Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

update lineup

Posted by jahholdo 
update lineup
April 26, 2004 08:11PM
Hey as of right now on the lineup page they have tokyo ska somthing playing both saturday and sunday, I think they need linval playing on sunday instead, and they couple more crucial acts to be complete.....
Re: update lineup
April 26, 2004 08:12PM
ehh...without Linval, there's no reason to even go to stageside on Friday. It would be just a Downbeat dance then everyone go sleep.
April 26, 2004 08:24PM
tokyo gonna play when spear iz playing anywayz so most will miss dem. i* admitt dey be working it inna ska $tyle(check world tour!). but will open on sunday for everyonez brite eye'z for mizzed mazzive. dan'z insider a few threads back here for dis hudge japon act. -RASpects+
April 26, 2004 08:32PM
ehh... only band's worth seeing on sunday are clinton fearon, and ras michael. where's all the crucial act's snwmf is known for bringing out.This year seems like the same touring act's you get see every summer.
April 26, 2004 08:35PM
yeh check SUNDAY NITE! thread & see how for its gone so far. itez*
April 26, 2004 09:16PM
yes, jah holdo is a prophet of roots music
& yes, if clinton fearon wasnt performing on sunday..... i think i would leave early.
SNWMF, have linval play on saturday & book mighty diamonds & abyssianians.
c'mon barneys
April 26, 2004 09:23PM
ehhhhhhhh...not even worth making it stageside to check out Dezarie, Ikhaba, and Femi Kuti? I'm guessing you haven't seen any of these artists perform before. I would encourage you broaden your horizons and check these artists out before making that determination. I'd be shocked if you had the same opinion afterwards.

ehhhh...Beres Hammond and Winston Jarrett are not worth seeing???? Let's just say that you would probably have a hard time winning this argument with the vast majority of your fellow festival goers. See above advice.

Let's see...same old touring acts like Sabbatical Ahdah, Gentlemen, Alton Ellis Horace Andy, Linval, Downbeat, Winston Jarrett, Dezarie, Ikhaba, Downbeat, Ras Michael, and Femi Kuti.

Don Carlos, Midnite, Beres, and Burning Spear may tour often these days, but they all put on killer live shows.

Just my 2 cents. Hey you can always save yourself some $ and buy Saturday only tickets.
April 26, 2004 10:21PM
well said niceup - I couldn't agree more!
I mean sure I would like to see LKJ again, or Tavaka (anyone else catch them on LINK - upbeat polynesian rydim's!) but I can't complain about the lineup as it stands - personnally I wish there were more acts that I wasn't so big on seeing - it's nice to take breaks back at camp, but this year I don't see that happening much at all..!

peace and love
April 27, 2004 02:05AM
Lineup,
Nuff said.........
Cho!!
Forgive them Jah for they know not what dem say........
ForwardZion.............
cali_roots
April 27, 2004 06:33AM
no one on this board likes to make negative comments and if someone does right away they come to defend like these people are trippin. but come on if you been supporting these california festivals as long as some of us have you would know this dont cut it. and thats the truth no offence to anyone but that is the way it is. they pulled out all the old timers when cali massive wants something fresh every year. and when people suggest that this show is lacking its the truth it is. doesnt mean we are not going to support it and be there the full weekend jammin. but dont act like we dont know what we talk about i have a massive reggae collection and i know whats missing. the Fyah!!!!
Pale Ryder
April 27, 2004 09:16AM
True cali, but here in nor cali, we also like artists that practise what they preach. The SNWMF has not seen a good dancehall show since Buju in 01. Last year Capelton had the crowd singning more than he was, and I think he said "lighters" more times than "burn batty man". I give it up to the dancehall stylee too, but its nice to see old friends on occasion, and learn from their wisdom...
April 27, 2004 12:15PM
I have been going to both norcal festivals for 15 years now (including a couple of jaunts to Reggae on the Rocks)- I have yet to see:
Midnite
Fermin Muguruza
Horace Andy
Gentleman
El Gran Silencio
Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra
Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
Dezarie
Ikahba
Rocker-T
Elijah Emanuel & The Revelations
Poetz4Peace
Sabbattical Ahdah
Jah Warrior Shelter Hi-Fi

True - not so many dancehall artists, but this IS a World Music Festival - open your ears to some different sounds. If you can only live with dancehall - go to a dancehall show!
April 27, 2004 12:17PM
where'z the dub? dubguy*
jb welda
April 27, 2004 12:36PM
maybe a dj will play a dub record for you if you ask nicely.

one love
jah bill
April 27, 2004 12:39PM
-dat would be nice+ let i* kno if the i* needz sum help with dat. itez*
April 27, 2004 12:40PM
LOL - in the dancehall I hope!
Seriously - while I am a singer and a player (bass/percussion) from way back - I haven't had the equipment to produce anything new in a while (all my musical gear was ripped off from storage just before I went to retrieve it). I still have the computer recording setup - but nothing to plug into it! I also do artwork (some old samples are on my terribly outdated website: www.dubimagery.com), which I view as "dubbing" the visuals...
Hopefully I will be inspired this year and go buy a bass/keyboard..
April 27, 2004 12:42PM
keep dubbin' on -RASpects+
Stevo
April 27, 2004 02:44PM
"Maybe a DJ will play a dub record if you ask nicely?"

Where's a DJ we don't have to ask...to play 2 dub records?

Am I in the friggin twilight zone? It's like Sizzla invented reggae ova here.

I know you're past all that JB, but a little convincing would help.
jb welda
April 27, 2004 03:23PM
i havent a clue what the djs there will play. but there arent any strictly dubwise sound systems (if there is such a thing) coming this year. personally i think pure dubwise is pretty boring in a live situation, i would prefer showcase style but as you probably know, most todays djs just cant restrain themselves from showing their versatility by changing records every 20 seconds...doesnt really leave room for 6 minute extended versions.

hope that helps

one love
jah bill
April 27, 2004 03:35PM
20 seconds just is not enough ti *&@% PUUUULL UUUUP!!!!
20 seconds just is not enough ti &$%# FORWARD!!!!
im going to see the Pixies tonight.
Acacia
April 27, 2004 03:39PM
Doolittle on..
Pale Ryder
April 27, 2004 03:40PM
WWHHHEEEEELLLLL IT!!
April 27, 2004 03:48PM
i like their alien tunes. some brilliant works.
April 27, 2004 03:54PM
one fine day in my odd past
i pick me up a transmission
i turn the fission ignition
went looking for the broadcaster

and when i first touched some ground
they simply told me to leave
was kinda hard to believe
cause there was no one around

this aint the planet of sound.

i had a talented wine
that land o' classical gas
and on the planet of glass
they saw me skippin through time
i got to somewhere renound
for its canals and colour of red
and lots of guys who shook their heads
rhythmically to the sound

this aint the planet of sound

i met a guy on a rover
he said "its one more over"
its just ahead where your bound
this aint the planet of sound.
Stevo
April 27, 2004 04:07PM
I wanna be a debaser........
April 27, 2004 04:07PM
and my all time favorite lyrics...

Last night he could not make it
he tried hard but could not make it
last night he could not make it
on a holiday
for many miles
looking for a place to stay
near some friendly star
he found this mote
and now we wonder where we are
how could this so great
turn so shitty
he ended up in army crates
and photographs in files
his tiny boat
sparked as he turned to grazed our city
i started driving on the motorway
i was feeling down
Stevo
April 27, 2004 04:14PM
Strictly dubwise soundsystems don't play reggae, they play techno. By process of elimination, we can probably put our finger on this roots&dub ting.
cali_roots
April 27, 2004 06:35PM
dub guy just because i said it needed fyah has nothing to do with dancehall . i felt like cocoa tea seriously brought some fyah last year. how could you not have seen midnite yet? ive seen them 5 times lol anyways bro id rather not go see a dancehall show if you were refering to me on that comment i just wanna see something better upon sundays lineup. anything concious of coarse and fresh. i know some of cali massive can feel meeeeeee smiling smiley
Stevo
April 28, 2004 05:00PM
Damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Cocoa Tea was not to be missed. When he opened with Bob's "Rastaman Chant", I was lovin' it for sure.
Ites-
Stevo
April 28, 2004 05:12PM
yeh bring cocoa back! capleton should have been opening for his tour. more fyah!
May 03, 2004 11:09AM
cocoa tea actually has a new album out called I have been waiting. the first song is called Red Now. More Fyah!! RoOTS RoCK RegGaE....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login