Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ROTR better lineup

Posted by Negative Nelly 
Re: ROTR better lineup
May 19, 2004 10:43AM
I love the trees at Reggae on the River, but I can pass over all the wasted people who dropped like flies underfoot after eating something?

between Ras Michael and Femi Kuti, I think SNWMF will have something for everyone
June 07, 2004 02:16PM
Jr. KElly!!!!please!!!!!T.O.K.!!!!!OK!!!
June 07, 2004 03:48PM
Dancehall is for kids
TR-808
June 07, 2004 04:26PM

no man, dancehall style is for adults.

ink cartridges are for kids.
June 07, 2004 07:03PM
Abdel Wright = "new blood, young blood, one blood" @ RotR ...but.... he gwaan b at SNWMF first....
dEE
June 07, 2004 07:15PM
YA'LL GOTS TO PEEP ROCKER T!!! THIS IS A BLESSING FOR NEW TALENT! a WHITE RASTA WITH CONCIOUS BEAUTIFUL GROOVES!
June 07, 2004 07:38PM
<...wants to see as many ticket buyers as it has been building up to in the past years....They have to get at least one good conscious> ...Gentleman can surely fit dis bill... & he WON"T be at RotR...

Heartikal, we had Jah Mason (w/Lutan Fiyah) up here in Portland, coupla years ago, once a dj show, once wid a local band, both were firey performances, he's grown immensly since dem times... witness his works on two recint releases Never Give Up & Most Royal
June 08, 2004 01:24PM
To all the dancehall heads,
I don't why u r complaining about there being no dancehall. It might not be on the main stage but Stone love and Jah warrior hi fi are both playing. these are two of the best sound systems around and will rock the dancehall. Last years highlight for me was Daddy U roy and Brigader Jerry. Get your roots at snwmf then go to rotr and get your dancehall fix. The point is both festivals are better than anywhere else in the world (exept JA) so be happy to go them. one love and respect to all
June 08, 2004 01:38PM
Downbeat on Friday and Stone Love on Saturday. Should be fun.

fourtwentyplenty
June 08, 2004 01:39PM
im going to both since they happen at different times haha
last year snwmf was the roots fest for sure
fully and the crew handled it
if he has the same band this year, horsemouth and tony chen were both part of the early incarnation of the burning band, and now the spear is here!
barrington covered 50 cent for the newschoolers- man that ras can work the crowd
briggy and sistacarol and uroy latenight...
roots is the irie vibe
family style JAH!
June 08, 2004 02:42PM
danabis wrote:

> im going to both since they happen at different times haha
> last year snwmf was the roots fest for sure
> fully and the crew handled it
> if he has the same band this year, horsemouth and tony chen
> were both part of the early incarnation of the burning band,
> and now the spear is here!
> barrington covered 50 cent for the newschoolers- man that ras
> can work the crowd
> briggy and sistacarol and uroy latenight...
> roots is the irie vibe
> family style JAH!

June 08, 2004 02:43PM
TO NEGATIVE
June 08, 2004 02:55PM
TO NEGATIVE NELLY, SOUNDS LIKE YOU DON'T KNOW THE FIRST THING ABOUT REGGAE. SEEMS LIKE YOU JUST WANT TO BASH WHOS PLAYING. I'VE BEEN LISTENING TO REGGAE FOR 20 YRS. I'VE BEEN TO ROTR FOR THE PAST 10 YRS, I'VE SEEN IT ALL. IF WHAT YOU LIKE IS STICKLY DANCEHALL, TAKE YOUR ASS DOWN TO MONTEGO BAY. YOU'LL SEE IT ALL !!!!!!!!. BUT NOBODY WANTS TO HEAR YOU "BO WHO", ABOUT WHO YOU WANT TO SEE AT SNWMF. IF ITS TOO ROOTSY FOR YOU, JUST DON'T GO.!!!!!!! BELIEVE ME I LOVE DANCEHALL, I LOVE IT ALL. I WAS SO EXCITED TO SEE CAPLETON LAST YEAR, AND I'VE NEVER BEEN MORE DISAPOINTED. ALL HE SAID WAS MORE FIRE FOR TWO HOURS. SO AS FAR A CONCIOUS DANCEHALL, YOU MUST OF MIX HIM UP WITH "CHUKKY STAR". ANYWAY, HOPEFULLY I WONT RUN IN TO YOU AT SNWMF, BECAUSE I'M PRETTY F****** EXCITED AND I DON'T WANT YOU TO RUIN MY GOOD TIME. PEACE BRO!!!!
flip
June 08, 2004 03:10PM
best part of Capleton's set was Bongo Herman playing on the drifter rythmn. not too vexed about it.............going to be a great time in 04....just like 03, 02, 01 and 00..........
AndreaSLO
June 12, 2004 10:53AM
Why doesn't somebody just make a Dancehall festival- so reggae festivals don't have to be infiltrated with negative/militant dancehall vibes
June 13, 2004 11:15AM
Heya,
Everyone so focused on young new, is the message really gathered? Munst wonder.
Nobody speaking of early dancehall at snwmf. What of Linval Thompson and Don Carlos? Oldschool frontrunners, right? But maybe I'm too young to know. Personally I prefer to hear the words of the elders.
( )
June 14, 2004 11:49AM
Jr. KElly...Jr. Kelly....Jr. KElly....I'll keep saying it all thway till Friday...then I'll drop it on Friday and have a good time....I've been listening to reggae for 12 years JREAMER, what is the first thing about reggae? And if you do see me there I've got a big hug and nug for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login