Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Festival, RV, and general advice

Posted by Ras Gudka 
This forum is currently read only. You can not log in or make any changes. This is a temporary situation.
Festival, RV, and general advice
May 21, 2018 05:10PM
This is my 1st time at SNWMF and I was hoping to get some advice from the regulars. I'll be camping in an RV but is it like ROTR where everyone is waiting at the gate at 5am or something (even tho it doesn't open till 9am)? I was planning on getting there about 11am - is that too late in terms of getting an RV spot, etc? I mean is it crowded and busy? I imagine this year will be busier as there's no ROTR. Is the RV/camping site far from the festival bowl (need to be able to make it back to the RV in one piece LMAO)?

What time does the festival actually start on Friday? Amazing line up BTW. Can't wait!!

Any other advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!!
Re: Festival, RV, and general advice
May 21, 2018 06:11PM
Have you purchased an RV camping ticket yet Ras Gudka?

If you haven't yet purchased an RV pass, then you are out of luck as those are sold out.

If you HAVE already purchased one then you should be good to go regardless as to what time you arrive.

This map shows the two locations where RVs are placed. I believe the 'lighter' orange area is for RVs with hookups only. Those without hookups go in the other location, which also has some hookups located there as well.

May 21, 2018 06:36PM
IF you have not and you need to get an RV spot you may consider the Brewery up the road. I imagine they still have plenty.
May 21, 2018 08:24PM
Daniel - THANK YOU SO MUCH for the map and info. I do already have my RV pass with hookups!

Ninja - thank you too for the info.

I'll be driving up alone and meeting friends there so I wasn't sure about things! This help tho. Thanks again.
May 21, 2018 08:55PM
If you want to get into the light orange space Danial was talking about (which is the place to be if you like a short walk to the music) then you need to get there early.
May 21, 2018 09:10PM
I agree with Chroniccom's post and, fyi, the gates to the fairgrounds open at 5pm on Friday and the music starts at 6pm.
May 21, 2018 09:40PM
Any chance you have room for one more on Thursday? I’m volunteering and will help in so many ways for the ride up and will get my own ride back