Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is Albert Griffith and Apple Gabriel the same person?

Posted by Ras Kinchelow 
Is Albert Griffith and Apple Gabriel the same person?
April 24, 2005 09:49AM
who is Albert "Apple" Craig. today is his birthday i might add.
gladiators>izzy vibes> apple gabriel? im confused. can someoine inform me of these artist as i believe are the same person but may not be.

different names for the same performer?
BMC
Re: Is Albert Griffith and Apple Gabriel the same person?
April 24, 2005 10:14AM
Two (very) different persons.
April 24, 2005 10:19AM
AG is the best. I've never heard any cross-reference to Apple Craig. Is he one of the brethern in Israel Vibration? I would love to see the return of the Gladiators
Maconha
April 24, 2005 10:24AM
RASpect

Apple Gabriel= co-founder of the trio Israel Vibration along wid Wiss an Skelly, Rootsman, now singing solo
Albert Griffith= vocal of da great Gladiators, Rootsman

2 of me favorite artists...

Give thanks itinually...
Bless
April 24, 2005 10:46AM
i hear apple's on the groundation tour ... lucky west coast suckers !
hopefully his new album will employ real drums and not flabba program beats
Maconha
April 24, 2005 11:01AM
RASpect

...just not feelin why no Apple on da line up...ya know?...he would deliva his own...an then when Groundation is on stage he would drop by...but me dont know bout da politics of da industry, so...

Roots an Culture 4IVA...
Bless
O Mon
April 24, 2005 11:41AM
Izzy Vibes just aint the same without Apple. Period.
HIGHPRAISE
April 24, 2005 11:43AM
Could be ah Political .. Apple is one of the most positive singers bringing forth nothing but positivity. He has had trouble w/ some promoters before(what reggae artist hasn't) And the whole thing w/ I Vibes , Wadi Gad wierdness. Maybe favortism from tha promoters.. Hopefully im wrong. Would Loooooove to see em at SNWMF..
April 24, 2005 03:48PM
By the way Ras K Apple Craig and Apple Gabriel are the same person, I am not sure why he goes by both. But Albert Griffiths: totally different.
~IRIE VIBES EVERYTIME~
April 24, 2005 08:21PM
Jahboo, the bummer is that had everything fallen into place Don Carlos would have been on the tour also. No worries though. Be on the lookout for Groundation with Apple and Don on tour after they get back from Europe this year. Groundation making strides with the elders.

fourtwentyplenty
April 24, 2005 08:52PM
so who is the guy in the apple green outfits with the crutch in one hand and the mic in the other singing for izzy vibes? that is apple gabriel right? there is two of them if im correct.

i saw izzy vibes at doheny days last year and it was only the polio stricken cat in the apple green outfit.
April 24, 2005 09:32PM
That is Wiss and Skelly, apple hasn't played with Izzy in years .
P.S. it was the only "Polio stricken cat" is a pretty disrespectful way to refer to an ailing legend. Especially when you have no idea of whom you are refering to.
~IRIE VIBES EVERYTIME~

Post Edited (04-24-05 21:38)

~HIGHEST HEIGHTZ EVERY TIME~
HIGHPRAISE
April 24, 2005 09:43PM
All three had Polio at very young ages..
April 24, 2005 10:46PM
The original Israel Vibration...(L to R) Skelly, Apple, Wiss. Each afflicted with childhood polio, they met at Kingston's Mona Rehabilitation Clinic.
If I overstand whappen correctly, ego clashes esp. between Skelly & Apple split up the singers, once in the 80s, then for good in the late 90s. I still feel that Apple is the most talented of the 3 both in vocals and songwriting, but judging from his solo output and also the latest work from the remaining 2 IVs it's clear that the whole was much greater than the sum of the parts. At least Dr. Dread of RAS records got them back together for a while.

April 24, 2005 10:54PM
The original Israel Vibration...(L to R) Skelly, Apple, Wiss. Each afflicted with childhood polio, they met at Kingston's Mona Rehabilitation Clinic.
If I overstand whappen correctly, ego clashes esp. between Skelly & Apple split up the singers, once in the 80s, then for good in the late 90s. I still feel that Apple is the most talented of the 3 both in vocals and songwriting, but judging from his solo output and also the latest work from the remaining 2 IVs it's clear that the whole was much greater than the sum of the parts. At least Dr. Dread of RAS records got them back together for a while.

April 24, 2005 10:55PM
oops

HIGHPRAISE
April 24, 2005 11:05PM
Aaahh Yes .. What a sight , the bredren lovin and smilin together.. Cooool and calm ......
HIGHPRAISE
April 24, 2005 11:07PM
Even Wiss crackin a likkle smile...
April 10, 2006 09:24PM
Nop...albert griffith is your DAD
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login