April 14, 2005 09:58PM
they will be playing at the Fox Theatre on tuesday the 19th in salinas
Re: Thirld world
April 15, 2005 02:40PM
playing this sunday in san diego at the del mar fair
HIGHPRAISE
April 15, 2005 02:50PM
Del Mar fair ? Thought that was june to july...
16_Year_ROTR_Vet
April 15, 2005 03:05PM
I wish I could makt that Salinas show......I am sure its gonna be massive. I am stunned that the tour didnt bring the Reggae Boys to the Bay Area.
April 16, 2005 02:16AM
no...its the festival del mar...
mikey dread, third world, and desmond dekker all on sunday
April 18, 2005 09:08AM
Tuesday, April 19
Universal Roots Reggae Legends
THIRD WORLD
Plus Native Elements & General Mike T
With DJ Trini and MC Rocky Bailey

Fox Theater – 243 Main St Salinas, CA 93901
$17 advance/$20 at door
Doors 7:30pm, Show at 8:30pm
All Ages, no video or audio recording allowed, refreshments available

Ras Ghost Productions in association with Good Vibez Entertainment and SureThing Productions proudly present universal roots reggae legends THIRD WORLD to the Fox Theater in Old Town Salinas on Tuesday, April 19. Openers will include Native Elements and General Mike T plus crucial roots spun by DJ Trini and MC Rocky Bailey.

After a quarter-century of smash hit songs, sold-out tours and inspirational messages, one may wonder, "Where did it all begin? What gives Third World the staying power so rare in the music industry?" Third World is more than just one of the top reggae bands of all time; it is an institution. An institution that stands for producing and performing music that, while holding firm to the cultural and ancestral roots of its' members, still pushes forward the cutting edge of music worldwide. It is an institution whose themes are positive, progressive and internationally relevant.

Formed in 1973, Third World is committed to the excellence of reggae music by combining Jamaican reggae and folk music with all strains of African Rhythms, American Pop, Rhythm & Blues, and Classical music. Third World is one of the longest running and most diverse bands Jamaica has ever produced. Born out of a drive to write and perform original material incorporating reggae, rock and funk, and a desire to tour and take music to a wider audience, Third World was conceived.

The original members are William "Bunny Rugs" Clark - lead vocals and guitar, Stephen "Cat" Coore- lead guitar and cello, Richard 'Bassheart' Daley- bass. However due to Michael "Ibo" Cooper and William Stewart leaving the group, Third World has recruited some of Jamaica's most talented musicians: Herbert "Herbie" Harris -keyboards, and Tony 'Ruption' Williams -drums.

Third World opened for Bob Marley & The Wailers on their 1975 European Tour, and performed on some of his recordings. They have remained a force in international music ever since. Recipients of the 1986 "United Nations Peace Medal," 1992 and 1996 Jamaica Music Industry awards for Best Show Band, and several nominations for the Grammy Awards.

The latest album "Ain't Givin' Up" fuses the energy and of its newest members with the wisdom and musicianship of its original members. The album has 14 tracks and features guest appearances from Julian Lennon on "Hold Tight", Glen Washington on "Rebel Rock Session," and Lady Saw with "My Fire". The title track, "Ain't Givin' Up" confirms that Third World regardless of crisis, war, what ever what; they are not giving up, no way.

As Third World says, "If it's music, sweet music, let it play."

Tickets Available at: Streetlight Records (Santa Cruz & San Jose), Bay Photo Labs (Salinas & Monterey), Quik Stops (Monterey & Seaside)

And online at Ticketweb: www.ticketweb.com 866-468-3399

More show info, contact Good Vibez Entertainment at 831-724-8865 or goodvibezmusic@yahoo.com
For press inquires, contact Amy Shapas of So You Can at 831-479-0711 or amy@soyoucan.com
April 18, 2005 09:24AM
anyone catch em in malibu
February 19, 2006 05:49PM
i was wondering if anyone could tell me when the last time steel pulse or thirld world released a new cd thank you.
February 19, 2006 06:06PM
black gold green is third world's latest
February 19, 2006 06:39PM
Here you go eddie smith hope this is some help to you when you go out to purchase the new releases by both of these TOP BANDS going strong for 30+ years
now can you say the same? I&I say MUCH RASPECT to the ELDERS to the ORIGINATORS!! Without yesterday there would be no today! And without today there would be no tomorrow! LIVE UP!

Steel Pulse: "African Holocaust" Released: 2004
Steel Pulse Discography: {19} albums {21} Singles
[www.andybrouwer.co.uk]
official website:
[www.steel-pulse.com]
Interview here:
[www.jahworks.org]

Third World:"Black Gold & Green" Released: 07/26/2005
Discography: {19} albums
[www.mp3.com]
official website:
[www.thirdworldband.com]
reviews here:
[music.yahoo.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login