March 28, 2005 12:03PM
Crucial roots music outta D.C.
Re: Just Added: Soldiers Of Jah Army
March 28, 2005 12:25PM
Just like Midnite.

Never forget your roots.
March 28, 2005 12:58PM
are you saying SoJA is like midnite ? if so ... i don't agree much at all except for the fact they both play reggae ... SoJA branches into go-go and rock as well ... but they are nice still ... "in jah atmosphere ... there i-n-i must be"
jb welda
March 28, 2005 01:00PM
hes probably saying midnite were also out of DC (sorta)

one love
jah bill
March 28, 2005 01:12PM
(sorta)
>dem R all Americans, Midnite ect.. i* kno dat is so hard to sink but it tru*
-RASpects+
March 28, 2005 01:53PM
not hard to sink in ... being it's the US Virgin Islands ... but still i wouldn't consider them americans ... and i really doubt midnite would consider themselves americans ... plus i'm sure there's visas and such coming to and from the islands no ? it's not like going to another state really

anyways
March 28, 2005 01:59PM
>or Alaska or Hawaii ,ect -RASpects+
March 28, 2005 02:07PM
They developed their sound for years, while living and touring in and around DC.
March 28, 2005 02:10PM
SOJA nah like Midnite in any sense, cep dem fram DC region in dem formative years, an DEM PLAY REGGAE!!! nuff nice tune still
March 28, 2005 02:21PM
>Let Live has much east-coast influence in de building structure. but DC had nothing to do with dat. dis strickley island mon. nah buying it even though it souN great RITE*. -RASpects+
jb welda
March 28, 2005 02:24PM
not sure but i dont think you need a visa to travel between vi and the us and vice versa

one love
jah bill
March 28, 2005 02:30PM
>it's all about the market & frankstonley i* luv DC muzic, Bad Brains & Human Rights dem selves have been 1 of the most close to i* thorough years in American Music. of course iNi 1 world but it all about the market dem know dis,& iNi kno dis & dat iz if u want to get payed for your worx & get ya family out of poverty... babywrong want u to C' blessing in souN & earned rite's to american idol & mass music marketing scams,ya kno*. it's nah about us it's about about dem & dem gased up band stand. so let's leave it @ dat. i* RASpect ALL independent Label's. VP u kno u want dem!>foward^
-RASpects+
March 28, 2005 03:07PM

I like their tune "non Political, Non Partial."

-s
March 28, 2005 09:15PM
Nice to see SOJA added to this years line-up. If you haven't seen theese bredren before you got to check em out. Heavy roots and great live performance. Look forward to seeing them.
HIGHPRAISE
March 28, 2005 11:08PM
Cool, like some tracks... But still ...Whiiiiiii..
March 28, 2005 11:39PM
irie.

March 29, 2005 09:25AM
not even close... i dont like jafaicans...

light it up
March 29, 2005 11:22AM
noone likes you either

I mean......irie.

March 29, 2005 02:57PM
visa needed if u traveling from british VI to USA...
March 29, 2005 04:50PM
Rudie, what is a "jafaican" someone who speaks with an accent, but isn't from JA or someone not from JA that smokes? or someone not from JA that is Rasta or someone not from JA that likes the JA Culture, I mena you gotta come clean here.....let me guess anyone white that is smaller than you?...not from JA of course
tuf-luv
March 29, 2005 05:53PM
No more bloodclot yardies!
March 29, 2005 08:06PM
So, jafakinshakenbake...and I'll helped. Nonsense. I don't what the hell y'all are talking about. Glad to see SOJA on the west coast. Its about time... B.
March 29, 2005 08:15PM
Hola Ras Adam. Are you a fellow Virginian? (Your E-ddress looked like Arlington VA) At any rate... it's a good 'ting to have SOJA at SNWMF. I hope they get some love from the crowd. I'll do my part most certainly!
treez
March 30, 2005 01:01PM
what up VA/DC heads! SOJA's beastin it!! probably will only be at sn in my thoughts but blaze it up for me!!!
March 30, 2005 04:25PM
Hi TinaB,
yeah, from VA. long time SOJA fan. I'm sure they'll get lots of love from the crowd at SNWMF.
March 30, 2005 07:01PM
Hey treez! Come on now. Jet Blue is practically packing the bags for ya! Sometimes ya just gotta choose... food or air ("air drums" that is).
April 14, 2005 12:35PM
For all thoose who haven't heard SOJA be sure to check their website's audio section and get some free mp3's. Peace In a Time of War, Mother Earth and What You Gonna Do.
Bless Up, see you at SNWMF. Big Up SOJA
April 15, 2005 06:03PM
Inna military style ?

Cause jah jah army is wicked & wild
Ras
December 26, 2005 09:45AM
they make great great reggae music, but its hard to be a rasta wen ya a slave to babylon smoking cigs n drinking beers!!!!

living a clean life is RESPECT FOR I&I !!
peace and love to all
December 26, 2005 09:55AM
>they make great great reggae music, but its hard to be a rasta wen ya a slave to babylon smoking cigs n drinking beers!!!!

besides the fact that it's kind of pointless to bring back a thread from last april, hate to break the news to you, but all musicians are people. and about 90% of Reggae musicians, rasta or not, smoke cigs and drink beer too.

Post Edited (12-26-05 09:56)

Dr. Suess (aka Ras James)
Irie Sounds International
December 26, 2005 10:29AM
lol, for real. some people too watchy-watchy.

December 26, 2005 10:59AM
hey chimino, unrelated to SOJA, are you gonna check Don's show at Ashkenaz next month? Peace

December 26, 2005 11:37AM
SOJA's got an album coming out on Jan 6th
December 26, 2005 03:03PM
Good to sight up a youth with his eyes open Ras James...
Opened up for Barrington Levy last year, watched him & Detour soundcheck, BL was chainsmoking during all the setup & check, lighting a fresh cig with the butt of the one he was smoking again & again. Dunno how he can maintain such a sweet high powerful voice doing that...amazing. Felt kinda sorry for the Detours too, around all that 2nd hand smoke.
By and large smoking cuts down on a musician/singer's lungpower and staying power. Touring, however, inevitably means a lot of waiting around...for transportation, soundchecks, interviews etc. It's easy to see why a lot of artist and musicians smoke to pass the time.
An ice cold beer or a refreshing stout is more than welcome after a long set of music under hot stage lights in front of a lively, sweating crowd of dancers. Of course, that means one, not a six-pack.
December 26, 2005 11:30PM
yea I would like to check Don, what's the date again?

December 26, 2005 11:59PM
Jan 27th, $18 in advance, $20 at the door. If it's anything like last time I saw Don there, should be a great (and sold-out) show. Hopefully I'll see you there. Peace

Innerloop
December 27, 2005 12:17PM
S.O.J.A. Presents New Album Get Wiser

Washington, DC (December 22, 2005) Innerloop Records is proud to announce the album release for Get Wiser, the latest work of DC metro area based Soldiers of Jah Army. The album will first be available at the release party on January 6, 2006 at the State Theater located at 220 N. Washington St. Falls Church, VA. Following this date, the album will be available online at sojamusic.com and also digitally through all major digital music outlets.

Soldiers of Jah Army has traveled far and wide since its formation in 1997. In the last 2 years the band has played over 250 shows and held performances throughout the U.S. and beyond to Canada and Puerto Rico. While reggae is the root of the music, the band has many other influences including rock, hip-hop, go-go and other styles creating for them a truly unique sound, which is particularly evident on the new album, entitled Get Wiser.

The album has an impressive lineup of guest musicians, including: Carmelo Romero (vocals), Jahaziel Garcia (trumpet), and Misael Clemente (sax and flute) of Puerto Ricos Gomba Jahbari; Go-go Mickey (percussion) of DCs own Rare Essence, and a string quartet led by DC native Eddie Drennon who was a member of Bo Diddley's band and has worked with numerous other accomplished artists.

This latest work was co-produced, recorded, mixed, and mastered by veteran sound engineer Jim Fox at LION and FOX Studios. As a follow up album to 2003 release Peace in a Time of War(voted #1 of 30 new releases in 2003 by Creation Steppin Radio of Live365.com) Get Wiser is undoubtedly the bands strongest release to date and portrays 14 tracks of original, creative, and conscious music.

For all inquiries, please contact:
Innerloop Records
PO Box 7632
Arlington, VA 22207
(571) 436-7906
(703) 598-7494
Innerloop.records@gmail.com

Listen to songs off this new album at [www.purevolume.com]

Lori
December 27, 2005 10:49PM
I really like the black and white sketches!!
bless
January 05, 2006 11:52AM
manyana...looking forward to seeing SOJA collaborate with Gomba and Go-Go Mickey at the show, and on the new album

peace
January 05, 2006 11:54AM
and eddie drennon and his string quartet should be on point as well
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login