Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ROTR better lineup

Posted by Negative Nelly 
ROTR better lineup
April 14, 2004 03:42PM
I've been going to both Reggae on the River and Sierra Nevada for 10 years. Sierra Nevada has always had the better lineup. Not this year. ROTR has a way better lineup. They are finally getting younger, newer talent. They got Capleton. Sierra Nevada has to get somebody for the dancehall massive, or they will be losing a big part of the audience. They have nobody to quench the thirst of the concious, sing-jay, dancehall crowd. Which is the furture of reggae music and listeners. Nuf respect to the older roots acts, but we've seen them dozens of times. We need new blood, young blood, one blood. Warrior King, Sizzla, Capleton, Anthony B, Junior Kelly. ---PLEASE
Re: ROTR better lineup
April 14, 2004 04:09PM
Yes, this your opinion and maybe a lot of people have this opinion. In my own opinion I go for the vibe, my family, and the feeling of safety. That I can leave my camp behind and know that the family next to me will watch my back. And yes of course I go for the wonderful music that SNWMF brings to the world for 3 days. I am grateful. No I have never been to ROTR, because of a whole bunch of issues that I have heard from dear friends of mine. Yes bringing on the youth brings on new fire & energy. So if you don't like who is at SNWMF. THEN DON'T GO!!!!!!!.
I like the energy at SNWMF and I will never stop going... I have seen so many of the post, comparing SNWMF to ROTR. To my understanding there is no comparing of the two. There both an opportunity to share your energy of the spirit with thousands. Keep positive..
Sisterlil
April 14, 2004 04:12PM
And one more thing. Who inspirted the follow Warrior King, Sizzla, Capleton, Anthony B, Junior Kelly. Think Negative Nelly !!!!.
Iri_I
April 14, 2004 04:14PM
Capleton is as far from concious dancerhall as you can get these days...young fresh talent??? I agree there needs to be a good dancehall showcase but not the fireman
April 14, 2004 04:15PM
Sorry I spelled that wrong. it's inspired
solid rock
April 14, 2004 04:18PM

jason

i didn't think anyone at the Shasta County Library had seen Winston Jarrett dozens of times. OR Alton Ellis. OR Downbeat the Ruler.

anyway you should keep in mind that some of the young singjays you say are the future of this music are full of ****.

time will show that works of the artists you listed and the artists i've listed (and others @ SNWMF this year) are real...

really it already does. but it will also show how or IF they rate against the real giants.
April 14, 2004 04:21PM
At least we got Gentleman this year, his eclectic style should bring nuff fyah. I loved Warrior King last year, and true he is young talent, but quench the thirst of the dancehall massive, not even close! Funny you group him in with the others. Capleton was great but we had him last year as well.
And in the words of Warrior King.
"Warrior can't take da negative vibe.."
Acacia
April 14, 2004 04:22PM
And Capleton's performance last year was crap. The audience sang more than he did.
April 14, 2004 04:28PM
If it's young, new talent that you are looking for, i have one word for you: DEZARIE.
April 14, 2004 04:32PM
True daniel and don't forget Sabbattical Ahdah. Lots of fresh talent this year! I think many unfamilar will be in for a big suprise!
April 14, 2004 04:35PM
Daniel you are so right on. I have 2 of her cd's and can't stop listening to Gracious Mama Africa..
isis
April 14, 2004 04:36PM
Performance crap? I'm sure when performers have their own show they have to do a lot more to impress an audience.
April 14, 2004 04:36PM
Like your mama taught ya
If you can't say something nice...........
April 14, 2004 04:40PM
Please don't say it all.
solid rock
April 14, 2004 04:44PM

yeah this whole thread is probably a windup anyway

seems like i remember someone with that same ISP signature [(---.shastacountylibrary.org)] saying something else dumb

whatever

waste time on a jerk once, shame on them
waste time on a jerk twice...
Acacia
April 14, 2004 04:46PM
....don't say anything? That's not exactly what she taught me. But I shouldn't have called it crap. I didn't like it because he left it up to the audience to sing his songs. Sorry if I offended you all.
Acacia
April 14, 2004 04:53PM
Actually, if that offended you, toughen up!! There's nothing wrong with stating your opinion, even if it isn't "nice". It's true, I could have put it a different way. But "don't say anything at all" is not the way it should be.
April 15, 2004 08:44AM

I am going to waste any more of my energy on this thread.. It's over..
sisterlil
Acacia lighten up!!!!!!!!!
Pale Ryder
April 15, 2004 08:54AM
Negative Nelly, if you would come to Sierra Nevada you might not be so negative anymore......
pat
April 15, 2004 09:53AM
New Blood=GENTLEMAN! although he performs for 10s of thousands all over Europe... he is relatively new blood for cali....

In my humble opinion, Gentleman will be the most impressive show of the festival... and that says a lot... cause the line up is real strong!
April 15, 2004 02:06PM
I think this is gentleman's first U.S. appearance, so it should be a great performance

Michael
Sean M.
April 15, 2004 02:38PM
In my opinion reggae music in its current state is worse than it has ever been. If electronic "dancehall" beats overdubbed with slackness (or even conscious) rap is the future of reggae or music in general I will be deeply saddened. I love reggae music for its integrity of sound(real instruments and players), lyrical message and melody, and its originality. I feel reggae music today is stagnate. You can go to a festival and hear every other band playing the same ryhthm. I understand the Jamaican history behind the "version" and the competitive aspect of different artists and bands competing on one rhythm, but in my opinion this has to be let go if reggae music is ever to progress. It has lead to a generation and musical genre of copycats, and is a phenomenon that seems particularly unique to reggae. Respect to all the artists and musicians who originally created these rhythms and songs, but if I have to hear the drum song or stalag rhythm one more time... I invite all to check out Elijah Emanuel and the Revelations on Friday, they are in my opinion one of the freshest, hardest, and most satisfying reggae experiences I have had in many years. Elijah is an amazing songwriter/singer and sings and performs only original songs and music, backed by real instruments and original music. He in my opinion represents a new generation and hope for reggae music and its forward progress, and will hopefully be one of the catalysts that can make ROOTS reggae once again the present and future of reggae.
April 15, 2004 02:45PM
wow, sean. do you know Prophet Hi Fi?
Sean M.
April 15, 2004 03:31PM
Just my two cents. I deeply love reggae music and speak the above only out of love. There are of course(thank Jah) the exceptions, but do you disagree. How many reggae bands do you know of that are cover bands or play the same played out rhythms? Too many for me. What is the direction and motivation of these bands?
Stevo
April 15, 2004 04:47PM
I'm not tired of the old riddims personally, I just don't rally round 'em like each and all. And there are some super heavy riddim tracks coming out all the time, slipping through the cracks that not many people are tuned into. I'm talking roots stylee. I don't check for dancehall anymore. I've heard enough. Not knockin' it, just not my bag baby. I feel dancehall reggae is influencing rap......... heavily!
And vice versa. So yeah, the future of reggae music(for those who are buying what they're selling) IS rap. That's shitty. And the future of rap is dancehall. Oh well. I guess it's gonna take a little more determination from the roots crowd to bring back the vibe.

Gentleman is gonna light a fire on Angel's Camp, that's for certain. I know he's considered dancehall, but he's coming with new style, and I like it. A lot!

As for the line-ups.....Congratulations ROTR, you finally equalled the line-up @SNWMF. Took you long enough. They're getting scared.
Irie Ites-
Stevo
solid rock
April 15, 2004 05:10PM

Sean M

why do you think a California band should be redefining reggae?

and why relegate it to certain instrumentation? so there's an "integrity of sound"?

i don't think that means anything.

it sounds like it might mean something (just like all the crud that "prophet" guy likes to spew), but it doesn't mean anything.

or did roots die when they put a mic to a drum kit? or was it when drum kits took over for hand drums? or when they used sticks instead of hands? or what about when bass moved from standup to electric?

by dismissing digital (which is very trendy on the west coast) you've missed 15 to 20 years of history. lots of "roots" in there... lots of good music. don't fool yourself.
April 15, 2004 05:30PM
True Stevo, there is great new roots coming out every day. Things are getting so much brighter! Ya just gotta know where to look.
As far as EE and the Revelations....decent music...hilarious Bio!!
"The harvest of material from the last 2 years is greater than many produce in a lifetime.................. Elijah takes to the stage once again to boldly express truths FEW can BARE WITNESS., blah , blah , blah..."
From the bio and more important the posts I've read from prophet, seems like they forgo faith for self reliance. They view Rasta and Christian ideology as a weakness in people that keeps them from addressing the true problems of the self. But I believe works without faith is nothing, and our own righteousness can never save us. Like in the days of old
"They're no different from those scribes and pharisees who come around........"
April 15, 2004 08:55PM
you musta been smokin on da sweeetest ghanja mon!!?!?! rotr better lineup isreal vibration, black uhuru need i say more. but i guess sizzla is better lol?!?!?
jb welda
April 15, 2004 10:05PM
black uhuru is not scheduled to play at snwmf, in case there is any confusion.

one love
jah bill
April 16, 2004 12:27AM
At least SNWMF is still reasonably priced for a 3-day event. $150@ ROTR, good god are they smoking ganja or coke
April 16, 2004 12:48AM
-yeah tell i* about it when u get nailed for camping fee$(if you get there in early jam to even get a spot). atleast dem try to get more talent dis year but im affraid if snwmf did not burn so hot they would not be in the race. it's all about river location these days. the classic scene is runn down by party folks who arnt in reggae's best interest but more on the just looking for a good time vibe. not to say dat there arnt some long time river vets around who work on the level but if it was not for some key singerz & playerz on dis yearz line up i* would not suggest going by means of the old time hype. but like i* said there is @ least some good talent dis year so i* taking a dip "first in 5yearz".(like to many people care here) but another RASclot post for the snwmf mazzive!< JAH >1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
Stevo
April 16, 2004 12:55AM
Jahmeek-
Here's me....... telling you.....I don't have a problem with any of your posts. Though I may disagree with a slight portion........ You right.
-Stevo
April 28, 2004 05:04PM
I am just saying that they are losing the whole dancehall crowd a people. By not having any good modern, conscious dancehall acts. I speak for the people that have seen a lot of these good roots acts tons of times. We want to see new acts. Be it rough, rugged, ragga dancehall to unique sing jay different sounding roots. Sierra has always had new fresh talent, not this year. ROTR finally has.
April 28, 2004 05:27PM
I must be missing something..... What is the "new blood, young blood, one blood" that ROTR has this year? Surely Capleton no longer fits the bill as new (or young) blood.

Yeah, they got Warrior King this year. BIG UP to ROTR for that. And they've got Midnite this year too, which I guess also qualifies for 'new'. But hey, did anyone go to SNWMF last year?????

So if you want to know who the "new blood, young blood, one blood" will be at ROTR, just come to SNWMF this year and find out..... 10 to 1 says Dezarie plays ROTR in 2005.
April 28, 2004 05:41PM
show & dey will follow baaah!
April 28, 2004 11:40PM
I'm with you, nelly.
April 30, 2004 03:24PM
It's true... the dancehall artists bring a certain vibe.. no need to get defensive about the line-up, ones are just requesting more of the conscious danehall vibes. Really, the youths coming with the fire today are what is igniting the interest in reggae music amongst the youths globally... JUNIOR KELLY is a good one, or Anthony B... how bout Chukki Star??? Or Junior Reid...
Never stop giving thanks for the roots, hence the name...
April 30, 2004 03:30PM
hey chukki star! now dat would be a someting good for the west!
Stevo
April 30, 2004 09:23PM
"Nallage".....Tuff Tune.
May 03, 2004 09:38AM
Capleton, Sizzla, Warrior king- Wer'nt they all their last year?

Happy Trails
May 03, 2004 09:41AM
nope
May 03, 2004 09:47AM
Last years lineup, copied from the snwmf.com archives.

Friday June 20, 2003

Capleton
Cocoa Tea
Yami Bolo
Stone Love
Lost At Last
Hamsa Lila

Saturday June 21, 2003

The Wailers
Barrington Levy
U-Roy
Pablo Moses
Sister Carol
Leroy Sibbles
Johnny Clarke
Mikey Dread
Fully Fullwood Band
Stur-Gav HiFi w/
Brigadier Jerry
Mighty Crown
Shabaz
Medicine Drum
BrazilBeat Sound System

Sunday June 22, 2003

Prince Buster
Eek-A-Mouse
Pato Banton
Midnite
Twinkle Bros w/
Della Grant
Peter Rowan
Warrior King
B-Side Players
Soul Majestic
Big Mountain
Alma Melodiosa
May 03, 2004 09:48AM
and we know sis AAA got to sing backup for warrior king.
May 03, 2004 09:55AM
Pessimistic views can sometimes be hard to avoid, with the way the world is today in politics, Music and Life - I know. Optamisim is they key. Don't look down on everything, especailly reggae, are you crazay?
Believe what you will about the future of ill.
Realize you hafta enjoy the moment and the pleasures for this is not a burden any man should bare, overcome and enjoy our short moments we call a life time.
Love while your hear, worry when your gone.
PKW
May 03, 2004 09:59AM
what, what?
Re: SNWMF Better Line Up!
May 03, 2004 10:02AM
PS. Nagative nelly, how could you think ROTR better?
You must be crazy crazy crazy.

Happy Trails
Pale Ryder
May 03, 2004 10:03AM
you must be crazy, if you want leave me baby!
pat
May 03, 2004 10:22AM
yes. chukki starr!
May 03, 2004 10:30AM
How could you not think the linuep is better at the River... As far as the shows go, time will tell... Big up to all the fesivals, the promotors and staff that make them happen.. Was pretty much giving up on the river but with this lineup, I am now scrambling for a tix... Sierra is mandatory, the river is usually wait and see.. And I see a good lineup this year...
jjlab3
May 03, 2004 11:20AM
The original post was about the line-up, not overall vibe and I have to say that so far ROTR line up looks really strong.

If I had to choose I would choose SNWMF every time for the overall vibe and consciousness. but ROTR line-up has some of the hottest most current acts in Reggae music as well as some legends like Bunny.

It has been weeks since SNWMF announced a new act and I still would like to see another major current Dancehall performer like Bounty, Buju, Capleton,etc., etc.

I don't know Gentleman too well and am looking froward to seeing him but I still think we are one act away from matching prevoius year's line ups.

From those in the know are there any rumors at all about acts TBA...

It has been quiet. Too quiet.
May 03, 2004 11:22AM
I am not in the know, but it would seem that there will be no more acts TBA, but that the dancehall might have some unannounced guests.
May 03, 2004 11:47AM
i* cup iz so full of roots i* could only giv+ nuff thanx to staff. i* whole dub mission iz a differnt topic but i* feel that many are falling asleep without a "concious" or "slack" dancehall leader to chatty aboutz. most everyone knowz how the hype worx. i* mean really can anyone complain to much with this line up that iz if your not about hip-hop n' such. az long az midnite & don carlos do not overlap i* have nah a worry in D world muzak fest dis year but dont stop dar. bring sum dub! -RASpects+
Stevo
May 03, 2004 04:24PM
Couldn't have said it better norcalJahman, and yes ROTR is coming thru big, but personally they gonna have to change more than that. I may have seen my last of the River. But then again........last time Luciano was there he was hanging from the top of the light towers with the mic in hand, wouldn't want to miss that, though he may not get the big time slot.
Ites-
Stevo
jb welda
May 03, 2004 05:07PM
>Luciano was there he was hanging from the top of the light towers with the mic
>in hand

wow! now *thats* what i call entertainment!

not.

one love
jah bill
May 03, 2004 05:18PM
although that stunt iz nothing original i* thouht the one handed cart wheelz with mic in other hand waz kinda kool* -RASpects+
Pale Ryder
May 04, 2004 08:27AM
Yeah but he was singing, its me again Jah Jah, on top of the towers, and he busted a flip on stage.....
Pale Ryder
May 04, 2004 08:41AM
thought it was a flip anyway...all the flowers got in the way.....
Stevo
May 04, 2004 12:22PM
What's wrong with Luciano JB? Or is it me? And at that particular year @ ROTR, if you didn't consider that entertainment, you must have had a pretty poor experience there.

Maybe if I just start making **** up, you guys will finally stop trying to fight everything down that I&I say.

Stop the message board clique bullshit, ahora!

peace
May 04, 2004 12:34PM
dont sweat it stevo, he eats crab apples for breakfast.

i saw a show once, where he climbed to the top of the open air stage under the moonlight to sing. the whole crowd on the ground could hardly believe the site. ive been told that people still talk about that night in Austin.

Post Edited (05-04-04 12:35)
Stevo
May 04, 2004 12:41PM
I was very stoked to witness the acrobatics. And with the vibes in jeopardy that year, Luciano was so crucial that Sunday nite.

Thanks for the encouragement b&c, just a little JBwildered.
jb welda
May 04, 2004 01:10PM
i would prefer he concentrate on singing. that is my point. i dont go to see a guy climb the monkey bars (i didnt go that year and for about a decade there actually). you know what to do with the crab apples bun...

one love
jah bill
May 04, 2004 01:14PM
make apple pie?
jb welda
May 04, 2004 01:15PM
xactly

one love
jah bill
May 04, 2004 09:04PM
Greetings,

I am new to the board, but thought I would interject - although I love capleton, sizzla, anthony b, etc - I WOULD NOT CALL THEM YOUNG BLOOD..

I mean cmon.. these guys have been going for years, have had multiple hit records and big tunes. I agree wholeheartedly that there needs to be some new blood added to the lineup of the SNWMF or that the new blood in reggae needs to be given some time in the spotlight too, but we need to make room for real new blood.. THere is a whole roots and culture scene that is blossoming right now.. If you are reading this board right now, then you ARE in an opportune spot to be able to be a part of it: it is happening RIGHT now...

How about Natural Black, Lutan Fyah, Turbulece, Jah Mason... Ras Shiloh (maybe a stretch, I think his first album licked in '98)...

There is a next generation that needs an audience too. I have seen enough sizzla, capleton, anthony b, etc. over the last 10 years to last me a life time!

Not being down on any of those crucial artists of course!

JUst a thought.

peace
matt

[www.unitysound.com]

'Rise above dreams and loiter not - open to truth your mind
Live in Righteousness - and you, eternal bliss will find'

[www.unitysound.com]
May 05, 2004 01:07AM
Yes but I think the question that truly needs to be answered:

Of these two festivals, which has the riper set of punaany?
May 05, 2004 01:39AM
Ras Shiloh, Jah Mason, Lutan Fyah, Natural Black, ya dem rising still yet I been listening to dem for years now. Dem just need to tour da states, but yah nah see dem in Cali dis summer! Tha line up dis year bringing much new talent that I have not witnessed, Big Up St. Croix Crew. Also look forward to Abdel Wright, and any new soul that Jah guide to dis fest. Forward..
May 05, 2004 01:51AM
yeh but dey were available dis year. were waz da mazzive? dub passing through-> itez*
Proper FM
May 05, 2004 07:46AM
Yes but I think the question that truly needs to be answered:

Of these two festivals, which has the riper set of punaany?

hell yeah lol
Re: my thoughts!
May 05, 2004 09:47AM
Come on now chimino!
u know where the real punany be at, right? you've been to both festivals yeah! Isn't is clear to see that Sierra Nevada holds the Angeles, at Angeles camp!
And you have to know that the punany at snwmf got's to be the bomb baby!!
I'm just playin' no but for real, ha, ha u got me goin.
Anyways back to the real topic which is reggae, ragga muffin muzicsmiling smiley, So I know snwmf is the ****, but I unfortunately i have never made it up to Humolt to rotr, which is so wierd to me I luv reggae, dancehall and all music really. I've been into it for many years now . But what's up have i been missen out on somthin? I know alot of people that go to rotr every year as well as snwmf too, but i 've always heard that sierra is much better, and has a better line up. Not to mention that the vibe is not like it is at Sierra. There tends to be alot of people that are'nt true lover's of reggae and that want to just get really @#$%& up for three days straight!!
So The line up this year isn't that sick, where's Berington? Yami Bolo, or what about My favorite DAMION MARLEY! now he is the truest, he is the future,the next generation. All you guys talkin about dancehall turnin into rap, or whatever I'm sorry but hip hop/rap is the music of the now as well as the future Imean isn't it good that there 're merging together! Reggae and roots have a positive message and i think thats good for the youth u should be happy that ther're listening to reggae, and hopfully being turned onto roots music as well!!
It sends massages of unity, love, peace and hope so isn't that a good thing.
You need to open your eyes, realize that if we don't all come together this world will crumble in front of us.we must put up a fight! unite and love one another!

ONE LOVE RESPECT
PEACE,
jenncruzz
Proper FM wrote:

> Yes but I think the question that truly needs to be answered:
>
> Of these two festivals, which has the riper set of punaany?
>
> hell yeah lol
flip
May 05, 2004 10:10AM
i think i found berington.....wait hold on a sec.

didley didley whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
owe oooo ewe we ewe
oh noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!
May 05, 2004 01:56PM
Haha, respect Jenn. I had to ask becuase this will be my first SNWMF. There was a lotta cuties @ RotR last year so I had to ask (also lighten the mood)

Shabba "Love punanny bad, Love punaany bad..."

Lecturer same riddim "Inna mi pants where mi carry mi weapon
Mi only use it pon woman mi nah use it pon man"
wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel

Yes, Silverhawk sound is eternal...
May 05, 2004 02:21PM
big tune!
Stevo
May 05, 2004 04:38PM
Ital hotties @ SNWMF/ brand new second hand girls @ ROTR
May 05, 2004 04:46PM
I feel like the dancehall crowd is not looking for the long haul in reggae music. I love dancehall and roots. It is all a fusion of all types of musical influence. There is much more going on at the festival than the performances. I have to admit that Wayne Wonder ripped it at ROTR last year. These festivals are once a year, so I don't think people are really concerned if their favorite artist didn't show up. Like the other people said, sometimes the good artists don't have the energy to give a great show. Bring positive vibes to both festivals this year and I promise you will have an irie time.
The Gooch
May 05, 2004 05:56PM
Everyone relax. Both festivals are nice. Both line-ups are nice. If you are lucky enough to go to either one then you will have a good time. Just a few comments, The FIYA MAN was crap? Reggae being too spendy? Slackness vs. Righteous Sound? First the KING SHANGO lit the stage, His show may not have been the best of the night, but it was tight. Second, I pay 15-20 bucks to see one nice band for 2.5 hours, you do the math. Three days at Reggae is 50 bucks a day. Everyone might not be able to afford it, but there has been plenty of shows I have missed because I didn't have funds. You gotta sacrafice and save. Not to mention you know you spend a 50 spot and just bun it anyway. Finally, was it not The Honarable Robert Nesta Marley himself who was known to put a gun in a man's face to get his scratch? He got 50 kids by a few different women, so don't tell me that he wasn't lookin at the pum pum. This is not to disrespect Ras, it is just to put it in a new light. I feel that there is some music out there that is not worthy of anyone's ears, but you will find wickedness and foolery in everystyle of music. Peace to Jah and the Universe. The Gooch has spoken..........
May 05, 2004 07:37PM
Author: Stevo (---.proxy.aol.com)
Date: 05-05-04 16:38

Ital hotties @ SNWMF/ brand new second hand girls @ ROTR
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That answers my question! SNWMF it is...
May 10, 2004 03:28PM
Sizzla, Capleton, and Anthony B. are new and young when compared with burning spear and other older roots acts. Bring on the even newer blood, Turbulence, warrior king, Vybz Kartel
Sierra NEvada is not going to see the huge crowd a people they are used to seeing without some dancehall acts. Talking with lots of people...Huge crowds of people only come to See Capleton, or Sizzla.
Junior Kelly, Junior Reid, or Chucky Starr would be great.
May 10, 2004 03:40PM
thanks for the headsup negativenelly. i am looking forward to having a better selection of campsites because of the low turnout. and without the huge crowds i can finally get a beer and something to eat without waiting. this is indeed good news.
May 10, 2004 08:09PM
Better punany definitely at the Sierra show, but the ROTR definitely has the better location to get some outdoor lovin. Just walk a little ways up the river and find a nice spot on the rocks. At both shows I never had a problem finding sistahs to connect with for a weekend fling. The thing is, SN definitely had a nicer location back in Marysville, before the local hooligans @#$%& up the scene that one time in 2000. Anyone remember that far back?
May 11, 2004 01:00PM
You better run to the store and get your Journey to Jah album, because Gentleman is one of the best new sing jays out there...........all the things you want (young, dancehall, sing jay) in a white boy from Germany. You want to see Capleton and Sizzla yet ANOTHER time when you could see Gentleman for the FIRST time!!!!!?????

It'll be a good show...you just wait.

love,
Katie
May 11, 2004 01:24PM

Bring um on back,
a Katie

Happy Trails
jb welda
May 11, 2004 05:07PM
i think youre right about gentleman katie. ive been listening to journey to jah and especially what seems to be a newer, live cd. both are killer conscious dancehall. and hes going to have barrington levys outfit, detour posse backing him up so it should be guaranteed 100% vibes.

one love
jah bill
May 11, 2004 05:15PM
Good point, dirtweed. After trampling through the unwashed 10,000 at ROTr last year, having the place to "ourselves" with more breathing space will be a nice change of pace.
May 12, 2004 12:07PM
Wrrior King still number 1
pat
May 12, 2004 12:13PM
damn.. I wish gentleman was rollin with his own "Far East Band"... they are crucial...
for more gentleman.. check the singles.. "runaway" and "rainy days" ... runaway got a nice video on it
May 14, 2004 11:00AM
This festival has grown every year. I remember watching it grow on the soccer field in Marysville. If Sierra nevada wants to see as many ticket buyers as it has been building up to in the past years....They have to get at least one good conscious dancehall favorite...Or huge crowd a people won't be going.....please....pretty please....My pick would be ..JUNIOR KELLY.....He's never played these festivals..I've only seen him once..
or Turbulence....
May 14, 2004 11:03AM
This festival has grown every year. I remember watching it grow on the soccer field in Marysville. If Sierra nevada wants to see as many ticket buyers as it has been building up to in the past years....They have to get at least one good conscious dancehall favorite...Or huge crowd a people won't be going.....please....pretty please....My pick would be ..JUNIOR KELLY.....He's never played these festivals..I've only seen him once..
or Turbulence....
Heartikal
May 15, 2004 01:27AM
I and I would love to see JAH MASON up in Sierra Nevada... anyone ever seen him live?
lud dub
May 15, 2004 06:00PM
Jah Mason or Jr. Kelly would be mash-up! If not him, bring forth the 5th Element Crew...Richie Spice, Chuck Fenda, Anthony Cruz. C'mon SNWMF....
Heartikal
May 16, 2004 12:27AM
Jah Mason, Jr. Kelly, Turbulence, Anthony B.... Luciano and Mikey Dread.... Sanchez... Bushman... an addition of any of dem would be massive!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login