Re: ****Bring Army to SNWMF in 2005.******
April 05, 2005 06:41PM
I dont know an army.

-={Truth to All}=-
Volunteer Director
April 05, 2005 06:45PM
PKW,
Army is a vocalist from St. Croix with one of the best voices and delivery out there. Something like a turbo-charged Freddie McGreggor.

You can check out his music at www.vireggae.com, and look out for a new album coming from him soon.

Out of all the artists coming from St. Croix, this is the man that the people need to see and hear, and there would be no better time and place than SNWMF this summer. Respect, MK
jb welda
April 05, 2005 06:46PM
you might want to change your name back there, trinity

one love
jah bill
trinitymlk
April 05, 2005 06:49PM
Glad to see the bigwigs are paying attention to this thread. Cheers, MK
April 05, 2005 06:53PM
JB wears a wig?
April 05, 2005 06:58PM
Mike- where you at right now? back in SC? hit me up bredren, would like to speak with you- T
trinitymlk
April 05, 2005 07:06PM
Yes Levi-T,
Living the highlife in the Cruz. Just trying to get a buzz going on this serious talent. Check your e-mail soon. I'll be sending some good energy towards your family over the next few weeks. Respect, MK
April 05, 2005 07:07PM
army is crucially crucial
April 05, 2005 07:08PM
Can't agree more with Mike Trinity.

Just spoke to Army yesterday, he said his new album soon to be released in next couple months will be powerful with production from the I Grade Camp.

He would be a huge surprise to many of the west coast and usa massive who know little about him.

He was the reason I flew out to croix couple years ago. Because I was doing promotional work for him and abdul of the once dub rise records.

Check vireggae.com for more info and check mtneborecords.com for pictures of him performing last week at the trII east coast shows....!!!!

Massive powerful lyrcist with a style that few possess....
April 05, 2005 08:23PM
Author: Volunteer Director (205.178.118.---)
Date: 04-05-05 11:45

Out of all the artists coming from St. Croix, this is the man that the people need to see and hear, and there would be no better time and place than SNWMF this summer.

Well I agree that it would be great to get Army up to snwmf, but if i were to name one VI artist that "The people need to see and hear", my hands down vote would be for PRESSURE.

He has a killer album that will be released later this month, and would be an excellent addition to the lineup, to say nothing of what he could do in the dancehall....

April 05, 2005 08:27PM
How do ya'll rate Jahcob Seed?
April 05, 2005 08:38PM
Yes Daniel,

Can't agree more with you,

THE PRESSURE IS ON, THE PRESSURE IS ON!!!!

Love his compilations with vaughn, apostle, yahadanai, jahman, also his solo work boogieman and saw him in croix couple years ago, was a very powerful performer with a bright future.

He also produced all the tracks on straight from the heart, the first star lion release.

All over the world, nuff poor people are shouting, the pressure is on!
trinitymlk
April 05, 2005 08:57PM
Hey Daniel...No thread hijacking :-)!!

I love the Star Lion Family and Pressure's collabs, but Army has three albums worth of material that he's just waiting to drop on the unsuspecting massive.

Pressure would be wicked, but my vote is for Army. It is only a matter of time before Army blesses the West Coast, but I really feel his debut should be in Angels Camp.

Lets make it happen in 2005! -MK
April 05, 2005 09:06PM
Army has already "blessed the West Coast" with his appearance at BMD in San Diego last year, and as I said before, it would be good to have him bless the snwmf massive..... You coming out for Muta at Ashkenaz next Tuesday Mike?
trinitymlk
April 05, 2005 09:07PM
Bun,
Jahcob Seed is a tuff outfit featuring Donnie Dread on lead vocals. Their first release "Heed Deh Call" on Donnie's groundbreaking records is a solid roots album, with "Satta," Inna St. Kry," and "Raggamuffin" being crucial tunes.
Since that release, Donnie Dread released a solo album "Set De Pace," which also had some good material, but doesn't get a lot of play around my house.
Respect, MK
seko
April 05, 2005 09:23PM
Good to see Army getting some attention. His music is a must. We did an interview with him a while back at www.virginiareggae.com
April 05, 2005 10:44PM
Daniel, Are you going to Bambu next week in grass valley?
April 05, 2005 10:58PM
Nah, I'll be at the Mutabaruka show that night at Ashkenaz, but will be checking for Bambu Station at Studio Z and/or Ashkenaz the following week.
calireggae
April 05, 2005 11:59PM
army is crucial, would love to see him and pressure at snwmf, too many good acts from st.croix not to give them proper representation.
April 06, 2005 12:14AM
nice calireggae!

Daniel I hope to make the sf shows, not sure as of yet...
April 06, 2005 08:08PM
Just to give further information on Army's new release - the album, Rasta Awake, will be released on I Grade Records in late May (date TBA). The 13 track disc was largely produced by Tuff Lion (of Bambu Station), with additional production by Tippy & Kenyatta of I Grade. Rasta Awake will be Army's first release with all-live instrumentation...so watchout, be prepared and forewarned -- it's a roots masterpiece with some of Army's best songwriting to date. Look out for pre-releases in the coming weeks on igraderecords.com, ireggae.com and riseupshow.tk and select radio stations.

Any radio DJ's not already on our mailing list should email info@igraderecords.com with station name, frequency and mailing address. Email soon since we are about to launch into a serious trilogy of new releases during April and May - Ancient King's Conquering Sound, NiyoRah's A Different Age, and Army's Rasta Awake.

Give thanks for the push Trinity and Ras E. Army would definitely bring something special to SNWMF - as would Pressure. Bring em both!

Oh and just for a clarification, the lead singer for Jahcob Seed is Ludric Lake, not Donny Dread (who produces and plays keyboards in the band). Look for Donny Dread's upcoming release on Groundbreaking Records: X-Kaliba's Baptize Inna de Ghetto

Bless

April 06, 2005 08:22PM
I was waiting Selam for you to come enter this phorum and set the facts straight.
No worries for the push, I feel honored to help I grade become the best reggae roots records company in history, no joke.

Since FYA, I instantly became a loyal I Grade soldier. I will continue to fight for what is right!
Big up Selam, Tippy and the I grade Family! Army on I grade? BOOM

Please, Do not say we didn't warn you. ......
calireggae
April 06, 2005 11:15PM
Ras E, you say all the things I'm thinkin, I've also been all about igrade, since I heard their works, big ups all the igrade artists.
HIGHPRAISE
April 06, 2005 11:21PM
YEEEESS I.. Foward I Grade..
April 06, 2005 11:57PM
Ras E
you hitting up the Bambu Staion show in GV?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login