Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Horace cancelled?!?!?!?

Posted by Waterpumpee 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Horace cancelled?!?!?!?
June 14, 2017 09:40PM
I and I have reached out to my sources within the reggae community. I have reason to believe Horace is not in the country. I don't feel President Brown is a suitable replacement for Horace Andy. Please let us known as soon as possible who will be the replacement
Re: Horace cancelled?!?!?!?
June 14, 2017 10:55PM
Isn't Pressure Buss Pipe in town? Call that dude up!
June 14, 2017 10:55PM
don't know anything about Horace but just read this:
June 14, 2017

NEW YORK, USA — New immigration rules imposed by the Donald Trump Administration prevented dancehall deejay-turned-gospel act Stitchie from performing in New York on Sunday.

He was part of a group of entertainers — including Sister Carol, and Mutabaruka — who were scheduled to perform at a show at Roy Wilkins Park in Queens.

Stitchiemic

Stichie, whose real name is Cleve Laing, took the stage and explained to thousands of fans that he was “unable to obtain a work permit on time that would allow me to perform”.

He said that before last November’s presidential elections, he had met the requirements which allowed him to secure a work permit.

“Once the Administration changed, I was asked to provide additional documents and information in order to obtain a permit. I met those requirements, but the time frame did not allow for me to get the permit.”

Rules have to be followed, he told his supporters, “so I hope you understand”. He also took pains to explain that “the situation has nothing to do with the promoters, but is entirely due to these new rules”.

He said that he felt it important to appear and explain the situation, “as very often promoters are blamed for artists not showing up to perform”.
June 14, 2017 11:23PM
Damn that was last minute.
June 15, 2017 06:38AM
Pressure, Sizzla, and others in Oakland on the 17th and open date on the 18th.
June 15, 2017 04:57PM
Sizzla would be crazy, but unrealistic. And no Prezident Brown and Don Carlos are not good replacements. Lets get someone that doesn't tour California on the regular.
June 15, 2017 05:09PM
He was supposed to play the Belly Up in San Diego and if you check their website it says he is no longer playing.
June 15, 2017 07:19PM
just a thought.. they don't need to replace anyone.. they already have artist who are performing twice.. having Ranking Joe do the same wouldn't be the worst idea.
June 15, 2017 07:38PM
Ninja
just a thought.. they don't need to replace anyone.. they already have artist who are performing twice.. having Ranking Joe do the same wouldn't be the worst idea.

yes Ranking Joe twice!!!!
June 15, 2017 07:50PM
+1000 on the Ranking Joe stand-in idea. Have one of the DJs spin the riddims to Horace Andy's biggest tunes and let Ranking Joe go to work on them. Have the DJ weave Horace Andy's voice in and out of the tune - what a session!
Ranking Joe to the rescue!
- JM2C
June 16, 2017 02:24PM
Wondering who is replacing Denis Bovell. Heard thru the grapevine he's not coming this weekend.......BUMMER
June 17, 2017 09:42AM
Not cool. I couldn't make this year's fest, but this reminds me of last year when they canceled Scratch Perry and shifted Don Carlos the first and only day I was able to attend. People are spending their hard-earned $$$ and coming distance. This continues to be a problem in the reggae community. When did the festival know that 2 major acts weren't showing?
June 17, 2017 03:38PM
The festival started super strong with exco levi the skints and gentleman. It was amazing. No complains for me only good stuff. Respect and love to the organizers to bring us such good vibes
June 17, 2017 07:16PM
You forget to mention Mellow mood back for second year and chronixx, super polished great show, his recent tour definitely gave him great experience. Gentleman was phenomenal, great to see him back after his first appearance in the US at Sierra Nevada world years ago, great stage presence and really works the crowd. We definitely agree that the first was off to a super strong start, would enjoy seeing Marlowe Brown today, but will likely show up around three to start with Dennis Bovell, from then on it's more less headlining ask all the way until late night
June 17, 2017 08:05PM
IRIEMON say
People are spending their hard-earned $$$ and coming distance.

If life was a thing $$ could buy, the rich would live and the poor would die

This continues to be a problem in the reggae community.

To this day touring reggae outa the Jamaican crèche involve it's own unique challenges that those pampered in the relative peace & prosperity of the West more time don't got a clue. Not only in the West, even in Jamaica, many vainly simplify the blame with the word 'politics' or 'garrison politics' or even the big bad 'Whitey' ... but the deeper reality is the defaults of our immature human race - & that's including you, mi, nuff of the reggae pioneers & the downside to be found in every race.

The lights were bright with the reggae pioneers but certain shadows were dark and getting worse. Certain key reggae pioneers turn a deaf ear to Yabby You's (& notable others too) prophesy and now Jamaica suffering the con-seequence.

So now inna this a time reggae festival patrons in the West think ya got it ruff. How bout the suffrah in Jamaica paying the price of nuff reggae archetype deceived by good lookin dark shadows & them become deceivers ... Dem Spirit was strong but the flesh/ego was sofff & dem didn't dial in the fullness for the future generations. Portion of them quickly destroy themselves and sabotage the future of the massive ... Jamaica today 4th highest murder rate on the planet (outside declared war zones) and on that little island of 2 3/4 million population - 5000 missing children !!!!

When did the festival know that 2 major acts weren't showing?

Ya disappointed IRIEMON but ya barking up the wrong tree. Stay Irie & don't mistake SNWMF with certain festival de-moters who practice 'bait & switch.' The SNWMF pro-moter's long track record speak for itself as highly ethical providing a unique, positive, loving family vibes gathering.
<><><><>
Wish i could attend this year but i'm with ya in Spirit
1luv all mi relations
Alex

the Iyah1 say

Beware the shadows after dark

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 06/23/2017 05:54PM by Peacemakeya.
June 18, 2017 06:23PM
second day was amazing....mackaB was phenomal...cucumber... then anthonyB cannot stop jumping. its magic. i don't want it to stop!!!
June 18, 2017 06:26PM
June 22, 2017 12:20AM
This is messed up they stole his bag and he's unable to work and support his kids

Horace Hinds wrote:
·

Some one took my bag at the fish pot on half way tree road an they could put the bag where some one could find It An could take it to the police station no they take the bag whit the I pad whit all my information An my new phone I just by an the head phone an tump drive whit all my new songs ok why they couldent make me get back the passport them now I can't get to do my tour cause the new pass port is still in London I haven't got it back in time to do the South American tour An the American tour 6 shows I lost An about to loose 30 more in France an England it is so stressing to me my rite name is Horace Keith hinds in the passport but they most see my tour itinerary whit every we're I am going in the world as you open the bag they will see the envelope An most no it is my bag An if some one find the bag whit the pass port some one most no me An say a sleepy bag I would have to give them a food now my earnings i am going to loose it it is very hard I get 27 children the big ones are all right I have11 children under 18 years going to school so you see why I am so sad about this it is not about me it is my children them it is about me can bear hungry but not them i have to go out there An work I am 66 years old now An still going so strong in this business a lot of people rite me off but look how much shows I am getting my blessing is still strong give thanks to the most high for that I no if I loose this tour there will be many more in the future for I Rasta for every bless selah
June 22, 2017 01:02AM
27 children? H.A. needs to invest in some birth control...
July 02, 2017 02:27AM
Yeah reggabe thats a racist comment.
July 02, 2017 05:10PM
no because I would say the same thing about any person. it's ecologically and economically irresponsible...