Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

can I camp in Angels Camp thurs night?

Posted by sillysquirt 
sillysquirt
can I camp in Angels Camp thurs night?
April 19, 2004 04:55PM
Sorry, everyone-
I have one last dumb question. I get lost sometimes and don't want to be rushed, can I camp at the campground before the weekend? If not is there a close by (very close) campground to crash at that is just down the road?
much mahalos- sillysquirt
Re: can I camp in Angels Camp thurs night?
April 19, 2004 06:31PM
Not according to this website. The gate opens Friday morning.
April 20, 2004 08:11AM
check the camping section there is the new melones camp grounds. It looks like maybe 5 mile away from angels camp if you can get there thur night, you will definitely find a ride from there

Michael
April 20, 2004 10:16AM
i'll bring this up again - there are camps set up in the camping area (and also family camp) when i arrive at the crack of dawn friday. to snwmf: if camping is not allowed until friday who is doing the camping thursday nite?
yep
April 20, 2004 10:17AM

probably employees. it takes a lot of work to get the site ready for the festival.

what if they all tried to come in at the same time as the ticketholders?
April 20, 2004 04:04PM
i always sleep in my car outside the gates...
jb welda
April 20, 2004 05:00PM
and thats something the city of angels camp would rather see not happen.

one love
jah bill
sillysquirt
April 23, 2004 01:22AM
I actually was considering the camping near the gate option, even if it was down the road a ways. Just want to be there on time. smiling smiley Used to be such a procrastinater, I have been changing lately. I will check out that other camp (Micheal) is there a phone number or internet site. Mahalos-sillysquirt
April 23, 2004 08:20AM
last year i camped at a lake about 25 miles from the site on Thursday. will probably do the same this year. It is a long long drive.
irie_Sis
April 23, 2004 08:45AM
last year i camped at new melones on thursday night this is a first come first serve area. there was tons of empty camp sites. the gates close but open up early so theres plenty of time to get to the concert on friday morning. its a safe cheap place to lay your head for the night with no worries. id much rather stay there then on the side of the road. everyone be safe bless
April 23, 2004 08:53AM
i wish i could remember the name of the lake. may be the same one...

when we got camp setup on thursday night, after we had some food, we put up a hammock to just relax after the 2 day drive. I was just chilling in the trees...and snap, the knot slipped on my hammock and i crashed to the ground. i had a goose egg on the back of my head and a mild headache the rest of the weekend. i am sure it was very entertaining to the other camperssmiling smiley
Pale Ryder
April 23, 2004 08:59AM
Ouch that sucks!
April 23, 2004 09:08AM
musta had one too many PBR'ssmiling smiley
irie_Sis
April 23, 2004 09:15AM
lol bun be safer this time cant start off with a headache. well lake melones was actually just across the street from the venue you just take the road on the side of that gas station across the street and keep going not very far at all. so it may be the same place, they had a few campground areas though within there,many sites available last year im not sure if its always like that. we had came down from yosemite in our rv so just camped there till morning and then got in line for the concert.
April 23, 2004 09:17AM
Click on camping then go toward the bottom of the page, click on new melones link, a page with a map will come up, then click on the glory hole (01) there is a phone number there.
Irie_sis is right. It is much safer there.
safe travels to all!!
B-n-C, there is a great book on tying knots.........hee hee
couldn't resist
Be careful out there!

Michael
April 23, 2004 09:18AM
(Were trying to make it martigra man)
(Easy Ryder)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login