Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

This is America

Posted by Ninja 
This is America
May 07, 2018 08:08PM

No it isn't reggae but it is protest music at it's finest.
Re: This is America
May 08, 2018 04:34PM
May 08, 2018 07:54PM
agreed
May 08, 2018 09:49PM
Video of the decade right there....
May 09, 2018 12:11AM
I viewed this first thing Sunday morning, before the sun came up. It rocked and shocked me all day. Indelible imagery.
May 09, 2018 03:39PM
This is message music at it's finest. People can say a lot of things about "this generation" but they got to give it up when you see someone doing BIG things. This cat is a house on fire right now.
May 16, 2018 02:34PM
Ninja, I have become the coolest old man at work because I sent that video you posted to all the youngsters here. Thanks smiling bouncing smiley

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
May 16, 2018 06:34PM
Nice!
May 16, 2018 07:37PM
Donald Glover should be awarded the Nobel Prize. They set a precedent by giving it to Bob Dylan ... How bout Childish next for:

Isaiah 11:6

"a Child shall lead the way"

Womb/man in the Hills to Aristotle, Socrates, Hillel, Voltaire, Rousseau, Sojourner Truth, Frederick Douglass, Yabby You, Paulo Coelho, Donald Glover & a cast of thousands

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2018 07:45PM by Peacemakeya.
May 16, 2018 08:15PM
Nobel Prize?! C’mon, he’s not saying anything others have not said before...

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
May 18, 2018 04:07AM
HiGrade

Nobel Prize?! C'mon, he's not saying anything others have not said before

True, but like Issac Newton said: "We stand on the shoulders of the greats who came before us."

Would an NAACP award work for you? For example, IMO one of the greatest all times movie ever made: 'Life of a King' with Cuba Gooding Jr., based on an inspirational true story, got dissed by Hollywierd. Not even a Grammy mention, but it was nominated for the NAACP award.

Perhaps it's a segue off the Childish Gambino topic (but maybe in a roundabout way it's very on topic) to ropes-in Cuba Jr.'s dad Cuba Gooding Sr. (RIP) with his 1972 hit song "Every Body Plays the Fool" - The Main Ingredient

When nuff of our evolutionary human race evolves the humility to realize our present foolish monkey business is headed toward total destruction, as Donald Glover is so powerfully teaching thru his music & video ... then hopefully we will find a way thru these perilous times so our children's children will still have a place to call home on this planet Earth.

Jackie knew:

May 18, 2018 04:57AM

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”
May 18, 2018 04:34PM
Just a question.. but do most Nobel peace prize winners say anything different from those who come before them? Seems like doing/saying something that shows that violence is the norm but not the answer might be a pre requisite to winning.. Also, context (timing) has a lot to do with it.. just today.. another 8 (at least) High School kids got blasted and killed in Texas.. don't worry though.. This is America.. by the weekend the Royal Wedding will be dominating the headlines..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login