!
August 20, 2017 03:58PM
Nomo this is for you. I have a 25 yr son who spent 4 great days at ROTR. When talking about it he said the only bummer for him was that he didn't get to meet Nomo. He watches all your videos and shares with friends. So thank you Nomo for sharing and helping another another generation understand the importance and love of reggae music..........
August 20, 2017 09:45PM
Haha! We'll have to make a point of it next year! And thank you. I've come to understand that the universality of music overcomes all barriers, age, distance, language and unites us all. It's nice to be able to share a great performance with others, perhaps interest them in the festival or venue or artist, but to be honest my main interest is still watching it again myself! Now if only i could ditch my job i'd see more shows!

Love that reggae!
August 21, 2017 04:47AM

Love that reggae!
August 27, 2017 12:56PM

Love that reggae!
August 27, 2017 12:57PM

Love that reggae!
August 27, 2017 12:57PM

Love that reggae!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login