Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sunday is GOOD! Antibalas!!!!!

Posted by Ryanlion 
Ryanlion
sunday is GOOD! Antibalas!!!!!
April 16, 2004 09:26PM
Sunday looks to be great. If you've never experienced Antibalas, then you are in for a treat. Antibalas has a powerful sound, as well as the powerful message within the music. Please make an effort to check them out. Anyone who is disapointed in the lineup on Sunday should be pleasantly supprised. Check them out!
Stevo
Re: sunday is GOOD! Antibalas!!!!!
April 17, 2004 02:45AM
Any insight as to what kind af music they play? What style? Cause their name doesn't help much, as is the case with almost all of the world music on the bill.
And you get these posts where people are baffled as to why no one has heard of 'em. Pretty obvious to me.
April 17, 2004 02:56AM
Afro-Beat. Funky horns and percussion!!!!! Huge band. Solid for shure.
April 17, 2004 04:02PM
MUSICALLY THESE GUYS ARE TOTALLY WORLD-CLASS. Pure Afro-Beat riddems
and it is interesting to see them on the bill with Femi(any chance of seeing
him onstage w/ them?!?!?)----an absolute killer rhythm section and a horn
section that bows to no one. The kind of band that could flex for an hour and just be getting warmed up to take it even higher. Stone groove.
ryanlion
April 17, 2004 05:37PM
Check antibalas.com! They've got two great albums out, and one on the way in June. It's a solid Afrobeat sound, with a deep funk/latin vibe. Super solid on record, but the live show goes beyond. Heavy Fela Kuti influences. PLenty of people have heard of them. They've got quite a following, from their home base on the east coast, to out here on the western end, as well as europe and beyond. Check 'em out.
Stevo
April 17, 2004 07:32PM
I'm definatley gonna be watching them perform now, because of your comments. Thanks for the input.
April 19, 2004 05:05PM
The Name of the group alone has already won me over.

Happy Trails
sillysquirt
April 19, 2004 11:42PM
sounds like fun. Hope I can dance to it smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login