Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

AKON

Posted by Michael 
AKON
March 27, 2005 11:51PM
If This Is A World Music Festival Then Why Do They Only Get Really Rootsy Culture Artist? People Also Want 2 C Rude Bwoy Artists Like AKON VYBZ KARTEL BOUNTY WAYNE MARSHALL.
Re: AKON
March 28, 2005 12:49AM
Because if they brought in that kind of dancehall jackasses like you who send hostile e-mails to people with subject lines like "Hippy & Hippocrite" would show up.

fourtwentyplenty
HIGHPRAISE
March 28, 2005 03:06AM
Yea !!
March 28, 2005 06:42PM
Sizzla Capleton I wayne Buju Banton Anthony B Lutan Fyah all do Danchall. Even Gentleman has atleast 20 Dancehall Songs. it sounds like Fourtwentyplent is on the ragg.
March 28, 2005 07:33PM
HAHAHAHAHA I don't e-mail people hostilities like you. I simply answered your question. Who's on the rag? Usually I e-mail people to show interest in getting to know them. I got nothing against dancehall. I have my preferences like anyone else. All the artists you mention in the last post I would love to see. I'd add Fantan Mojah and Bascom X to that list also. I'll take it as authentic as the promoters of this event want it. I'm just happy that we're able to come together at an event like this in these times, regardless of my criticisms.

fourtwentyplenty
16_Year_ROTR_Vet
March 28, 2005 10:22PM
Besides all of this other stuff.......Akon is Hop Hop/R&B, not dancehall. Maybe you heard one of his hiphop chunes with a riddim playin under it, but in no way a dancehall artist.
here i come.
March 28, 2005 11:14PM
exactly 16 yr vet... they (dancehall artists) used his locked up song as a riddim, that's about as close to dancehall as he's been. i though dude was joking when he first posted this, but o well
March 29, 2005 04:41AM
i got Akon Songs with TOK VYBZ KARTEL BUJU BOUNTY CAPLETON KARDNALL OFFICIAL SIZZLA And They arnt Remixed Over
March 29, 2005 04:43AM
You May of Been 2 alot of Festivals but go down 2 Jamaica and youll find out that AKON is hitten Charts with all reggae artists. Just Like LIL John did.
March 29, 2005 09:32AM
i wouldnt count on seeing akon @ this fest any time soon.probably closer to never than soon.
one love-juan love
here i come.
March 29, 2005 04:18PM
u mean like thesemoody smiley

2 - Nah Apologize - Sizzla (Locked Up)
3 - Locked Up (Remix) - Akon feat. Vybz Kartel
4 - Locked Up Refix - Akon feat. Bounty & Buju Banton

that's a track listing btw.

and didn't akon help produce "grab di wall"? -- either way, akon's affiliation w/ dancehall is quite slim at best, and nowhere near being qualified for coined name "dancehall artist".
March 29, 2005 09:44PM
That Locked Up Riddim Is All Remixed But Iv got single songs with AKON and many other Artists.Also He was Born In Jamaica. Have You Ever Heard That AKON And TOK Song Ghetto. AKON plays the culture Role and TOK Plays Da Dancehall. AKON Is BIg in Jamaica.
papaj
March 29, 2005 11:32PM
Aliaune Thiam -- aka Akon -- grew up in Senegal before he and his family (including his father, jazz percussionist Mor Thiam) eventually settled in New Jersey. There he discovered hip-hop for the first time, as well as crime. He was eventually jailed, but he used the time to work on his musical ideas. Upon release, Akon began writing and recording tracks in a home studio. The tapes found their way to SRC/Universal, which eventually released Trouble, Akon's debut LP, in June 2004. The album was an interesting hybrid of Akon's raps and silky, West African-styled vocals with East Coast- and Southern-styled beats. ~ Johnny Loftus, All Music Guide

--First of all he isnt from yard,,,,,,check the source above.
--Second of all JA producers have been splicing accapellas of hip hop artsits and having dancehall singers voice over top of them for a LONG TIME.
--there is also a nBIG and 2pac version of Ghetto not to mention a NAs version of locked up....i could go on and on.

Remixing 2 artists vocal tracks together is recording studio 101 non of the before mentioned tracks are official tracks if they were they would be exclusive property of SCR/universal records.
That Tok and Akon is a REMIX by STONE COld records in kingston, They have also done many remakes and remixes of famous tunes.

He recently recorded with kardinal official on the KOPA riddum.
But that was for Black chiney....a US based label.

BUT yes you are right AKON is big in JA.

sekkle your self....
March 29, 2005 11:38PM
KOPA riddim, is that the riddim used on "who you call a n*gga" by Capleton?
papaj
March 29, 2005 11:39PM
yes si
papaj
March 29, 2005 11:42PM
YES
March 30, 2005 12:58AM
Akon recently performed in Barbados and St. Vincent ,,the barbados one was good but the latter hardly have people the local acts totally stole the show. But he does have 3 songs on the chart in the region

Music is the Rod and We are Moses
March 30, 2005 01:26AM
Respect for that Omar. You live on one of said islands, by chance?

April 04, 2005 05:08PM
So AKON does that Mr Lonely tune?

Is that a sample of Ambelique's Lonely Soldier cut for the (augmented pitch) vocal?
April 04, 2005 05:16PM
I guess he used the original Bobby Vinton vocal cut...

"So the 70-year-old Polish Prince was understandably surprised this week when his son pulled a story off the Internet about a new hit song by Akon that samples -- or digitally copies -- portions of Vinton's 1964 No. 1 hit "Mr. Lonely."

On Akon's "Lonely," from his Top 40 album "Trouble," he raps over a fast-forward sample of Vinton singing his signature hit.

"I don't get it," said Vinton. "They speeded me up. I sound like Alvin & the Chipmunks."
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login