Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Old School jam!!!

Posted by Frodolocks 
Old School jam!!!
April 27, 2004 03:42PM
20- REGGAE OLD SCHOOL JAM @ QUEEN MARY PARK - LONG BEACH W/ Israel Vibration & Roots Radics Band, Mighty Diamonds, Half Pint, Frankie Paul, Leroy Sibbles, Melodians, Tippa Irie, Dub Cats + more TBA

This show is on the twentieth of june, all these artists will be in the area during the SNWMF. HALF PINT IS A MUST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Old School jam!!!
April 27, 2004 03:46PM
is it smart to hold this the same weekend as SNWMF?

what a line up! geez
TR-808
April 27, 2004 03:55PM

> same weekend as SNWMF?

this has happened a number of times -- more often than not i think -- over the last few years.

I'd also like to see Half Pint @ SNWMF sometime
April 27, 2004 04:38PM
never seen him or frankie paul (dont care what you think of him)
plus the melodians and Mighty Diamonds... might just haffi miss out on sunday and trek to LB.
Acacia
April 27, 2004 05:35PM
What a trek, you'll have a double long drive home on Sun night. Maybe you can hitch a ride with I Vibes. I do remember you wishing for the Melodians in another thread though.
April 27, 2004 05:38PM
i got daize off.
April 27, 2004 06:16PM
promoter could probley quarter up admission collection if him have dis on another weekend. not dat dis iz wha it'z all about but i* kno many more people would go, ya kno. just seemz odd to have a concert dis BIG on same weekend with so many acts. but then again dis L.A. iNi chatty bout here. nuff RASpects to the irie rootz showing. hope the best but i'll be @ snwmf. >1LUV*+*+*+*+*+*+*+
Iri_I
April 27, 2004 09:23PM
I went to it and it was same weekend as SNWMF when Alton Ellis, Culture and Ken Boothe played, and it was packed. This is one of my favorite shows of the year.
April 27, 2004 09:59PM
According to reggaefestivalguide.com, the Old School Summer Jam is now the Reggae Old and New School Jam and it's only happening on Sunday in Long Beach. I haven't been able to connect to their homepage so I can't say for sure but I doubt that it would be listed incorrectly on a website where most of us get connected with the festival world. Must say I had a great time at the Summer Jam last time I went but SNWMF definately takes the cake. Reggae festivals to me are all about the country and camping, not concrete jungles. That said, nuff raspect to Raggamuffin Productions for bringing music to the masses.

Sunday, June 20, 2004
8th Annual Ragga Muffins
Reggae Old & New School Jam
Long Beach, CA USA
www.raggamuffins.org

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login