June 08, 2018 08:34PM
Re: Oct 7th Vegan Fest Van Nuys
June 08, 2018 09:03PM
Yes!
September 15, 2018 07:57PM
September 16, 2018 01:13AM
They need volunteers! Come on down or up!
October 09, 2018 11:09AM
October 10, 2018 11:02PM
One out of three? Sister Carol performed but time ran out for Bushman and Glen Washington.
October 11, 2018 02:18AM
Macka B?

Love that reggae!
October 11, 2018 05:00PM
I talked to Sis, Macka B and her were the only ones who played. It sounded like more than time ran out....
October 12, 2018 07:01PM
sounds like a mess... promoters and venues need to do better... reggae shows have deservedly earned the bad reputation because of events like this and the oroville fest and northwest fest etc...
October 12, 2018 10:02PM
And that debacle in Richmond I attended.

Love that reggae!
October 13, 2018 06:57PM
So true Sam, and we also really need to address the Damagers in the biz too, such a lack of professionalism! As you know, last night we played the Sweetwater again, and as usual (although this time it was Robbie instead of Fenton) the headlining act showed up hours late for soundcheck and then proceeded to use it as a rehearsal, not only taking over our soundcheck time but also causing a line down the street, as people waited a half hour or so after the doors were suppose to open for them to finish. This pretty much happens every single time, and usually when I ask the musicians, they have not been informed of the timeline that is so clearly communicated by the manager of the Sweetwater, who says its reggae acts alone he has these issues with! Stuff like this is harming the biz overall, and could so easily be avoided, its pretty dang simple to let ones know what time they have to be there, and it makes things flow so much more smoothly. Thats my 2 cents at the moment of a few bucks worth of observations and frustrations I have.
October 13, 2018 10:56PM
yikes
communication is key
October 13, 2018 10:57PM
heard the show was nice first night though!

Respect Same Way
October 14, 2018 01:52AM
Yes Communication and Punctuality are both key. Show was nice for sure, and there was a good crowd!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login