Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Capleton charged with rape, asserts he’s being extorted

Posted by Ras Matches 
Capleton charged with rape, asserts he’s being extorted
May 13, 2018 07:34PM
Gleaner

This a repost if an earlier thread. Most do not know who Clifton bailey is. The gleaner link was borrowed from the previous thread. Title of thread is summary of article.

“Blues, Metal, Reggae”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/14/2018 10:02PM by Ras Matches.
Re: Capleton charged with rape, asserts he’s being extorted
May 14, 2018 05:03PM
crickets... I am not saying whether or not the guy did it. I do find it troubling that people who have just as much an idea as I do are acting like they know. The guy makes music, other than that I don't know the dude from Adam (not you Ras Adam).
May 15, 2018 12:37AM
May 15, 2018 02:14AM

capletonmusic wrote:

Greetings,

I vehemently deny all accusations of sexual misconduct and do not condone crime or violence against women or anyone. I’m the target of an extortion scheme and my lawyers and I presented evidence to the authorities to fight this false accusation.

I’m an entertainer for 30+ years, blessed with a career and opportunity to tour the world, promote reggae music, help people and serve as a positive role model. I’m also a father with daughters that understand the responsibility of a role model and would never do anything to hurt anyone or jeopardize my career.

I always advocate for women’s rights and empowerment thru my music, company employees and charity endeavors. “A St Mary Mi Come From” serves as a platform for new artist to showcase their talent and gives back to hospitals, schools, community centers, youth clubs, police associations for the past 13 years. Some of these institutions are operated by remarkable women, that I respect and will continue to support.

I have faith in JAH that justice will prevail and give thanks for all your support.
May 15, 2018 05:19PM
Hope this gets cleared up doesn't turn into a Jah Cure situation!
May 15, 2018 05:23PM
This is what I don't understand.. he went to the cops with his evidence before he was arrested? So why did they arrest him and put a large bail for him? Is that standard? I hope he is innocent too but maybe for different reasons. I hope he is innocent because it means there was no rape victim. All that noise about what he has done doesn't matter. It is just "do I look like a guy who would need to rape someone".. IF he has evidence that shows she is out to get him more power and I hope there are no vendetta's against him by those in power. This whole thing is sad. I just don't get why you would have someone in your room without others being there.. seems like the more people there you take the opportunity for what he is claiming to happen from happening.
May 17, 2018 07:21PM
from stories i've heard from some on this board from dealings they've had with him makes mi think this kinda activity is right up his alley...

--
blessid love
ras danny
higher reasoning reggae time
KBOO Portland, Full Strength Community Radio
*Love is a net that catches hearts like fish.*
-Muhammad Ali
*I don't like reggae, I love it*
May 19, 2018 12:29AM
I dont believe a word!
May 19, 2018 02:05PM
you don't believe a word of what? The accuser? The accused?
May 21, 2018 03:16AM
I've heard stories that make me think Capleton is not a terribly nice person, but I have no idea whether sexual assault is something he would do. Unless somebody here has first hand evidence or knows witnesses we should remain silences until we hear the whole story.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login