Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

When the US gonna free up Mykal Rose's visa?

Posted by Chimino 
When the US gonna free up Mykal Rose's visa?
April 26, 2004 05:37PM
Cos as of right now under the Patroit Act he is considered a terrorist:

[lister.ultrakohl.com]
Iri_I
Re: When the US gonna free up Mykal Rose's visa?
April 26, 2004 05:43PM
Crazy...
April 26, 2004 05:58PM

ANOTHER SAD PART OF THE JOKE BUSINESS SINCE 9/11. ANYONE
STILLLL GONNA VOTE FO' NADER?!?! HELL, THIS REGIME NOT EVEN ALLOW
IBRAHIM FERRER TO ENTER THE COUNTRY TO GET HIS GRAMMY THIS YEAR.
EVERYONE KNOWS HOW DANGEROUS THOSE CUBAN SINGERS IN THEIR 70S ARE....
April 26, 2004 06:11PM
I am confused - the article say this happen in 2002 - then right below it talks about Mykal playing a show in NY this year? I like what it says at the top - The Dancer, the Duck and Lauryn Hill? I would be buying that...
April 26, 2004 07:13PM
That confused me also, but they said he is the "star" of the show, not that he will be performing. Kinda how reading of Mumia Abu-Jamal's works at conferences make him the "star" tho he isn't actually in the building.
April 26, 2004 07:30PM
there iz alot of story here dat iz not being told. probley has something to do with why he to cancell some summer showz after last show@ ROTR. i* could fill ya in on sum rumerz floating amuck but dont really care to get in to due to nature of discussion. -RASpects+
jb welda
April 26, 2004 07:42PM
papa ray are you saying we should vote for ralph nader?

thats THE number one best way to get bush re-elected.

even aside from that, i would vote for nader for dog catcher.

one love
jah bill
April 26, 2004 07:58PM
can anyone seh conspiracy? if dar waz even close vote call on a third party do u tink the bloodclot would let it fly? i* like anthony B song"nah vote again" ,it chat the long story short up. cant even let nader in for debate. come on >forward^
April 26, 2004 08:00PM
Hey Jah Bill, you got something against dogs these days?

Shame on you for sicking Ralph on those poor little canines. And I have to respectfully disagree with you on your assessment of Bush's reelection. THE number one best way to get bush re-elected is, not if people vote for Nadar, but rather IF PEOPLE DON'T VOTE AT ALL!!!!
April 26, 2004 08:04PM
NO SUH, I'S SAYIN' EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. The point I was trying to make is there ARE consequences for who one votes(or don't) vote for. Anyone who
voted Nader(especially if they were in a state where it wuz up for grabs)in the last election shoulda known what it meant to get Chaney&crew... I was not surprised that G.W.'s choice for Attorney General wuz Ashcroft.

Everything going on now is what happens when you allow two oil-men to run tha' country....
pat
April 26, 2004 08:39PM
I agree with ya'll about a vote 4 nadar = a vote 4 bush....
but at the same time... shouldn't we all vote for who, among the candidates, we want to be our president??? that seems lke the most logical thing to do.... maybe if more people did that, we wouldn't have to chose the lesser of 2 evils.... or.... in other words.. we could actually vote for the person we want for president... thats how it should be anyways...
whatever....
joseph hill 4 prez!
jb welda
April 26, 2004 09:28PM
i misspoke (typed) daniel...i meant i WOULDNT vote for nader for dogcatcher!

thats what i thought you were saying papa ray, just wanted to clarify it.

pat, ive been waiting 30 years to vote for someone i thought

a) would be a good president

and

b) had even a snowballs chance in hell of winning.

im still waiting
-bob marley

meanwhile i will vote for kerry (presumably) by default. its hard to imagine anyone worse than the current man in charge. (did someone say "ahhnold"?)

one love
jah bill
pat
April 26, 2004 09:48PM
True that jah bill. I guess the root of it is our system sucks. We don't have any good options, so its tough. Well, hopefully one day this will all change... Heheh, or u can just move outta the country. Costa Rica is a real nice place. They haven't had an army for fifty years!

How bout dave chapelle 4 president grinning smiley
Pale Ryder
April 26, 2004 10:15PM
Honky is a racial epithet, made popular by George Jefferson........
April 26, 2004 10:21PM
i saw that one. they did the childrens song about STD's with Q-Tip. that was some funny shite!
Pale Ryder
April 26, 2004 10:30PM
Lol, yeah. Gotta luv the slavemaster getting capped! Believe it or not, that is some ground breaking comdey!
April 26, 2004 10:33PM
accept BET. dat must be hole digging comedy!
April 30, 2004 06:08PM

[1] !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>From Bad Newz Ent. & Errol Moore (R.A.W.#1833)

Subject: Reggae Concert Benefit for WBAI and the Free Michael Rose
Campaign
From: "Renita Deloatch" <renita@badnewzentertainment.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 9:48 PM

Reggae Concert Benefit for WBAI and the Free Michael Rose Campaign
Tues., May 4, 2004 @ 9:00pm

Errol Moore will be performing @ S.O.B.'s
Along Side: Sister Carol, Carlton Coffee, Ras Karby,
Haile Unlikely and Junior Jazz.

This will be a media event you do not want to miss!!!
Proceeds support WBAI-99.5 FM, WUSB 90.1FM and Michael Rose's legal
case
against John Ashcroft
Bad Newz Entertainment
renita@badnewzentertainment.com
Presented by S.O.B.'s Reggae Concert and Lister Hewan-Lowe,
Host of WBAI's Burn Baby Burn Clappers
200 Varick St, New York, NY 10014
212-243-4940
April 30, 2004 08:55PM
Let's get this campaign and event on the west coast so that we can help out too. Anyone got the connections to make this happen? There might still be enough time to book before all the summer and fall dates are filled. This is the perfect way to raise some money for a good cause with a conscious group of people!!! -And still have a great time!

May 01, 2004 01:39AM
Getting it out here on the west coast would be great. Sounds like something a place like Ashkenaz would do. Peace.
May 01, 2004 04:49AM
Good point, Ras-James. If they do a benefit for a convicted rapist, surely Mr Rose deserves the same respect. Since WBAI is part of the NY benefit, it wouldn't be too far of a stretch for KPFA to weigh in on the issue. Hmmm....
Stevo
May 01, 2004 07:15AM
Are you refering to Jah Cure Chimino? If so I am surprised to hear someone throw that out there in such context. I know he was convicted of rape, but after hearing his lyrics I got so much love for that youth, guilty or not. You see, a man can change during his incarceration. I got no problem seeing him serve his sentence, cause I don't know the true story, but I got no problem if they free him up either.
Ites-
Stevo
Stevo
May 01, 2004 07:28AM
FYI...Some say all his new stuff is from the vaults. I believe otherwise.
May 01, 2004 07:32AM
the lion of judah shall break every chain. over & over again! ROAR*
May 01, 2004 07:35AM
wha new stuff? most just re-released.
Stevo
May 01, 2004 07:35AM
Hopefully sooner than later in this case. Please Jah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Stevo
May 01, 2004 07:50AM
Ghetto Life mostly re-released, yes, but not everything on there.
Stevo
May 01, 2004 07:51AM
I know he cuts dubz from gp.
May 01, 2004 07:53AM
I have a live recording from prison of Jah cure, it is not the best quality but still amazing... in a recent interview I read he has not released anything new (studio anyways)....but he has been writing so many songs and is roaring to get out and stun the reggae world! Beware slackness here comes "The Truth"
OK ready for tha rebuke....Jah Cure is a Rapist!!!!(How was he convicted?? let someone that knows throw the first stone)
May 01, 2004 08:11AM
well stevo thank beres for a fine production dat one but those songs were all released in england before they hit amerikkka. but u must get "FREE JAH's CURE"the album the truth" produced by: Iley Dread(dis yearz snwmf mystery guest) from the year 2000 J&D distributers. dis album i* tink u will like better than "ghetto life". both are good but like the fire house crew sound on here better. itez*
Stevo
May 01, 2004 07:47PM
There's only a couple peices of Jah Cures released music I don't have already. Well familiar with everything he's put out. No matter when it came from or who heard it first, it ain't like he's dead. He's just in jail.
May 02, 2004 03:28AM
Stevo, I agree...I do enjoy Jah Cure's music also. I'm not sure if he's guilty or not. From what I understand the girl was 16 and he was 17 at the time, along with other extenuating circumstances.
But my point being in a PC town & venue like Berkeley & Ashkenaz, Jah Cure still got his benefit, so it seems Rose and his struggles would be a shoe in for such an event (with its linkage to the Patriot Act & all).
May 02, 2004 04:38AM
who said anyting about JAH being dead. in cure's case just waiting for a fresh slate. -RASpects+
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login