Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

jah-meek

Posted by danny 
jah-meek
April 18, 2004 03:18PM
u seem to know alot about whats going on. ive never been to this show and was wondering about the best vendors to buy food and merchandise from and also everyone i talk to is not thrilled with beres closing can tell me for sure who is closing sat and sun night?? tanks heaps bredren!! peace b ur journey!
solid rock
Re:
April 18, 2004 03:32PM

hey danny

there really aren't any wrong answers when it comes to vendors and merchandise.

regarding Beres, it is popular on the west coast to think that a reggae artist is somehow not doing their job if they aren't talking about fire and brimstone in each song. i don't agree with that at all. i believe there is lots of room for celebration music -- rub-a-dub and lovers rock that celebrates life by simply being sweet in sound and great to dance to.

Beres is a very gifted and talented artist. i'd suggest that you take him in and make your own choice (FYI though the rumor i've got is that Spearheard will play after Beres, closing Sunday night).

also regarding the meek, let me make one more suggestion:

having a lot to say doesn't always say a lot.
Iri_I
Re: jah-meek
April 18, 2004 06:21PM
No No...beres closing is what we want....just not spearhead
April 18, 2004 10:45PM
-yagga yo+ the only ting solid rock here is the fact burning spear will close saturday. problem with wanting beres to close is that marcia & maxi play with same band as beres & would not be worth in time wize to set stage twice for dem. since it is spearhead with the sunday close call (not well accepted). cant really expect staff to kick franti back three spaces so best would to have beres on small stage if there is to be a close from him in any way. also i* suggest to buy from venderz who put hand work into what their selling. anybody can order wholesale plastic wrapped reggae/rasta stuff & turn it over. >forward the vibez -RASpect+
April 19, 2004 09:46AM
WELL NOW, WHY NOT HAVE SPEARHEAD FOLLOW THE BERES SHOW ON THE MAIN STAGE?? WOULDN'T THAT, UH, SET THE NOTCH UP, SO TO SPEAK?
THAT IS, IS SPEARHEAD GOT THE WILL TO FOLLOW WHAT WILL PROBABLY BE A KNOCK-OUT SET(SPECIALLY IF MR. HAMMOND WOULD HAVE IT IN MIND TO,
SHALL WE SAY, LEAVE NO QUESTION WHO'S THE DON ON SUNDAY NIGHT).
April 19, 2004 10:31AM
-good+ point^. those vibez will be seen in full im sure to the people that in really stick around to watch spearhead. these two acts draw a total differnt crowd for most part & im affraid many that want to watch beres will leave area when he finished & some that wanna see spearhead will try to rize up when franti takes stage. i* self will probley leave early since there will be mazzive good vibes endured by then, i* will be dammed if im gonna let a NO RAS close it in @ end of show. small stage needz to rize up here in i* openion. nuff said -RASpects+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login