Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

SNWMF Line Up Better Than R.O.T.R.

Posted by Big Smokke 
SNWMF Line Up Better Than R.O.T.R.
April 02, 2005 10:13AM
What do you think. I think that this line up is kicking Reggae On The Rivers...Ass.....and I love R.O.T.R.....and SNWMF is only charging $100.00...count me in.
Re: SNWMF Line Up Better Than R.O.T.R.
April 02, 2005 05:27PM
lol.... by the time june comes....
POST THIS TOPIC AGAIN. The river will bring the best like every year. We are so many months away for anyone to diss or complain.

light it up
April 02, 2005 07:40PM
Let me guess, ROTR was better last year cos it had Capleton & Bounty Killer? Even tho they FLOPPED?

April 02, 2005 08:04PM
>dem burned short bunny wailers set bad. what a joke*
>snwmf should do the Blackheart Man rite!
-RASpects+
shaunsta
April 03, 2005 12:23AM
noooooo just wait black uhuru will be at rotr line up
April 04, 2005 04:07AM
Huh!? I was there and Bunny's set was not short. It was fantastic and he played for a long time. I think he played almost everything off of Rootsman Skanking. If you were there, you must have been out of it.
April 04, 2005 04:11AM
where did u ear dat Shaunsta? dem a betta be at dis show as well seen. I cant find any Blak Uhuru tour info does anyone have any suggestions?
ATLiens
April 04, 2005 03:06PM
Uhuru will be at rotr (they got cali tour dates in august). i kinda think buju will be there as well because he got an album to promote and tour dates that will undoubtedly be in the latter half of the summer here in the u.s. (i also think buju may be at snwmf too - he been out of states for a while now). but rotr will, like always, have a ridiculous lineup, as will snwmf.
April 04, 2005 04:10PM
exactly, this has nothing to do with SNWMF. The line up should be better the festival starts 2 months sooner.
April 04, 2005 06:18PM
sierra sucked last year... Horrible, the worse year in history. nothing on the river last year..... NOTHING.
NOTHING.
nothing.
NOTHING.

light it up
April 04, 2005 06:42PM
1 word:

DUH!
April 05, 2005 12:21AM
Rude boy, If you thought last year sucked that's your opinion, and you r entitled to it, however lame it may be. Last year was epic! But if you you truely feel that way please, please, please, don't freakin come this year. you have a negative comment for everything and no respect for the views of others. I would really hate to have to hear your beligerant voice in person amidst all the sweet sounds of love and peace. So save $100 for some bling bling to wear at your next Sean Paul concert and leave roots for the children of Jah seen! ~IRIE VIBES EVRYTIME~

Post Edited (04-04-05 17:22)

~HIGHEST HEIGHTZ EVERY TIME~
calireggae
April 05, 2005 12:42AM
Well if sierra nevada had "nothing" last year, than I sure hope they bring back that same nothing, I guess this would be a serious case of less is more.
April 05, 2005 04:35AM
Hey ATL's finest? what make you tink BlackUhuru r gwan be dere? Have you heard sumpting? What da dealyo? well if you or anyone else have some insider info on dem please leta bredrin know! ~IRIE VIBES EVERYTIME~
April 05, 2005 04:41AM
rude bwoy is a dancehall elitist, and his absolutist attitude is just as annoying as the anti-dancehall crowd's own. Even Sting brings in international artists like Gentleman, Macka B, Busta Rhymes etc.

April 05, 2005 04:50AM
I a naw anti-anyting mon. INI love all good music ana ave raspec for alla dem playa of instrument jus a don kear fe dem hateful man thats all. peace to u Chimmy hope to see u dere ~IRIE VIBES EVERYTIME~ elitist?!?!?!?!!!?!?!?!?!?
j- bird
April 05, 2005 06:36AM
come on Rudebwoy, how can you say something that ignorant? do you and I actually go to the same festival? If last year had nothing, then what are you looking for? Maybe your not looking for reggae! let me try to convince you that last year does not come around to often. Don Carlos, Israel Vibration, Midnite, Gentleman, Burning Spear. This type of line up doesn't happen all the time! It went from 2:30 in the afternoon to 12:30 in the morning. Outside, in beautiful California. Seriously, tell me it had nothing! You can't be for real. I Know, you just like to "stir up the pot".I get it. hA HA! Why don't you tell me and everybody who you would like to see? Let me see if you have any clue of what your talking about. I guess you will be missing Black Uhuru, because you'll be somewhere looking for something better...
April 05, 2005 02:26PM
-RBS:
(sierra sucked last year... Horrible, the worse year in history. nothing on the river last year..... NOTHING.
NOTHING.
nothing.
NOTHING.)

-----Well I for one feel two ways about that.
1: Someone who really believes that doesn't deserve our disrespect or time reasoning, infact, if he is serious I know id just ignore that poster for some time.

2:HE MUST BE KIDDING!
April 05, 2005 02:28PM
Of course SNWMF's lineup is better than ROTC,
all opinion of course but to me, its a better festival over all,with better people!
and thats the most importent aspect of a fest to me.

-={Truth to All}=-
April 05, 2005 03:17PM
I for one do not think last years lineup sucked but IMO the mainstage headliners were a bit subpar compared to the past. Never caught the vibe of Friday nights world music on the big stage, could have been on the small stage IMO. Sat night was the better of the nights for me, mostly Roots Veterans and Gentleman was nice to see live. On Sunday we get Spearhead to close the show? I know I shoulda been at the small stage for Ras Michael. Now let me say that the dancehall and some of the daytime performances (Briggy and Carlton for one) more than made up for the lack of headliner energy for me. I think this shows you how great of a festival this is. As far as ROTR, I thought they had the better lineup to work with but never got the energy right. IMO there are far too many people at the river who could care less about who is on stage and are more worried about how their "fairy wings" are fitting and whether there are batteries in the glow ring. Not to judge them because fairy's need a place to gather but it is nice when there is a connection/interaction between the performer/s and the crowd. They both are great festivals and I consider myself lucky to be close to both...
April 05, 2005 03:28PM
He is playin you guys
April 05, 2005 07:22PM
I agree Nin
April 05, 2005 09:01PM
SNWMF is a way better experience. The line up is just as good if not better. The headliner doesn't come on at 2:00 A.M, so old farts like myself can make it all night. The crowd is there for the music first party second (in most camps), and there is less of a crowd. The pics I've seen of last years ROTR looked too much like woodstock. At Sierra you don't have to protect a spot all day to keep it. And the camping is better. SNWMF could make it a stronger argument if they had q shuttle to the lake for some swimming. I think many would pay a dollar or two for a ride.
April 05, 2005 10:02PM
"looked" and "IS a way beter experience". Don't be lazy. Looks mean nothing, if you think they do then we disagree so "looking" like Woodstock. Which by the way for anyone who went to the original (I was not around) that is not such a bad comparison. I assume you mean the modern commercial version? As far as a better experience. Peopel who go to ROTR like it a lot so you don't speak for them. Maybe I had a better experience would be a more accurate statement. No ROTR is not "like" this. Hmmmm let me think they do have a shuttle that will take you directly to the lake. They also have ummm a river. I know it is a stretch, but cmon. the only thing I give SNWMF as far as venue goes is it a softer surface. The rocks aren't nice. Every one should hold off making statements on why any crowd is anywhere as you and I are just one person so we can't possibly speak to a crowds intentions. Less of a crowd true that. I would say go and see it for yourself. There are plenty on this site who have been and they still don't like it so it is all about personal prefrence. I am Ninja cat and you can't see me, but I can see you so trod lightly
April 05, 2005 10:41PM
Ninja, if you want to describe something, it usually requires an analogy. The pic I saw (on their site) reminded me of Woodstock. The point I was making is that it was crowded. ROTR was crowded & Woodstock was crowded to say the least. That's liek two + two= four. The fact that you drew a negative connotation from it only strengthens my argument that a crowd makes it less enjoyable. Imagine saying "Man these hot dogs suck" and some nutcase starts with "You can't judge the dog man! The flavor of the dog is only relevant to the taste of the chewer. Don't judge all hot dogs by the one you got!" When there is less of a crowd you can move away from that kinda freak. When I say SNWMF is a better experience, it is obviously an opinion, not a voice of all whoever went to ROTR. Did you think I was the good time judge and had a voice for the masses, or do you think the people of this board are not intelligent enough to discern facts from opinions? Should I go into a rant because you claim that the only thing better about SNWMF is dirt instead of rocks? I know you don't speak for all those who have gone to both, so it's not an issue. Big smoke wanted to know what everyone thought, so we all give our opinions. And yes, ROTR does have a river and a shuttle. I didn't say that they didn't. I said that SNWMF having one too would make my point, that SNWMF is better, even stronger.
You try to preach this holier than thou crap about not judging while you judge someone else's opinion all over this site. Frankly your pseudointelligence baffles me. And then when you talk about yourself in the third person, I understand. You must really love yourself.
April 05, 2005 11:33PM
Spliff,

1) "Holier than though" my post are right here on this website for one and all to see. where do I claime to be better, holier are any of the claims you make against me?

2) Looks liee Woodstock in the context of your post coming right after the comment on the crowd being "party first" . I read that as a "raver" blast on the festival. This is a common and incorrect dis. If that is not what you meant then that is why you can respond to straigten me out.

3)Notice the words, "the only thing I give SNWMF over ROTR is the surface. In case you didn't know the way the english language works is that we use the word "I" to denote personal opinion. That is my opinion and that is all. You see the difference.

4) Maybe this should have been first. I apologise for commin at you like that. I was wrong. I jumped the gun and shouldn't have spoke to you like that.
April 06, 2005 01:18PM
I've seen your posts and that is where I derive at the holier than Thou (That is how it is spelled since you wanna preach English to someone with a degree in it) comment. I don't think I have to tell anyone that it is my opinion when I say one thing is better than another; being subjective, it is understood. If the rave moniker is so common, perhaps there is some truth to it. If your going to preach this whole don't judge philosophy, stay outta message boards, they are packed with opinions which is a judgement. It's ok though, maybe we'll share a toke at the fest.
April 06, 2005 02:40PM
i was just about to comment on how pety both of you were being...arguing about opinions and detail of preferences and such until i saw that last line by spliff....you two should share a fat one and get over it...it's about the music right????
April 06, 2005 02:49PM
YES U
April 06, 2005 03:07PM
shows how uptite you little fassies are... i was joking... now go back to your little herbal tea, with the little lemon tart...

light it up
April 06, 2005 03:19PM
seen spliff, I don't rate my previous post, after a day of reflection. Yes to the Healing of the Nations. Peace
wildflower
April 06, 2005 05:10PM
You all think the ROTR venue is bad, check out "The RUles" on the message board. Basically, all you're allowed to discuss is ROTR!
trinitymlk
April 06, 2005 05:21PM
It's true, they edit posts that aren't directly related to ROTR. The moderator removed a post announcing the Dezarie show in northern Humboldt.
I wrote him asking why he had done that, as the post was directly related to the Humboldt Reggae Community, and he said that they don't allow discussion of any concerts that aren't ROTR.
I explained that more people would probably visit the message board if they allowed people to discuss reggae events, to which he responded that he moderates 15 reggae boards and wasn't concerned about what I thought.

Pretty Weak if you ask me. -MK
April 06, 2005 05:31PM
both boards ar moderated. it is like anything else it is how you post. Primo is one of the best moderators out there. we have had many a live disucssion on that board about a lot of things including other shows. I WILL not speak for you, but I forward both the ROTR and the SNWMF borads for being light years ahead of the main stream media as outlets for discussion of Reggae Music and the Culture.
trinitymlk
April 06, 2005 05:46PM
Light years ahead????

I guess it does have that Orwellian futuristic vibe with all that Big Brother censorship.
The post that was deleted was a pretty standard show announcement, and the only reason I can think of why they edited that particular post is becuase it was related to a show with an artist that is already booked for their festival.
And its not like they are in any danger of not selling out the fest. -MK
April 06, 2005 05:54PM
Everytime I visit the ROTR board it is the same messages from the SNWMF board copied over by a couple of crossovers, who then claim the info as there own. Not that it matters, the info getting out is the key but... Is not the moderator to the ROTR board like back in NY? I thought the River was all about the local scene and economy. I find it hard to believe that nobody in HBC has the ability to run a website and moderate a message board..
April 06, 2005 05:55PM
I agree Bread, I went to that board for the first time the other day, and the moderator had warned the people involved in a discussion of Jahmeek's post(included image of H.I.M. top of the pope), that he would have to remove the thread if anyone complained about the image. I don't sight that being as progressive at all! First and last on that board.

Perfetct Love
April 06, 2005 06:03PM
This is the only board for me! smiling smiley
Acacia
April 06, 2005 06:39PM
From the list of rules: "NOT a place to show off that you know more than others"

Cracking down on cockiness must be quite a daunting task for a message board moderator...
wildflower
April 06, 2005 07:19PM
less moderating, more vaporizing!!!
April 06, 2005 08:00PM
True that Accacia!! This whole topic is Joke IMO. Apples and oranges, I like em both.
April 06, 2005 09:14PM
banana's too
ATLiens
April 06, 2005 10:27PM
grapes. yeah, i like grapes.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login