Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

New riddims / suggestions?

Posted by eric v 
New riddims / suggestions?
March 23, 2005 05:21PM
Hello Massive,

Hope you are all doing well, once again we are swimming here in California rainfall.
I did have a question to ask, what current riddims are you finding out there that you like?

I am thinking about putting an order in today for some new 7s and my speakers aren’t working on the computer, so can’t check sound samples. Any recommendation are very appreciated. There are a few that I’m wondering about:

Sun is Shining (Big League)
Truths & Rights (Massive cool smiley
Swing Easy (Dirtwork X)

Thanks much
One love
eric v
TR-808
Re: New riddims / suggestions?
March 23, 2005 05:28PM

i didn't go with that Big League set but as soon as this is posted about 20 people will toss bottles at me (in other words, i didn't get it but a lot of others did).

the next two are very strong.. Dirtwork X set is killer
March 23, 2005 05:39PM
Truths & Rights = real nice,
Sun Is Shining = nah as great but good still...
dunno bout dat othah one...

imho
Ras Danny
Higher Reasoning Reggae Time
KeithM
March 23, 2005 06:00PM
Yeah Truths and Rights is hot right now

The Bomb a Drop riddim is a nice dancehall tune
and Drop Leaf is STILL going strong.
March 23, 2005 06:35PM
Love Drop leaf and Joy ride.
?
March 23, 2005 06:39PM
i've got to SMOKE ON THE ERB, i've got to make love to my girl, i've got to praise selassie I, i've got to smoke the herbs and get high
March 23, 2005 06:41PM
i've had the dirtworx tunes for some time now and they still jam! i love the flip to sizzla's, artist named ice and the tunes called "greatness", as well as the richie spice highgrade tune. actually, way too many great ones to mention--get 'em all. you can't beat the value of good double-sided singles, unless of course it's with a wicked version...

m.
March 23, 2005 07:54PM
Lava ground is new isn't it?
it's good.
KeithM
March 23, 2005 08:01PM
Lava ground is great one.
March 23, 2005 09:36PM
Hard Times, Superior, and the Sleng Teng Resurection are on the top of mi playlist these day!!
Jah Bless
flip
March 23, 2005 09:51PM
like that truth and rights...what i have heard of sun is shining is ok but i'm not buying.
don't really understand the drop leaf riddim. i have the sizzla, gentleman and jah cure tunes on 7''. it sounds like sappy r and b to me but thats just my worthless opinion.
KeithM
March 23, 2005 09:51PM
Hear the hard times, Lacva Ground and Sleng teng at www.reggaelink.com where they are featuring a mix I recently made!!
March 23, 2005 11:16PM
Turn the tempo up on the drop leaf. Turn up the volume. Maroon, nice late 04 rythm- fantan mojah hail the king. Selah!
farifoundation
March 24, 2005 12:37AM
what does making love and erb have to do with hailing His Majesty?
March 24, 2005 12:38AM
huh?

john-ross doufaurie
March 24, 2005 12:40AM

> what does making love and erb have to do with hailing His Majesty?

everything, according to Sizzla!
March 24, 2005 12:51AM
>first born< set is pretty nice.especialy the capleton track.
one love-juan love
March 24, 2005 07:52AM
drop leaf ... a bit r&b'ish ... but has some kinda feeling to it ... everyone loves it here ... mainly the gentleman - sizzla and of course the jah cure cuts ...

hard times strong still
lion paw ... dunno how new that one is though
BMC
March 24, 2005 08:26AM
That lion paw is at least about 6 or so months old. On the 7's it is called the Nine Eleven riddim though. Nice riddim.

Many 2004 riddims mentionned above. 2005 didn't have too much to offer yet on the roots end, but still Dub Inna Rome, First Born and Truth & Rights are very nice.

The newer cuts to Superior are much weaker than the initial set from 2004 imo.
March 25, 2005 12:49AM
Try Out For Culture Gold And Green Riddim Wit Bascom X / Fanton Mojah
or Farmer Man With I Wayne And Bascom X

And Thug Reggae Big Up Riddim And Genocide

Dancehall : Cookie Monster or Ipod Riddim
April 01, 2005 09:15PM
Well dere iz di:
-he speaks riddim
-money time riddim(beenie man das reel good)
-big jeans riddim vybz cartel
-chikikita riddim
-blackout riddim
-crybaby okay
-fifth avenue riddim
-hot pepper riddim too
and das all di new wuns i noe
April 02, 2005 10:42AM
Superior
Truth & Rights
Blaze
Roots Tonic
Book of Rules
Jah Works
No War
One for The Road
Bubblin Touch (It's ok)
TR-808
April 02, 2005 06:24PM

eric -- check 'real life'

[www.snwmf.com]
April 03, 2005 09:32PM
Drop leaf is missing it somehow. There are some good tunes like Footprints, got to be strong, when will things change and longing for, but I think it isn't the riddim that makes them good. I know alot of people like it, but it doesn't impress me as much as Hard Times, or the one I-Wayne does Satisfy her on. Its fatherly something or other. I haven't heard a whole lot of the others though.
April 04, 2005 07:27AM
I am new on-line, brethren the Drop leaf riddim is deep and it shows how we are a versatile people when it comes to music. It don`t have to be loud and bassie, i find the drop leaf riddim soothing and good for the soul...Bless up
April 04, 2005 07:31AM
I'm going crazy(er) waiting for the Jamrock riddim to drop. Ahhhhhh!!!

humboldt native
April 04, 2005 03:59PM
i still like "dawn of the dead" PINCHERS dubplate...on the dropleaf....uhhhh...no ones got dat..............................................i do! right spleece?
KeithM
April 04, 2005 04:27PM
Author: Spliff Smoker (206.78.140.---)
Date: 04-03-05 14:32

Drop leaf is missing it somehow. There are some good tunes like Footprints, got to be strong, when will things change and longing for, but I think it isn't the riddim that makes them good. I know alot of people like it, but it doesn't impress me as much as Hard Times, or the one I-Wayne does Satisfy her on. Its fatherly something or other. I haven't heard a whole lot of the others though.

I agree with that...the hard times is excellent...its the father jungle rock
April 04, 2005 04:32PM
I finally busted out the latest gentleman album and it is tops. His singing has matured is a major way. The production on that album is fantstic. Much better than a lot of the output from JA recently. Seems like he is employing some German producers?
April 04, 2005 04:44PM

>>
i still like "dawn of the dead" PINCHERS dubplate...on the dropleaf....uhhhh...no ones got dat..............................................i do! right spleece?
<<

LOL, Marty, I KNEW you'd like that tune man. What ya think of dat Norrisman MURDERATION dub? Now you need a Buju and a Cutty Ranks...
April 04, 2005 04:54PM

So all these older riddims ya'll list are great, but the thread was asking about CURRENT riddims, so to get everyone back on track here, has anyone heard anything of these CURRENT riddims:

state of emergency
bomb a drop
smarties
jonkanoo
travell
memories by the score
reali life
gi gi
boops
love me forever
bundle
frontline

Oh! And I see this one is back in stock:
Dennis Brown - Joy in the Morning (world a music)

I'm thinking of actually ordering some 7"s for a change...

-s
April 04, 2005 04:56PM
Drip a bomb is ok, sounds a lot like the scoobay.
TR-808
April 04, 2005 04:56PM

Author: TR-808 (---.dsl.chic01.pacbell.net)
Date: 04-02-05 10:24

eric -- check 'real life'

[www.snwmf.com]
April 04, 2005 04:57PM

Eric, you asked specifically about the following:

>Sun is Shining (Big League)

Ehhh.....

>Truths & Rights (Massive cool smiley

BUY IT ALL!!!

>Swing Easy (Dirtwork X)

Ehhh.... (R Spice is okay on this, but I think that's just due tot he subject matter)

Check your email dood: I just sent you and Marty the most current list from the island...

-s
Wah Gwan>?
April 04, 2005 04:59PM
Boops on the remix is niceness...general trees getting in the mix.
April 04, 2005 06:06PM
Sun is shining riddim is alot like the drop leaf. They have some good tunes, but its not the riddim that makes the tune in their case.
Spleece, love me forever is a remake of an older riddim right?
k zar
April 04, 2005 06:09PM
for roots, dub ina rome is the one for me right now...london rock is aight. justice on deja vu is ok. drop leaf is great if you like ice cream.
April 04, 2005 07:02PM
I like the see mi yah riddim on burial mix

Michael
April 04, 2005 07:14PM
if father jungle rock the one that starts off with the "jah jah see them a come" intro ...
humboldt native
April 04, 2005 07:32PM
maximum sound-poor people jah cure@anthony b

spleece- Ya my man- Norrisman kills it on that dub ya know. i still like my Hard Times dubs, will be hearing those for sure this summer
April 04, 2005 09:46PM
If You Like Drop Leaf Then Check Out TREE Riddim Its The Same Beat As Drop Leaf But With A Couple of Diffrent Drums and Such.

Check Out If You Want Culture: Gold & Green/ Issa Charr/ Voice Stream/ Lava Ground/ First Born/ Farmer Man/ Tear Drops/ Juggling/ Waiting In Vain
BMC
April 04, 2005 09:59PM
The very recent Saga riddim on Ffrench is wicked!
April 04, 2005 11:28PM
hey spleece--

now i know you're not a fan of the swing easy out on dirtworx (been out a while now), except for the richie spice tune because it's about the weed! but have you heard the ice tune "greatness", i think this one is on the sizzla flip-side. also a big cut by zahair called "stained". several others i really like, too, but curious if you've heard these two specifically, and what you think...

m.
ps--(the trip countdown is under 30 days, and we've got a couple of nice shows to look forward to finally! see you at snwmf.)

April 05, 2005 12:49AM

Yo MK! Amsterdam right?

I DO have the Ice tune, and it's pretty cool! I have another tune from Ice on 'that likkle girl' riddim that's really getting a lot of play right now, and I've heard some of his dancehall stuff recently too too. I really like the voice! My favorite on the dirtwork-x versions is the combo with Yami, Delly, and Mega Banton. The only reason I'm not so much into the dirtwork-x version, is because I have never heard a label do a better version than PENTHOUSE back in the day. The T Rebel, Buju, Cobra, Frankie Sly, come on! Maybe I'm just spoiled....

Norrisman rips it on this riddim too, but I think on the Mac Dada lable from well over a year ago.

I haven't heard the Zahair tune. Should I?

-s
April 05, 2005 12:51AM

I have a Zahir and Kanga and the red alert riddim, but I don't know who is who... rasta smiley(

-s
April 05, 2005 12:53AM

Kananga....
April 05, 2005 05:07AM
spleece--
i really like the zahair track alot; i thought the underdogs really represented. this is on the luciano flip side, and shames the messenger! luci's tune is pleasant enough--"the messenger is back in your town, so string up your sound, and come in your tens and thousands", but zahairs is tuff! i also think that the ice tune hold its own against the sizzla quite easily. there is also a norris man on this that's pretty good called "lifestyle". but if you don't like the dirtworx run on this riddim, why bother. yes, i also like the combo with three the hard way! but the juniors are tough, and zahair's tune is nice.

m.

TR-808
April 05, 2005 05:20PM

> Kananga

yeah. that guy.. did a nice tune about a year ago, called "herbalist" or somthing right

also, eric v --

state of emergency
KeithM
April 05, 2005 05:27PM
I think he had something on the Red Alert too which was a good one
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login