Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Oroville Rock Reggae Festival

Posted by westafari 
Oroville Rock Reggae Festival
May 11, 2018 02:37AM
Can anyone fill me in on if this festival is cool or not. Any details would be awesome. Is Ifa Journey a good promoter? Do the bands show up?
Re: Oroville Rock Reggae Festival
May 11, 2018 03:23AM
Heard there were some issues last year, coupla no shows, the hair band split or something. Must have been money. I would go if it isn't 110 degrees.

Love that reggae!
May 11, 2018 03:26PM
Did Lutan Fyah and LA guns show up two years ago?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 03:27PM by westafari.
May 11, 2018 05:52PM
There was no last year, and the year before not everyone showed up and.......................................................................
mi nah say nuttin more, zeen
lineup is looking good

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2018 05:54PM by Haile Bless.
May 12, 2018 02:30PM
Thanks Haile. Maybe you can PM me and let me know more.

People on this forum are honest about the North West Reggae Fest and that whole scam there. I would love and appreciate to find out the real truth here before I drop $$$ on an RV pass and tickets for me and my girl. Truth....seen.
May 15, 2018 01:38AM
westa: lutan was there and put on a wicked show

Respect Same Way
May 15, 2018 05:39AM
Thanks Tahoe. That’s great news. One question Tahoe, are you also known as Ifa Journey?
May 15, 2018 08:08AM

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
May 17, 2018 04:22PM
My bad

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/18/2018 05:27AM by westafari.
May 19, 2018 01:35AM
thats hilarious
Ifa is much more well known than I
May 23, 2018 03:47AM
I think I’m going to pass on this festival. So many other fun festivals that same weekend. Jah bless.
May 25, 2018 09:38PM
It was Briggy that we missed that last time (along w LA Guns - but they were kind of a weird pick to begin with). It's a nice location and mellow vibes, I'll probably be there, especially as I'm missing SNWMF this year (family first).
May 25, 2018 09:41PM
you going to northern nights westa?
May 27, 2018 07:21PM
YahTahoe. I got my RV pass and tickets. Still waiting to see the lineup for ROTR. It’s hard to go up there two weekends apart. If the lineup for Reggae is dope, I will scalp my NN stuff. We will see. You going up there?
May 28, 2018 04:15AM
Is this festival still at the same venue next to a big ass river?

...Whats not to love?
May 29, 2018 05:37AM
westa: im playing at northern nights and hopefully at rotr so i will be at both
I think both lineups will be nice!

Respect Same Way
May 29, 2018 09:42PM
What do you play and with what band?
May 30, 2018 01:38AM

Ifa and Stephen originally put this on. This festival grows every year. Husband and wife team.

Except last year they put it off due to the Oroville Dam Emergency Repair Project.

It is on a great little venue, lots of shade, breeze from the river and irie vibes although it can get hot. The owner of the property is very cool when you respect. Very mellow vibes and venue.

I had fun working this festival.

I made a slideshow but just recently deleted it. Here is a pic of Hempress Sativa I took and got to meet.

RiverCreek (Riv Mancuso) aka Robbinjaye
May 30, 2018 01:54AM

on the left..... smoking smiley

--------------------------------------
FullWatts on your stereo...™
May 30, 2018 04:12AM
Never been to this one but I remember seeing LA Guns on the website and thinking that was a weird choice for a reggae fest. I used to see them play in hollywood back when I was in high school. Did they not show in 2016?
May 31, 2018 11:11PM
No, they cancelled. There was a group of youngsters who also play hard rock that did perform, and as I understand it, Ifa was promoting them, and has always envisioned a festival of mixed genres (hence the name). Might be a bridge too far to gap in this case, but I was actually looking forward to seeing LA Guns, LOL
June 01, 2018 08:01AM
Soul and style, just because there is a river doesn’t mean people go swimming in it....lol. The Feather River is not like Reggae on the River’s Eel. It’s swift and sometimes can take you away.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2018 08:02AM by westafari.
June 01, 2018 06:24PM
Westa: Im a DJ (DubFyah)

Respect Same Way
June 01, 2018 07:39PM
westafari
The Feather River is not like Reggae on the River’s Eel. It’s swift and sometimes can take you away.

Hehe - many of us remember when SNWMF was in Marysville, where the Feather met the Yuba. Talk about getting swept downriver in no time! Still, nice to be able to jump in and cool off when it's blazing out. smiling smiley
June 18, 2018 04:44AM
I miss it being in Marysville...so close it was. The river was nice not stagnet. Although, I think Boonville has become its home now and love it in Boonville.

RiverCreek (Riv Mancuso) aka Robbinjaye
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login