Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How was going back to your day job after the festival?

Posted by nomotrouble 
How was going back to your day job after the festival?
July 01, 2017 04:09PM
So i was reading one of the other threads and got the idea for this one. I never get to take enough time off around the festival, so i work up to it, and go back on tuesday. This weekend is the one i most look forward to during the year, it comes quickly, you try to take it all in, and then it's gone.The last few years i've had dear friends come out from the east coast, that i met through reggae, and it seems like a flash and they are gone again. Before the festival this year, my head was in a bad place, ready to quit my job, distracted from what i like to do, listen to reggae. But a remarkable thing happened over those three days, my head cleared a bit, and by tuesday, i almost enjoyed being at work. The contrast was amazing, and gave me the same thoughts i have most years. 'How can i keep this feeling going all year?'
Ras James said he had a tough time with the day job the next week. my friend Jameel the Rootsouljah went home to a ton of work, looked back and the fest seemed like a dream.
How was the transition back to the day job for the rest of you?

Love that reggae!
Re: How was going back to your day job after the festival?
July 01, 2017 09:55PM
I'm a teacher so still have a lot of summer vacay to enjoy. Biggest bummer for me was coming home to Guam to find out my house had been broken into.....and NOTHING was stolen. Landlord is convinced it was a friend of mind, since my truck was parked outside and that didn't seem to bother the thieves. In any case, I was given til July 1st to find a new place. That didn't happen and I'm still looking for a new place to live.

Didn't reply to the "biggest thrill" of the festival for me yet, so will do that here. First and most importantly was reuniting with friends I've known for 20 plus years (and those I've known for less). Meeting Amy Wachtel the "Night Nurse" in person was a HUGE treat since I've known her via email for a couple decades, but have never met face to face. And running into Tuff Lion on Friday when I had no idea he'd be there was a great surprise.

I enjoyed all the music I heard, especially Marla Brown, NST and Soul Sauce, Mellow Mood, Ranking Joe, ITaweh, Exco Levi, Macka B, and Keith & Tex.

SNWMF is my yearly pilgrimage. I tried counting how many years it's been...think this was my 17th.

Ever forward
Jah Son
July 12, 2017 09:46PM
dreadful

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
July 13, 2017 12:04AM
I miss being around my normal festival peoples, I need to come back as a trustafarian in my next life. I will be really good at it....
July 13, 2017 12:32AM
Reggaemilitus by Peter Tosh pretty much sums it up for me
July 13, 2017 02:28PM
Sucked hard. Always does.
July 13, 2017 03:08PM
i am also looking for those 3 days for 52 weeks as its been the best week-end of the year for the last 16th for me and yes coming back to work tuesday is really hard. i am still looking at video's i took and its good to be able to feel the vibes again. AnthonyB was my best memory this year i was in a really good mood at that particular time. cannot wait SNWMF25!!!!
July 13, 2017 04:53PM
I love my work but it is always terrible going back after the festival.... I stopped going back on Tuesday a long time ago and even returning on Wednesday is hard. Missing my friends, the music, the festival site, and the vibes of it all make for a bit of a let down returning to reality.
July 13, 2017 06:35PM
It wasn't bad going back to my day job, just hectic as it was a real busy period where I took a week off, not to mention that because my day job is in the music business a lot of connections made over the weekend had to be followed up with as well as the people here I was unable to deal with while I was away... I'm glad I like my job though or coming back after SIerra would really be miserable
July 13, 2017 07:30PM
just another day...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login