Posted by regpara 
regpara
Just Added
January 30, 2004 12:47AM
Rocker T
ODB
Re: Just Added
January 30, 2004 11:34AM
Nice, Rocker T put on a great performance in 2000. The album that came out last year is worth bringing him back to snwmf.
January 30, 2004 03:00PM
He is rubbish
January 30, 2004 03:25PM
why do you think he is rubbish? music? lyrics? attitude?
January 30, 2004 03:44PM
Yes I_keith, what is it you don't like?
He stays here madison occasionally and I been blessed to have an opportunity to get to know him, he's truly a conscious soul who speaks from his heart,
but I am always open to other points of view.
bun n cheese
January 30, 2004 04:09PM
maybe he doesnt like his white boy california rasta deejay sound.
napabink
January 30, 2004 05:36PM
A few Big Chunes to his credit. He's forwarding the vibes. And he's been in this thing for a minute or two. Nothing wrong with that. Anyone ever hear "Boss Deejay" ? I think that's what it's called. That song is so crucial. I've smoked up with him and he was cool. Kicked me some free music. In my experience meeting any of the PSM family has been pleasant. I am stoked to see the Rocker come again.
-napabink
bun n cheese
January 30, 2004 06:01PM
No disrespect intended to Rocker T. Seen him play 'nuff times.

but it is not all untrue slander. He is not from yard. He does have some skills, but dont discredit I-Keith's taste in music. I can see why someone might consider his music "rubbish"

If you compare the pure singjay style, he simply doesnt compare to man a yard. Though respect is due to PSM for creating some unique riddims for him to ride and others too. I still play out the Strong Foundation set.
January 31, 2004 09:20AM
bun-n-cheeze no discredit meant to ikeith,, i am unfamiliar with rockert music and was asking for something more specific than "rubbish". why rubbish?? speaking of which mr cheeze, "whiteboy california rasta" isnt rocker t a black guy from brooklyn??
January 31, 2004 09:33AM
I have listend to him and seen him and i dont dig his sound. Its not a stlye that intersts me. No disrespect to him and I am sure he is concious and nice and all that , but I have never pulled one of his cuts and been inspired to listen to him.
bun n cheese
January 31, 2004 02:46PM
he may be from brooklyn originally, but he is not of african disent.
January 31, 2004 05:21PM
thw fact is he is not a good addition to the line up, and it would be better if that money was spent on a small and up comming dee jay drom JA that would probably come for cheep and might be the next Banton.
February 02, 2004 07:21AM
Natty King would be a great addition to the lineup. He has the number one single in england beating out all the big dancehall names, even Vybz jam on the Tunda riddim. Forget signing peple like rocker t Natty has skills and is one of the brightest roots and culture singers to come out recentyl.
Re: Just doesn't add up
February 02, 2004 10:31AM

I-Keith, you of course can have your opinion, which is what you're giving here, not "fact" as you say above. and i do understand where you are coming from, trying to support young JA artists...

but the comparision you make is faulted, where you say they should spend that money on an upcoming JA artist: Rocker T has stays (and has family) in the SF area, and doesn't cost the promoters near what it would cost to fly a JA-based artist to the west coast, set accomodations, all that... plus Rocker T has fans and listeners in NorCal, probably more than Natty King does so far. that's not a knock against the kid, just how things are right now... i play "no guns to town", but right now Natty is still a one-away, and the promoters gotta get pull from each artist if they want to keep this festival alive and vital. so in the end i just don't think the costs just don't compare...

plus who knows what the lineup will end up to hold, last year Warrior King was here, a little before that was Abijah.. they know about supporting young artists.
February 02, 2004 10:52AM

> so in the end i just don't think the costs just don't compare...

oops, make that

"so in the end i just don't think the costs compare"

anyway just check the crowd at the stage with T plays
February 02, 2004 02:29PM
Yeah rocker will have more fans your right, sometimes i forget that there is money being made.
February 05, 2004 02:16PM
Yellowman
February 05, 2004 03:08PM
man come on. he is REALLY past it.
February 07, 2004 12:36PM
Rocker T is a great artist not only in the studio. but vibes it live aswell. he is not just known for great P.S.M. worx in San Fran. he is much RASpected elsewhere for is added efferts to other groups in N.Y. & many other places that are way to many to mention. most diffenetly as proved himself & helped the white mon gain more healthy character in the reggae scene. forward up^
February 10, 2004 06:13PM
Since when do you need to come from Yard to experience the Holy Spirits Insperation and manifest it creatively in music or on any other aspect. Yes from the struggle of the Jamacian people has risen this beautiful reggae music, yet it has inspired the whole world. Not arguing for Rocker T specifcally but I say let Jah arise from the North, South, East and West at SNWMF as we come together in concious unity to chant down this babylon world system and forward the kingdom. In this judgement there is no partiality.
ForwardZion................
napabink
February 11, 2004 01:11PM
Jah a de Feild Marshall.
Pale Ryder
February 11, 2004 02:56PM
Too much comercialization of rastafari...Killer Miller... and I agree. Every dread is not a rasta and every rasta is not a dread. So why do we compare or disregard those not from the J.A. or yard? Creditability speaks louder than the clothes you wear, the dialect you speak, or how cool people think you are.
This reminds me of a story that happened to me last yeat at the festival. A gentleman that was selling CD's was bunked up with a young daughter that was camping next to me and my crew. We were listening to a little Tenor Saw on the sterio, not at deafening volumes, just a modest on the decibles. There was a chain link fence separating our camp site from their's. I heard a voice say, turn off dat music from the 20's and listen to this CD. This salesman was trying to sell us a CD, so I popped it in the CD player. The first track was on the Satta riddim, and then the CD player cut out. Tempermental as the CD player was, I said I did not want the CD. I was called a bumboclaat, and was told that I was lucky that there was a fence separating us. Next came the whole " dont you want to support Jamaican music speach". I just shook my head and turned the other cheek. I don't know if my being white was the problem, or that I just didn't want the CD, but the reason I was there in the first place was to support Jamacian music. A hard salesman for certain, but one thing is for sure, I man is no bumboclaat!
napabink
February 11, 2004 03:57PM
Some a try to sell a CD but dem got a ulterior motive, personal gain, oh what a shame.
Pale Ryder
February 11, 2004 04:28PM
Me just a dance pon de corner....in this a Iwah! Stevo! Whats up bro!
napabink
February 11, 2004 04:34PM
"Me sight one posse called de "midnight ravers",
All dem wear is track suit and trainer.
Me sight one posse called de "earth smoker",
Dem no dance to slackness, only pure culture."

"in dis ya dance pon de corner"
February 11, 2004 08:02PM
HAve you heard of Gentleman, Journey to Jah ? He might be on the list this year !
February 11, 2004 08:43PM
OH RASTA DON' TEASE LIKE THAT!!

Gentleman would make the jouney from Wi. worth it all by itself. I have Journeyto Jah, and I think it is an amazing record

and while I'm here, big up to his majesty's messenjah, ROCKER T!

Blessed,

michael
February 15, 2004 09:32AM
Big Ups to Rocker T, More Luv was a great album, and Rocker T's booking agent was nice enough to hook me up with some of T's 7 inches . If i can make it to the festival this year i'll definently be up in front for Rocker T's set.

Peace and One Love,
Ras James
February 24, 2004 10:40AM
Greetings and Blessings to all-

I saw many of the comments about Rocker being added to this year's line up and I wanted to say big up to all of the folks who have supported Rocker's and PSM's works over the past 10 or so years. Respect to all of the people who travel to see Rocker at Shows, Festivals, and Rainbow Gathering, not to mention the Cannabis Cup every year. I am not in this to pass judgement on anyone so if you don't check for Rocker's works, cool... Leave dat at home... This festival, and all of our works are ment to spread positivity. To uplift and educate. This festival has done more for up and coming artists, both Jamaican and American then any other US Reggae Festival. So respect to SNWMF... All of the haters, well, take a break and check him out for yourself... We all look forward to a blessed, and positive year ahead. Like many folks have said on this message board "Check out the crowd when Rocker plays this year"

Respect and Regards-
Steffen Franz aka Stand Out Selector
President, Positive Sound Massive Recordings
Manager, Rocker-T

PS: I Can't wait for some of these other acts too... Spear, Gentlemen, and Poetz4Peace... This is going to be an amazing SNWMF!!! See you there!

jb welda
February 24, 2004 11:01AM
respect steffen, but please drop that "haters" business...its not positive or uplifting. people have opinions and i personally am tired of people throwing around "haters" in response to their opinions. people who call others "haters" seem to take on many of the characteristics of just that. i have no real opinion on rocker-t either way, i hear hes a heartical brother so thats enough for me.

funny you mention poetz4peace...i was under the impression you are behind that collective. anything you can tell us about them aside from whats on the bio on the site here?

one love
jah bill
February 24, 2004 12:17PM
Your Right Brother-

"Haters" was a bad choice of words... As for Poetz, it is true that I am a member of this amazing group, and have been to Cyprus 3 times over the past year or so. I would say that musically this is a group that spans reggae, hip hop, dub and a healthy dose of both Greek and Turkish influences. As for lyrics... about 90% in english (a few songs are in Greek and Turkish) and 100% Conscious positive lyrics. This is the first time that any of them have been to the US so it is going to be amazing for them to see all of this for the first time. We also hope to record them while they are here for the next album...

Check out [www.peaceremix.com] or [www.olivetreemusic.com]
for some more info and free sound samples.

Respect-
Standout

jb welda
February 24, 2004 12:39PM
all right...im looking forward to their appearance. warren has hipped me to them (and you, though i know of you through your years of psm and standout selector).

one love
jah bill
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login