Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Ganja Lion is Stirring

Posted by nomotrouble 
The Ganja Lion is Stirring
May 12, 2018 05:45PM
How happy would Peter Tosh be today? Probably mixed emotions, because Ganja hasn't really been legalized here in Cali, but mostly commercialized.

I have a long history with Ganja, it being my preferred intoxicant. I grew up in Fairbanks, Alaska, where our family friend and Chief Justice of the Alaska Supreme Court Jay Rabinowitz, RIP, declared that the state could not make a living thing illegal, and so Ganja was freed up to a great extent. There were no legal sales, and years later they recriminalized it, but in that election more folks voted to keep weed legal than voted for the governor. So Alaska again decriminalized it last year.

When i moved to California in 1982, my outside rearview mirror was loaded with some stash, and though the Canadians searched extensively, they didn't remove the mirror, and we smoked our way through Canada. Through the years i've seen the price rise and fall, the quality almost always getting better. There are some very skilled geneticists and growers in this state. But what's been missing for me is the opportunity to grow some myself without fear of reprisal. That is where we are now. The taxes on legal marijuana are extreme, and this week there are finally signs that the state will lower some of the taxes because sales have been disappointing. Personally, i've bought less weed in a store since it went legal because of the dramatic increase in price. For me, the solution is to grow your own. We should all have a few plants in the garden. Then you can control what you are smoking. If you have more than you need, give some away. This is how we fight commercialization.

Don't get me wrong, i appreciate the stores. Might have one myself someday. But the taxes are way too high currently, hope they fix that.

So if you look at national politics now, there is discussion of changing the federal pot laws. The Great Ganja Lion is stirring, and there will be many benefits in the future. How has the legalization affected you?

Love that reggae!
Re: The Ganja Lion is Stirring
May 12, 2018 06:32PM
I genuinely appreciate all the growers and sellers here in Santa Cruz. So many choices. That said, my favorite herbs always come from my garden. Always have. Now, at least, I am not so worried about jack boots coming over the fence.

There is nothing finer than a long draw from a flower that I watched and watered from seed to sack.

I good friend of mine got busted for growing a small garden last year back in Wisconsin. He was dragged through babylon and has had his life totally ruptured.

And all he wanted was a nice, safe source of kindness.

Appreciate our freedoms. Not everyone can be so blessed.
May 12, 2018 06:33PM
Up here in Oregon/Washington I'm doing okay with my 15% veteran discount at all dispensaries. But the Cali situation does stir up my emotions a bit, and the appreciate your concern.

respect
May 14, 2018 09:06PM
I genuinely appreciate all the growers and sellers here in Santa Cruz. So many choices. That said, my favorite herbs always come from my garden. Always have. Now, at least, I am not so worried about jack boots coming over the fence. There is nothing finer than a long draw from a flower that I watched and watered from seed to sack. I good friend of mine got busted for growing a small garden last year back in Wisconsin. He was dragged through babylon and has had his life totally ruptured. And all he wanted was a nice, safe source of kindness. Appreciate our freedoms. Not everyone can be so blessed.

Truth there Jahsprey...maybe what Bob meant by a "bad Card"

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
May 14, 2018 09:06PM
I genuinely appreciate all the growers and sellers here in Santa Cruz. So many choices. That said, my favorite herbs always come from my garden. Always have. Now, at least, I am not so worried about jack boots coming over the fence. There is nothing finer than a long draw from a flower that I watched and watered from seed to sack. I good friend of mine got busted for growing a small garden last year back in Wisconsin. He was dragged through babylon and has had his life totally ruptured. And all he wanted was a nice, safe source of kindness. Appreciate our freedoms. Not everyone can be so blessed.

Truth there Jahsprey...maybe what Bob meant by a "bad Card"

But I say... Some Never Even Plant yet want to Reap,
If you run, be careful, try to look before you leap;
Took a little walk from my Vineyard...
Now I'm on my own
Now I'm left alone..
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login