Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

No Talk About Barrington "Bull' Levy's Set??

Posted by papa ray 
No Talk About Barrington "Bull' Levy's Set??
June 29, 2017 11:55PM
All I know is that was the strongest set by BL I have seen...and I've seen a few. He was in great voice, & Barrington had the crowd hands-down-stone-GOING WILD and eating out of his hand that Sunday night. IMO, he's still current reigning vocal champ in reggae.
Re: No Talk About Barrington "Bull' Levy's Set??
June 30, 2017 12:42AM
Totally agree. It has been a few years since the last time a had seen him and I was pleasantly surprised. He sounded better then ever and the crowd with with him the whole set.
June 30, 2017 01:29PM
Wish i had seen it, left early this year for Port Arena

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
June 30, 2017 06:30PM
So very good, His best performance I can recall as well. He even played On The Telephone... I made such a ruckus down front, he looked in my direction and pooled it up from the top. One of the only (if not the only) rewinds of the performance. A rewind should be from the crowd, not baked into the performance (looking at you Capleton) or because the band misstep-ed. Definitely the highlight of the whole weekend in my book.
June 30, 2017 07:06PM
bun n cheese
A rewind should be from the crowd, not baked into the performance (looking at you Capleton) or because the band misstep-ed.

so very true. i love this zach.

m.

* [www.kboo.fm]
* [www.shocksofsheba.podomatic.com]
June 30, 2017 08:44PM
I respectfully disagree... this years performance was nearly identical to most others ive seen and heard from him in the last 20 years
There is no doubt that he has a great voice and a deep catalog, the depth of said catalog is what makes most of his performances so unimpressive to me... I can only imagine how good a set including some of his older hits would be
It bums me out that he doesnt remember so many of his tunes

Respect Same Way
June 30, 2017 10:51PM
So what was the highlight performance for you Sam?
July 02, 2017 02:24AM
Lol I love this thread more than any other in several years.
July 03, 2017 06:53PM
"A rewind should be from the crowd, not baked into the performance (looking at you Capleton) or because the band misstep-ed"

DAM# STRAIGHT!!!!!!!

Yeah, I could make up a set list of songs I'D like to hear, but would the crowd go as wild as what I saw if the man did that slooooow Radics version of Under Sixteen', or "Open Book', or (pick your choice)??? Nonetheless, Mr. Levy HIT IT AND QUIT, well to my own satisfaction...
July 04, 2017 07:37PM
Bun: the highlights for me this year were capleton and chronixx for headliners, for daytime performers I was most entertained by gappy, exco, marla brown, and chris ellis
Also: surprised you know my real name!

Respect Same Way
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login